watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Early comparison to 18/19 and 20/21

Started by Sting of the North, August 30, 2022, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

The eye test aside, just a quick very simplified comparison to our two most recent attempts in the Premier League.

We now have 2 wins and 8 points after 5 games.

In 18/19 it took us 13 games to grab our second win and reach 8 points. We had also already managed to sack our manager.

In 20/21 it took us 10 games to grab our second win, and 12 games to reach 8 points.

I just had a quick look, so apologies if there are any mistakes.

My conclusion is that we have had a slightly better start this time around, and long may it continue.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 30, 2022, 09:40:03 PM
The eye test aside, just a quick very simplified comparison to our two most recent attempts in the Premier League.

We now have 2 wins and 8 points after 5 games.

In 18/19 it took us 13 games to grab our second win and reach 8 points. We had also already managed to sack our manager.

In 20/21 it took us 10 games to grab our second win, and 12 games to reach 8 points.

I just had a quick look, so apologies if there are any mistakes.

My conclusion is that we have had a slightly better start this time around, and long may it continue.

Amazing stuff. Just shows what can be done with a decent manager behind some of these players.  :wine: :wine: :wine:

TheCeiling

All signs show so far we're in the right path to staying. Let's not screw it up.  049:gif

Cobh Fulham Fan

there is no mistake or room for doubt here. It is definitely a better start this time with plenty of evidence to suggest its not a temporary run of luck. at least two of the games we drew could have been wins and even the game we lost could have ended in a draw.  every one of those five games were against tough opponents.   

We are staying up - especially with a strengthened squad in the time ahead.

when was the last time we were sixth in the table in week five?

Ludlow Richard

To put this start in context, this is our 16th PL season. In only two of the other 15 seasons (2002/03 where we had 10 points, and 2012/13 where we had 9 points) has our points total after 5 games been better than the 8 secured this season.

In 2003/04 and 2006/07 we also managed to get 8 points after our first five games.