watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, August 29, 2022, 11:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Assuming all players are fit after Saturday, when a few players took hard knocks, then I am tempted to make but one change, Mbabu for Tete in an attemt to add some attacking pace on our right flank.
                                                                                           Leno
                                                        Mbabu            Tosin                 Ream           Robinson

Reed                       Palhina
                                                                                       Periera
                                                            BDR                     Mitro                            Kebana

FFC1987

I couldn't possibly drop Tete unless he's either knackered or injured after his display saturday. Not many players would keep Fartinelli that quiet for as long as he did in those one on ones. Was quite something to see. A lot of my Arsneal mates couldn't believe how good both Robinson and Tete were.

Tabby

Likely same team starting as Saturday. Might be some earlier substitutions though.

Sting of the North

Believe it will be the same team unless someone is deemed not fit enough to start. I believe Silva wants to start with a high press and therefore Reed will likely keep his place but otherwise TC may come in. Possibly start Stansfield instead of Kebano, but also find it unlikely. Wouldn't change the back line unless needed to.

Arthur

Being at home, I wonder whether Silva will see the need to aim for something approaching 50% possession if we are to compete on footballing terms with Brighton and win the game and, thus, bring Cairney into the starting XI. In my opinion, our manager might replace any of three players: Reed, BDR or Kebano. Perreira, if needed, will play wider as he did in the latter stages against Brentford, and either BDR or Kebano will play on the left - more likely BDR (who, I think, is all too easy for an opposition full back to contain when he plays on the right).

ianthailand

Quote from: filham on August 29, 2022, 11:47:32 AM
Assuming all players are fit after Saturday, when a few players took hard knocks, then I am tempted to make but one change, Mbabu for Tete in an attemt to add some attacking pace on our right flank.
                                                                                           Leno
                                                        Mbabu            Tosin                 Ream           Robinson

Reed                       Palhina
                                                                                       Periera
                                                            BDR                     Mitro                            Kebana

Is that Copacabana (Barry Manilow) on the left wing?

Tabby

Quote from: Arthur on August 29, 2022, 12:25:52 PM
Being at home, I wonder whether Silva will see the need to aim for something approaching 50% possession if we are to compete on footballing terms with Brighton and win the game and, thus, bring Cairney into the starting XI. In my opinion, our manager might replace any of three players: Reed, BDR or Kebano. Perreira, if needed, will play wider as he did in the latter stages against Brentford, and either BDR or Kebano will play on the left - more likely BDR (who, I think, is all too easy for an opposition full back to contain when he plays on the right).

We've been a lot more commanding in games at home so far. Looked set up for smash and grabs against Arsenal and Wolves while going for the win and creating more against Liverpool and Brentford.

Expect that pattern to continue.

alfie

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 29, 2022, 11:51:02 AM
I couldn't possibly drop Tete unless he's either knackered or injured after his display saturday. Not many players would keep Fartinelli that quiet for as long as he did in those one on ones. Was quite something to see. A lot of my Arsneal mates couldn't believe how good both Robinson and Tete were.
I hope that was just a typo with Martinelli name,  if not why?, he is a fantastic player, doesn't derserve name calling.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bencher

Quote from: Arthur on August 29, 2022, 12:25:52 PM

I don't think we can expect to dominate the ball, and this game is quite similar to the Brentford game - it's going to be about pressing hard, being a bit direct and getting behind their wing backs.

I would not drop Tete, as we will need his aggressive defending to cope with Trossard, who I think is a high quality player and I'm surprised none of the bigger teams have approached Brighton to sign him.

FFC1987

Quote from: alfie on August 29, 2022, 12:36:06 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 29, 2022, 11:51:02 AM
I hope that was just a typo with Martinelli name,  if not why?, he is a fantastic player, doesn't derserve name calling.

Was intentional but its a bit of a meme online, harmless fun.

Pluto

wback

Yeah - unchanged I think.

Watching the Brighton highlights, we're going to need to:

- Stop Welbeck getting space to lay the ball off.
- Track Gross coming from deep - he's in excellent form.
- Try to push their full backs back - they like to get forward.
- Watch for runners from midfield trying to break the offside trap. Their front 6 are pretty dynamic.

They're very well coached, but continue to make more chances than they score, so there's possibly some leeway, and they aren't the most physical overall (despite Dunk at the back), so Mitro/Palinha could find some joy. They're hard to score against, but so are Arsenal and with perfect finishing we'd have had another goal or two against them. At the weekend, Leeds didn't play well, but they still had a few chances for a point or more.

A draw I think, though obviously a close win would be lovely.

bencher

Quote from: wback on August 29, 2022, 02:21:24 PM

- Watch for runners from midfield trying to break the offside trap. Their front 6 are pretty dynamic.

They're very well coached, but continue to make more chances than they score, so there's possibly some leeway, and they aren't the most physical overall (despite Dunk at the back), so Mitro/Palinha could find some joy. They're hard to score against, but so are Arsenal and with perfect finishing we'd have had another goal or two against them. At the weekend, Leeds didn't play well, but they still had a few chances for a point or more.

It will be interesting to see how we compare to 2 seasons ago. Both games against them were marked out as potential 3 points, but we couldn't do enough damage with the ball and had to accept a point.

All summer people have been waxing lyrical about Silva's attacking instincts, so let's see how he approaches this game. I don't mind if he tries to hit them on the counter, it's whether we can create chances.

FFC1987

Quote from: bencher on August 29, 2022, 02:39:40 PM
Quote from: wback on August 29, 2022, 02:21:24 PM

It will be interesting to see how we compare to 2 seasons ago. Both games against them were marked out as potential 3 points, but we couldn't do enough damage with the ball and had to accept a point.

All summer people have been waxing lyrical about Silva's attacking instincts, so let's see how he approaches this game. I don't mind if he tries to hit them on the counter, it's whether we can create chances.

I was quite vocal last time round about how one dimensional we were. We played the exact same tactics, as we did against Liverpool and were shocked when it didn't pay off. This will be a decent test for both us, and Silva about how adaptable we actually are when we're chasing games, and how we decide we can outplay them at home.

wback

Yeah - we were lucky to get those two points against them two years ago.

I suspect we'll press/have more "in their face" energy than anyone they've played so far. And obviously Parker didn't actually want to try and score any goals. But clearly they've improved too.

rebel

I'd love to see Cairney start, we miss the 'craft / creativity', given more play time.

bencher

Quote from: wback on August 29, 2022, 04:12:19 PM

Yeah - we were lucky to get those two points against them two years ago.

I suspect we'll press/have more "in their face" energy than anyone they've played so far. And obviously Parker didn't actually want to try and score any goals. But clearly they've improved too.

I rewatched the short highlights of both games from 19-20. Both teams had chances, although Brighton probably had the better of them. RLC had very good chances to score in both - Dunk cleared one off the line.

They are in a good place. They have much of the same team but function even more effectively as a unit. I expect Silva to mix it up, look to hit them on the counter at times, get some crosses into the box. As always, it's vital that we score the first goal. 

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: rebel on August 29, 2022, 06:44:20 PM
I'd love to see Cairney start, we miss the 'craft / creativity', given more play time.

I agree this might be a good game for that, with Pereira out wide. 

Or Stansfield in for Kebano. Neeskens has looked absolutely spent after 50 or 60 in each game he's played. Love him but he might bring more value as a sub at the moment.   

rebel

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on August 29, 2022, 07:13:30 PM
Quote from: rebel on August 29, 2022, 06:44:20 PM

I agree this might be a good game for that, with Pereira out wide. 

Or Stansfield in for Kebano. Neeskens has looked absolutely spent after 50 or 60 in each game he's played. Love him but he might bring more value as a sub at the moment.   

Neat post.