watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Palhinha

Started by Southcoastffc, August 28, 2022, 09:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Am I right in thinking Joao has picked up yellow cards in each of our 4 games so far? If so, he'll be suspended soon and we'll likely struggle without him.  And, over the season, he looks like getting a large hatful of cards. (Not a criticism, I really like him as a player and he's really valuable to us)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

General

I think he's picked up 3 out of the 4. It's a one? Game suspension for the first five and then goes up if it's more?

I think it was harsh of the ref to give him a yellow yesterday, definitely didn't do anything in the tackle or after it to merit it in my book.

legana

His role in the team makes him much more likely to be carded, especially by the current standards. There are definitely going to be a number of games where he won't be available (as well as Reed). I wonder if we will bring in cover for this position? We were after Al-Musrati previously, which went quiet after Palhinha signed so presumably he was second choice. Recent fan discussion over Lemina too. I wonder if our promising start will have an effect on deadline day recruitment?

RaySmith

He maybe used to different standards than here - is a bit worrying, has seemed such an important player for us, and you don't want his effectiveness inhibited.

The cards  usually seem unreasonably harsh to me.

Colton F.C.

He needs to speak to SteffiJo about Yellow Card Management!

Here are the rules

Five yellows accumulated before match week 19 results in a one-match ban.
Ten yellows accumulated by week 32 will result in a two-match ban.
Fifteen yellows by week 38 means a three-match ban.
Twenty yellows in a season can result in the Regulatory Commission punishing the player in a manner that they deem to be most fitting.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Colton F.C. on August 28, 2022, 08:06:46 PM
He needs to speak to SteffiJo about Yellow Card Management!

Here are the rules

Five yellows accumulated before match week 19 results in a one-match ban.
Ten yellows accumulated by week 32 will result in a two-match ban.
Fifteen yellows by week 38 means a three-match ban.
Twenty yellows in a season can result in the Regulatory Commission punishing the player in a manner that they deem to be most fitting.

First two seem like dead certs. Is there any way he only picks up six yellows in our next 28 matches?

cmg

One of our best buys in recent memory, but the yellow cardery, I think, we'll have to accept as an occupational hazard. Through his career so far he has collected yellows at a rather more rapid rate than SteffJo (about 1 every 3.7 games against 1/4.7).
Unless, as you say, he can develop some 'subtlety', he's likely to have quite a few enforced rests.

Whitestone

It was never a yellow yesterday and that was endorsed by the Sky commentators. The ref was totally taken in by the complaining Arsenal players, in particular the petulant Gabriel Jesus, who only a few seconds earlier had got away with a blatant foul on  Mitro.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: Whitestone on August 28, 2022, 11:20:26 PM
It was never a yellow yesterday and that was endorsed by the Sky commentators. The ref was totally taken in by the complaining Arsenal players, in particular the petulant Gabriel Jesus, who only a few seconds earlier had got away with a blatant foul on  Mitro.

Agree, it was apparent that GJ's whining directly led to the card.

RaySmith

That ref was conned left, right and centre by Arsenal players and management - typical, if pathetic.

Cards given for nothing here, these days, anyway.

General

Makes you wonder why yellow cards can't be challenged by clubs when they clearly can have a big impact. If not accurately or fairly dishes out they should be rescinded, no?

Thailand Mick

It's a shame we are not in the caraboa Cup as we could of possibly have used that as the first suspension. So looking at our run of fixtures which game would it be best to lose him for. He cannot be suspended for Brighton and spurs obviously and can't see him lasting until Man City A. My thoughts are we should have enough to see off Bournemouth without him.
Chelsea H
Forest.   A
Newcastle H
West ham A
Bournemouth H
Villa H
Leeds A
Everton H
Man City A