watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Extra large extra time

Started by copthornemike, August 31, 2022, 10:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

copthornemike

So last night there was officially SIX minutes extra time.
Either the ref mislaid the pea in his whistle or he blew considerably later, maybe fifteen minutes after the regulation 90 minutes.
Does anyone how many ACTUAL minutes were played after the 90?
It was quite extraordinary, fortunately Brighton were unable to benefit!

Tabby

Think the clock was at 98 and a half when he blew the whistle.

We did some time wasting in fairness, but most of it was just making Brighton concede throws.

Chrismmo

According to BBC live text

"90'+9'
Full Time
Second Half ends, Fulham 2, Brighton and Hove Albion 1."

rebel

Quote from: Tabby on August 31, 2022, 10:44:18 AM

We did some time wasting in fairness, but most of it was just making Brighton concede throws.

That's about right. Brighton made good use of the 8 minutes, they couldn't get the ball.

Surlyc

It was definitely more than 8 minutes, I didn't bother to check again once the whistle finally went.

I have no idea how they got to 6 minutes injury time, let alone 8. But we retained the ball very well during this period, a welcome change.

junior white

When TC went down in injury time there was a good minute or where nothing happened before we placed the ball for the free kick.

I said to my son we will play to close on 98 mins here

I thought 6 was too many anyway, but during the 6 we did in fairness waste a bit and to be fair wa pleased to see it as we have been useless managing the game late on in previous seasons

StuinSalop

Southcoastffc

The 6 minutes - which went agonisingly long beyond that - was a fair call IMO.  6 subs, a couple of physio interventions plus VAR.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Ashington White

We made a substitution in the added time, there were also other delays to restarting play.

Carborundum

Most of it played in a very small portion of the pitch.

About eight minutes in to extra time, I reflected how advancing the kick off time to 7.30 might make little different to the time I leave the ground (which doesn't really matter) and hence arrival and drinking time at the pub (which of course does).

South Coast White

Apart from the first 10 mins or so when he let blatant fouls go unnoticed I thought he was OK. For those who didn't know, it was his 1st premier league game in charge.

junior white

Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 31, 2022, 11:16:11 AM
The 6 minutes - which went agonisingly long beyond that - was a fair call IMO.  6 subs, a couple of physio interventions plus VAR.
Apparently refs are told to add on 30 seconds per sub.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rebel on August 31, 2022, 10:56:41 AM
Quote from: Tabby on August 31, 2022, 10:44:18 AM

That's about right. Brighton made good use of the 8 minutes, they couldn't get the ball.

That's about right as my Grandfather Clock which by coincidence i had on me at the time, agrees with the 9.9 minutes.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

mrmicawbers

Just about sums up the crap refereeing, how many fouls and deserved yellow cards did he miss.Hopfully he goes back ro wherever he came from absolutely useless or deliberate

alfie

Quote from: mrmicawbers on August 31, 2022, 11:46:33 AM
Just about sums up the crap refereeing, how many fouls and deserved yellow cards did he miss.Hopfully he goes back ro wherever he came from absolutely useless or deliberate

His first Premiership game, give the guy a chance, he was probably nervous as he would be under severe scrutiny.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't