watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitros Street Value, Kebanos Cross, Battle of West London

Started by Cambridge Away, August 31, 2022, 06:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cambridge Away

Surely Mitro is worth around £80m atm? Still question marks over his consistency, but otherwise a class footballer and a real pain in the ass to play against.
Neeskens cross was superb yesterday. Jim and Sean said it was a shot. I don't think so.
Where will we come in the battle of West London? 2nd?

Carborundum

In real time, sat in the JH stand I thought it was definitely a pass, and one a super-confident Mitro was entirely expecting to receive.  Watching it on replay I now understand how fine the margins on it were.  If Kevin De Bruyne had played it, the reaction would have been "behold the master craftsman".  Neeskens was great last night and deserves the benefit of any doubt.

RaySmith

I didn't quite understand why Jim and Sean were so certain it was a shot - it looked as if it could have been a perfect pass to Mitro, to me, and was a great goal.

The own goal also came from great Fulham play, too - winning the ball, and playing it out from defence, then our players attacking with pace, and perfect interpassing, putting pressure on the Brighton defence, and forcing them into errors.

Hugh Gentry

Question marks over his consistency? 43 goals last season , 5 in 5 in the PL this season!

Cookie6262

Not that it matters but in real time and on the highlights I think it is a shot from Kebano... ended in the net either way!

Motspur Park

JimmyConway

It's definitely a shot from Kebano which lead to Mitrovic goal.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Hugh Gentry on August 31, 2022, 06:22:41 PM
Question marks over his consistency? 43 goals last season , 5 in 5 in the PL this season!
He is one of the best strikers in the world right now, but 2016-2017 and 2020-2021 were not good years for him. Not all strikers go through bad seasons. Rightly or wrongly, that would factor into any sale. Not that he is for sale

Cambridge Away

Quote from: JimmyConway on August 31, 2022, 06:38:57 PM
Just because it was drilled in low? Apart from his eyes/body-shape indicating it was an excellently weighted low cross (which appeared to delight Marco and Boa, rather than humour them), it would have to have been such an appalling scuffed kick for it to be a shot. With Neeskens form atm why would anyone presume that he would hit such an appalling shot? Do people think he was playing badly or something? Was he hitting row z all night? I can't see the logic

Grassy Noel

Coming so soon after his run and air pass against Arsenal I know where my opinion lies.

hovewhite

RaySmith

Quote from: Grassy Noel on August 31, 2022, 06:44:30 PM
Coming so soon after his run and air pass against Arsenal I know where my opinion lies.

But that was an accident, caught his ankle, running at pace, and bounced away from his shooting foot - looked worse than it was - it was such a great run, too.

junior white

As someone said above it doesnt matter, but that in my ins was 100% a shot i dont have any doubts

Fulham 442

Quote from: Cambridge Away on August 31, 2022, 06:44:29 PM
Quote from: JimmyConway on August 31, 2022, 06:38:57 PM
Just because it was drilled in low? Apart from his eyes/body-shape indicating it was an excellently weighted low cross (which appeared to delight Marco and Boa, rather than humour them), it would have to have been such an appalling scuffed kick for it to be a shot. With Neeskens form atm why would anyone presume that he would hit such an appalling shot? Do people think he was playing badly or something? Was he hitting row z all night? I can't see the logic
FWIW I didn't think it was a shot either.  I was amazed when Sean said it was "100%"!

hkfulham

Quote from: Cambridge Away on August 31, 2022, 06:00:20 PM
Surely Mitro is worth around £80m atm? Still question marks over his consistency, but otherwise a class footballer and a real pain in the ass to play against.
Neeskens cross was superb yesterday. Jim and Sean said it was a shot. I don't think so.
Where will we come in the battle of West London? 2nd?

Our entire system is built around Mitro.  I can't think of too many teams he would slot right into and be as successful without a solid pre-season/year in the championship.  He is priceless to us, but I can't see many teams bidding big dollars for him.

Jamie88

Unbelievable to me that there are fans that believe Neeskens meant that. It was an awful attempt at a shot on goal

filham

I must look at the highligts . from my seat in the JH stand it never ocured to me that it was anything other than a perfect pass.

Nero

After seeing Kebano later on miss an open goal, it was definitely a shot

filham

Oh Mitros value, if he were to leave who could we replace him with, only Harry Kane I think and how much would he cost.
Yes start thinking at £80m.

The Rock

Marco is simply using what he has in him and why not? SP didn't play this way. He had no service with SP.

Same thing happened with Zamora and Woy playing him as a target man and maybe even more so.

Credit to the player and gaffer.