watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Dele Alli

Started by Fulham 442, August 25, 2022, 08:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham 442

What's gone wrong with Dele, such a huge talent and now the wheels seem to have come off and now off on loan to Turkey after only seven months at Everton..

SP

There was a general feeling at the time that Everton had lost the plot paying so much for this guy, what a waste that they can ill afford.

ffcthereligion

This is a rare occasion where I can claim to be ITK. Sadly, Dele Alli has a chronic addition to sleeping pills. Its been something that Tottenham really tried to help with as he was such a prolific talent when he was younger but sadly it appears to have gotten the better of him and he doesn't have the constitution to play at the top level anymore. I obviously won't reveal the source but they used to be inside football and still know a number of older pros in the game. I believe one day this will come out in the press

Fulham 442

Quote from: ffcthereligion on August 25, 2022, 09:18:54 PM
This is a rare occasion where I can claim to be ITK. Sadly, Dele Alli has a chronic addition to sleeping pills. Its been something that Tottenham really tried to help with as he was such a prolific talent when he was younger but sadly it appears to have gotten the better of him and he doesn't have the constitution to play at the top level anymore. I obviously won't reveal the source but they used to be inside football and still know a number of older pros in the game. I believe one day this will come out in the press
Thanks for the info but so sorry to hear this.  I do hope he can overcome his addiction and get his career back on track.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Fulham 442 on August 26, 2022, 09:28:17 AM
Thanks for the info but so sorry to hear this.  I do hope he can overcome his addiction and get his career back on track.

Yes I think it's very sad particularly as people in the media and online bash him repeatedly with the 'too much too young' 'he was always overrated' narrative. People forget he remains the youngest player to reach 50 prem goals, quicker than gerrard and lampard etc

There's often more to the iceberg than we get to see as fans

Terry Towling

Quote from: Fulham 442 on August 25, 2022, 08:55:20 PM
What's gone wrong with Dele, such a huge talent and now the wheels seem to have come off and now off on loan to Turkey after only seven months at Everton..

Terrible waste of young talent. football doesn't seem to be able to or have the desire to look after so many of the young people that it makes money from.

Mince n Tatties

No good little scrag..
Thought he was jack the lad at Spurs,Harry Kane shut him up.
So I'd rather worry about some poor kids suffering in Great Ormond St through no fault of their own,than worry that his career has gone down tubes.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 26, 2022, 02:48:04 PM
No good little scrag..
Thought he was jack the lad at Spurs,Harry Kane shut him up.
So I'd rather worry about some poor kids suffering in Great Ormond St through no fault of their own,than worry that his career has gone down tubes.
I'm not comparing the scenarios, just talking about Dele losing his way unfortunately. He's clearly got a lot of issues and I for one sincerely hopes he gets back on track.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: ffcthereligion on August 26, 2022, 11:00:35 AM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on August 26, 2022, 09:28:17 AM

Yes I think it's very sad particularly as people in the media and online bash him repeatedly with the 'too much too young' 'he was always overrated' narrative. People forget he remains the youngest player to reach 50 prem goals, quicker than gerrard and lampard etc

There's often more to the iceberg than we get to see as fans

Agree. And it's a reminder that it takes tremendous mental fortitude in addition to the physical kind to thrive in a top league.

Marcel_Gecov

I think sadly thats his career over in the big leagues. Could see him going to a newly promoted club or even the Champ in the next few years. Doubt he will ever play for England again however.

Free Elvis Hammond

Heartbreaking interview out this morning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyDL9EUIdy0

It turns out he's just come out of rehab. Talks about addiction to sleeping pills, drinking, mental health problems, childhood trauma, as well as some of the darker aspects of the game

A slightly sad bit of context is he says he would have rather waited a bit longer to go public, but the press got hold of the story so he's getting out in front of it

More positively, he says he's now in the best place he's been for a long time. I really hope for him he can revive his career

Sammyffc

Watching the interview just shows how many low lives there are in the world who insult people they don't even know just to fuel their own little ego, even on this board in this case in regards to Dele.

Sad state of affairs and i hope he gets the help needed

Takemehome27

I had no idea the poor lad had the upbringing he did, goes to show yet again just how little we know about these people that we think have it all!

I certainly hope he gets his game back up to some sort of standard, he was one hell of a footballer in his youth

Dodgin

Sad story, hopefully he recovers to the opportunity that football has given him, after a devasting childhood. He did look at one stage having the football world at his feet.

fulhamfan

very sad. hope he gets better soon.

Would love to see him at Fulham

Fulham 442

Quote from: Free Elvis Hammond on July 13, 2023, 09:04:46 AMHeartbreaking interview out this morning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyDL9EUIdy0

It turns out he's just come out of rehab. Talks about addiction to sleeping pills, drinking, mental health problems, childhood trauma, as well as some of the darker aspects of the game

A slightly sad bit of context is he says he would have rather waited a bit longer to go public, but the press got hold of the story so he's getting out in front of it

More positively, he says he's now in the best place he's been for a long time. I really hope for him he can revive his career
Thank you so much for posting this.  It made for a very difficult watch.  I sincerely hope that Dele manages to get his life and career back on track now that he has some very much needed professional help.

jarv

Very sad indeed. Hoping he can get some success out of the twilight of his playing career. I am sure there are many teams where he can keep a low profile and become popular with the fans. He might be better outside the premier or even in Europe.

andrew G

Now this is out in the open I hope we can all wish him really well.
It explains everything. I have to admit I was one that thought he was in the too much too soon camp, but  I now hope he gets all the support necessary and recaptures his form, self estime and finishes his career in a blaze of glory.

Logicalman

Massive kudos for the way he presented himself, and spoke of his childhood.
He takes responsibility for his own mistakes, and appeared honest about the rest.

I never really liked his attitude over the years, though, after seeing this, I can understand a lot more where he's coming from, and wish him nothing but the best in getting back up there with the Toffees (though not in the first game, of course).

Thanks for sharing the link.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.