watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spurs stadium - safe standing

Started by David1879, August 25, 2022, 11:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David1879

Spurs away tickets have arrived, and say 'safe standing section' on them. It seems the whole away end is safe standing and the rows have rails as well as seats. I don't mean this to turn in to a discussion on the merits of standing vs sitting, but I do wonder how it works for people less willing or able to stand for 90 minutes. If it's just one or two blocks within a section and you have a choice, that is one thing but if standing is allowed, as soon as anyone stands up, everyone has to stand up. I wasn't the one who bought the tickets and don't know if this was mentioned anywhere beforehand.

I personally don't mind and even prefer it, but I'm going with my Dad who is not long out of hospital - he will manage but there will be others going who might not.

I think it is similar to the arguments for/against 'limbs' at football. It's fine for those who want to stand (or jump around on top of each other) to do it, but it becomes a problem when it encroaches on the enjoyment of the people around who don't want that.

AnotherOldgit

All the tickets say safe standing but block 118 was sold as seated only. You couldn't book these online but instead had to ring up the ticket office.

David1879

Good to know, glad it's been thought of. I hope it works as intended!

fulhamfan

if anyone can get a ticket that cant make it i will gladly buy it off you! cheers!

fcfulham55

I prefer to stand but never will if people behind are sitting.  Simply clubs should ask whether you want a front or back seat.... Front rows being for those wanting to sit.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

ffcthereligion

Quote from: David1879 on August 25, 2022, 11:00:22 AM
Spurs away tickets have arrived, and say 'safe standing section' on them. It seems the whole away end is safe standing and the rows have rails as well as seats. I don't mean this to turn in to a discussion on the merits of standing vs sitting, but I do wonder how it works for people less willing or able to stand for 90 minutes. If it's just one or two blocks within a section and you have a choice, that is one thing but if standing is allowed, as soon as anyone stands up, everyone has to stand up. I wasn't the one who bought the tickets and don't know if this was mentioned anywhere beforehand.

I personally don't mind and even prefer it, but I'm going with my Dad who is not long out of hospital - he will manage but there will be others going who might not.

I think it is similar to the arguments for/against 'limbs' at football. It's fine for those who want to stand (or jump around on top of each other) to do it, but it becomes a problem when it encroaches on the enjoyment of the people around who don't want that.

There's a rail for you to lean on with safe standing

SG

I think they had safe standing at Wolfsburg all those years ago. It worked well. Stood but took the weight off my feet when there were breaks in play, half time etc

fulhamfan

They had safe standing at man city away last season and it was quality

Twig

Quote from: fcfulham55 on August 25, 2022, 02:09:14 PM
I prefer to stand but never will if people behind are sitting.  Simply clubs should ask whether you want a front or back seat.... Front rows being for those wanting to sit.

Well said.

Andy S

At Wolfsburg it was the first time I had seen safe standing. It worked well, I became a convert then.