more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in v Crawley

Started by Friendsoffulham, August 23, 2022, 06:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Lighthouse

Well it has to be said we didn't need a run in this. But even with the team we named we should not being turned over by a team struggling in their own league.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jayffc

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on August 23, 2022, 08:41:57 PM
As much as I like to see youth given a chance these Div 2 players can be very physical and apart from our back line the team is rather lightweight.
The team is only as good as it's whole unit and tonight we are lacking in experience and on the bench.

A shame to see us capitulate so badly but absolutely no interest in the Carabao cup this year. Only woulda been good to give fringe players a run out. Shame that the CB's are falling to bits at the moment but can hardly read too much into a game like this
looks like It'll be Tosin and Team stayin in there

South Coast White

Always gonna be a banana skin with the team he put out. OK were now premier league but look at the bench no real backup if thing go wrong....and it has.

rebel

Team selection to do with 'protecting players' against injury.

JohnG

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 23, 2022, 09:00:22 PM
Well it has to be said we didn't need a run in this. But even with the team we named we should not being turned over by a team struggling in eir own league.

Why do we not have any experienced subs on our bench - an appalling oversight. We should be targeting this competition.

Lighthouse

Ablade and Godo came on at half time for Bryan and Harris

South Coast White

Mince n Tatties

Well it has to be said we didn't need a run in this. But even with the team we named we should not being turned over by a team struggling in their own league.

Same old crap from people every season,we dont need a run.
Give it a fcking rest.

Lighthouse

They have had 7 shots to our 6. But 5 of theirs have been on target. None of ours have.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 23, 2022, 09:07:05 PM

Same old crap from people every season,we dont need a run.
Give it a fcking rest.

As a leading funny man I guess you are being really funny. But to me swearing at me when our club is two down against Crawley is just frustration at the wrong people and I forgive you.

ffcthereligion

Just shows how thin the squad is and reinforces the need for the recruitment pre Sept 1st!

Mince n Tatties

It's funny how other sides and their fans take it seriously.
Villa 3-1 at Bolton
Everton winning at Fleetwood
Saints 2 up at Cambridge
Forest 2 up at Grimsby.

alfie

Surely knock and Cav could have been on the bench.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Somerset Fulham

It shows absolutely nothing other than our backup side hasn't played much and have never played together at all.

Nobody cares about this cup so why are people looking so far into it for things that simply aren't there?  Especially when most of the information is coming via a sodding text commentary.  064.gif

Mince n Tatties

Not a shot on target against bottom of league 2..lol

South Coast White

Let them have their moment of glory FFS, we're never play them again.

FFC1987

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 23, 2022, 09:15:53 PM
It shows absolutely nothing other than our backup side hasn't played much and have never played together at all.

Nobody cares about this cup so why are people looking so far into it for things that simply aren't there?  Especially when most of the information is coming via a sodding text commentary.  064.gif

I'm not going to take this defeat too hard but then again, at the very least it should show where a number of these players truly are. Posters recently have openly mocked people for suggesting the squads thin and we can't necessarily rely on the players coming through the academy yet. Tonight this proves it to me. I liked the setup before the game. Enough experience at the back and middle to allow the youngsters to shine against a struggling league 2 side. But alas, not a shot on target yet. Poor, poor showing from some of these players who should be going hell for leather to earn a spot in this squad. Real shame really.

Somerset Fulham

Agree with that, mostly.  This was the perfect time to give them a chance and to see what they can do and it turns out that en masse they aren't up to it.

So we just move on, knowing not to drop anymore than one of them into the first team at a time. It doesn't make Diop, Duffy, Cairney (who was a lot of people's MoM on Saturday. Saturday!) poor backups, they were just in a side that lost tonight in a competition that very few of us give a toss about.

FFC1987

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 23, 2022, 09:44:47 PM
Agree with that, mostly.  This was the perfect time to give them a chance and to see what they can do and it turns out that en masse they aren't up to it.

So we just move on, knowing not to drop anymore than one of them into the first team at a time. It doesn't make Diop, Duffy, Cairney (who was a lot of people's MoM on Saturday. Saturday!) poor backups, they were just in a side that lost tonight in a competition that very few of us give a toss about.

Yep agreed. I've seen a few knee jerk reactions writing Diop off for example but it's understandable. Emotions are high, we just got beat by a struggling league 2 side so vent away I say. Once Saturday comes, brush ourselves off and get some more points against a really, really tough opposition. Hopefully by then the lads have had a bollocking for tonight's performance and some new talent is in the squad and we can push on again. Onwards and upwards.