News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many changes will Marco make to the starting 11 next week?

Started by davew, September 03, 2022, 06:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Even though we have made a better start to the season than most of us would have imagined, I think that Marco has to put out our best 11 players at the start which might mean 4 to 6 changes. Might seem unfair to our loyal players who helped us get promotion but in my view essential if we are going to mount any challenge to that other team from down the road.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Definitely not 4-6. More like 1-3 at the most. Until Wilson is back I think Dan James for Kebano or BDR would be my only change, barring fatigue issues.

Lighthouse

Unlucky today with the early injury. But I am not sure we can say that any of the players that came in on deadline are better than those that have played since the beginning. Why should James be named over those starting? Was James so much better when he came on?

Be nice to actually start playing sides that are going to be our biggest threats. But we keep playing the very best and are very close to them. There may be a change through injury but form wise I see maybe one more if that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

davew

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on September 03, 2022, 06:51:19 PM
Definitely not 4-6. More like 1-3 at the most. Until Wilson is back I think Dan James for Kebano or BDR would be my only change, barring fatigue issues.
Robinson will probably be out so that could be 1 change required, James and Willian to start which makes 3 and TC maybe to start, predicting 6 changes might be over the top but at least it gives most of the new guys playing time in a game we are hardly likely to win.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 03, 2022, 06:57:55 PM
Unlucky today with the early injury. But I am not sure we can say that any of the players that came in on deadline are better than those that have played since the beginning. Why should James be named over those starting? Was James so much better when he came on?

Be nice to actually start playing sides that are going to be our biggest threats. But we keep playing the very best and are very close to them. There may be a change through injury but form wise I see maybe one more if that.

I felt like James put some nice balls in, we didn't see much of his pace though. Did more than BDR today.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Both BDR and Kebano have been solid and I'd have no real problem if they both keep their places. But James' speed gives us another dimension over the top, and as I've said in the past I really like the idea of Kebano off the bench against tired opposition. I think he looks a better 30minute player than 70minute one these days.

That's my only change and it's more a matter of preference. Been thrilled with this 11 so far.

davew

Were they any better, probably not, but potentially they might be. BDR and Kebano (bless them) would probably not feature in the starting 11 of any other PL side. I like both of them but PL standard, no not quite!

SuffolkWhite

I think it better to let the feller who gets paid to do the job to decide, in Silva I trust!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Tabby

Maybe James starts. Kurzawa will likely start if Robinson is injured.

Don't think anything else will change.

Matt10

I think James and Willian to replace BDR and Kebano, then Kurzawa of course to relieve Jedi. Would like to see James more, and of course Willian in a spot where he doesn't have to protect a right-footed leftback.

Classic94

2 changes for me if AR is out:

Leno
Kurzawa, Ream, Tosin, Tete
Palhinha, Reed
James, Andreas, BDR
Mitrovic

The 1 week break before the next game will help too.

davew

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on September 03, 2022, 07:05:46 PM
I think it better to let the feller who gets paid to do the job to decide, in Silva I trust!
It probably is, but as fans talking on a forum we can offer opinions otherwise why have a forum.  049:gif

Tempest

Not sure how many changes but we absolutely need to target their keeper. Need a few early heavy challenges, even a booking or two if necessary but he is certainly their weak link.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

bill taylors apprentice

No need for too many changes, LB if Robinson is out and James in for BDR on the RW.

As much as I would like to see Cairney start I believe Pereria will continue and Reeds busy style will ensure he starts as well.

So 2 changes.

ffc73

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 03, 2022, 07:54:41 PM
No need for too many changes, LB if Robinson is out and James in for BDR on the RW.

As much as I would like to see Cairney start I believe Pereria will continue and Reeds busy style will ensure he starts as well.

So 2 changes.

This. For me, BDR does not offer pace &/or provide a cross (although to be fair, crossing was poor for most of the game from everybody today). Saw James for the first time today and would like to see him start next week to offer something more in attacking third.

Wolf

Hope Kurzawa has the fitness to start if Robinson is out. That was painful watching Mbabu play on his wrong side. What alternatives do we have at LB?
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Twig

Two changes for me (assuming Robinson can start). Rest Periera and start TC and drop Reid to the bench for James. Willian did nothing to persuade me he should start.

filham

Surprised to see so many new players used today, I thought Silva would want to bed them in in training for at least a week.
However there are now options in a few positions and we can possibly expect to see Cairney in place of Periera, James in place of BDR, and the new left back in place of the injured Robinson.

No need for wholesale changes, just a need to add a spark into attack that will assist the magnificent Mitro.

Tabby

Quote from: Blawarmy on September 03, 2022, 10:01:42 PM
Any news on Robinson?

From the post match press conference:

Silva is yet to see the extent of Antonee Robinson's injury, but is hoping it's nothing too damaging.

"We'll have to wait until tomorrow to see, and then day by day to see how he is. Let's hope that it's nothing serious and let's hope he can be ready for next week, but now is too soon to talk about it."