more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Sign Willian - OFFICIAL

Started by Friendsoffulham, September 01, 2022, 05:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

FULHAM SIGN WILLIAN

The Club is delighted to announce the signing of Willian on a one-year deal.

A 70-cap Brazil international, the versatile attacking midfielder arrives on a free transfer following his departure from Corinthians earlier this month.

Speaking to FFCtv, Willian said: "I'm happy to be here, I'm happy to be back in the Premier League.

"Fulham is a special club, a club that wants to improve, that wants to fight for something bigger, so I'm here to help, and I cant wait to get started."

Tony Khan added: "I'm very happy that Willian has officially signed with Fulham.

"He's been impressive during his recent training sessions with our squad, and we believe that adding a player of Willian's quality and someone with his vast experience will strengthen the Club as we work to build on the strong start that we've had to this Premier League season!

"Come on Fulham!"

In just 17 senior appearances as a teenager at Corinthians, Willian had done enough to convince Shakhtar Donetsk to part with $19m to bring him to Ukraine, where he added further style to a squad already rich in Brazilian flair.

He had five-and-a-half incredibly prosperous years in Donetsk, winning the Premier League four times, the Cup three times, and the UEFA Cup once, a period in which he scored 37 goals and assisted 63 more in 221 appearances, while he was also named the league's best player in 2011.

In January 2013, Willian joined the ambitious, yet short-lived, project that was unfolding in Russia with Anzhi Makhachkala, but moved to Chelsea later that year – the two deals totalling more than £60m.

He won every domestic trophy going during his time in SW6.

A Premier League winner in 2015 and 2017, Willian also won the FA Cup and League Cup, while tasting success in Europe once again as the Blues defeated Arsenal 4-1 in the 2019 Europa League Final.

He departed the club after seven years, having won player of the year, goal of the season, and players' player of the year, registering 63 goals and 62 assists in his 339 appearances.

Willian stayed in London for a further year, racking up eight goal involvements for Arsenal in a season in which they reached the Europa League Semi-Finals, before returning to first club Corinthians last summer.

Since making his debut for Brazil in 2011, Willian has represented his country on 70 occasions, scoring nine times. He competed at the 2014 and 2018 World Cups, and featured four times in their 2019 Copa America triumph.

[img width=450https://images.webapi.fulhamfc.com/fit-in/1400x1400/df2aa370-2a05-11ed-95b1-c9cbdbfc9953.jpg[/img]

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/september/01/fulham-sign-willian/

HV71

Lighthouse

Well we can look at this two ways. He didn't need to be signed as he was a non contract player. So are we now floundering to find better players to bolster the squad/

Or he has been so impressive that Silva was more than happy to sanction the signing early.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Nero

Willian signed for nothing - got to love a bit of the Smiths

General

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 01, 2022, 05:16:10 PM
Well we can look at this two ways. He didn't need to be signed as he was a non contract player. So are we now floundering to find better players to bolster the squad/

Or he has been so impressive that Silva was more than happy to sanction the signing early.

I trust silva and the club on this one as he's been training with the players for a couple of weeks and andreas has said stuff about him too.

copthornemike

Positives
No transfer fee.
Has trained with team apparently so Silva will have had a good opportunity to evaluate him individually and his team interaction, very important.
Previous Premiership experience
Negatives
Two clubs in a row have released him on a free.
I assume agents fees will be significant
Overall - appears to be a low risk signing which adds depth to the squad. Will be interesting to see if he still has pace.

mancwhite

Can't wait to see how this works out - he deserves a chance but speak to any Arsenal Fan and their view is that  he was completely useless. If he doesn't work out it will  be really disappointing that he has taken the place on the bench of one of our promising youngsters. I'm still angry that O Riley never got a fair chance with us
Your just too good to be true Fulham

Carborundum

Quote from: Nero on September 01, 2022, 05:17:45 PM
Willian signed for nothing - got to love a bit of the Smiths
Now that is a new signing pun to be proud of.

DadCreature

He was solid in his last time in the Prem.  That's all we need here- solid.  And he is good on free kicks and pks.

mancwhite

He was in the Prem with Arsenal - definitely not solid there
Your just too good to be true Fulham

alfie

Quote from: mancwhite on September 01, 2022, 05:32:09 PM
Can't wait to see how this works out - he deserves a chance but speak to any Arsenal Fan and their view is that  he was completely useless. If he doesn't work out it will  be really disappointing that he has taken the place on the bench of one of our promising youngsters. I'm still angry that O Riley never got a fair chance with us
Same Arsenal fans that were moaning about Jesus signing.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Deeping_white

Quote from: mancwhite on September 01, 2022, 05:32:09 PM

We have no youngsters who are ready to play in the first team as a winger so currently he doesn't block anyones path into the first team. Stansfield has played there out of position when we've had no depth. This gives us a year to see if Sekulurac is good enough to make it in the first team and when Wilson/Solomon are fit he'll warm the bench and give us some depth which with 9 subs is what we need now

shepperton white

Just out of interest, what year did he sign for Shaktar Donesk.  Was it before or after we dumped the out of the Europa Cup?

Tabby

Quote from: shepperton white on September 01, 2022, 06:28:43 PM
Just out of interest, what year did he sign for Shaktar Donesk.  Was it before or after we dumped the out of the Europa Cup?

He was playing against us and started both legs.

H4usuallysitting

Pluto

Experienced professional with a good attitude and Silva has already had a decent look at him. Happy with the signing.

FFCAli

At CC he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch.  But that was a long time ago.  I hope he's still at that level.

davew

I think he will be a far better signing than a lot of our others the last few years e.g. Cav and Knocks, the other names I will leave out as they are still playing in our 1st 11 and doing well. Sure he will make a major contribution in some of our games! Welcome Willian!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Jims Dentist

Welcome, providing you're not on too higher wage.

cottage expat

Quote from: Pluto on September 01, 2022, 07:14:19 PM
Experienced professional with a good attitude and Silva has already had a decent look at him. Happy with the signing.

+1