https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Diego Costa Work Permit Rejected

Started by fulhamfever, September 06, 2022, 11:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palhinha Colada

Quote from: rebel on September 06, 2022, 04:15:30 PM
Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on September 06, 2022, 03:56:33 PM
Is that in itself weird - one case has an appeal, while another case is denied one?

Apparently Kluviert didn't get enough points to Appeal. Just ridiculous.

The Kluivert situation could have been easily remedied in one of two ways: 1) the deal was consummated before the new season started, so his "current club" was Nice, not Roma; or 2) Roma put him on their bench for one match this season.

Whatever guidance Fulham received about getting an exception could have been rendered moot by either of the above, so IMO both clubs are very much to blame for this. The points/rules are very clear, and he didn't have enough to qualify for a permit.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Palhinha Colada on September 06, 2022, 10:26:48 PM
Is that in itself weird - one case has an appeal, while another case is denied one?

The Kluivert situation could have been easily remedied in one of two ways: 1) the deal was consummated before the new season started, so his "current club" was Nice, not Roma; or 2) Roma put him on their bench for one match this season.

Whatever guidance Fulham received about getting an exception could have been rendered moot by either of the above, so IMO both clubs are very much to blame for this. The points/rules are very clear, and he didn't have enough to qualify for a permit.

We didn't need him back then as Solomon was fit. Also I think he's been injured recently, hence the alledged letter from Roma.

Somerset Fulham

Hindsight is also an amazing thing as we all know.

Nobody, anywhere mentioned the potential for trouble until it was too late.

Palhinha Colada

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 06, 2022, 10:31:22 PM

We didn't need him back then as Solomon was fit. Also I think he's been injured recently, hence the alledged letter from Roma.

He was injured initially and then held out of the team because they were looking to move him.

Either way, both teams seem to have missed a simple solution, choosing instead to hope for an exception that wasn't granted.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Palhinha Colada on September 06, 2022, 10:33:25 PM

He was injured initially and then held out of the team because they were looking to move him.

Either way, both teams seem to have missed a simple solution, choosing instead to hope for an exception that wasn't granted.

Don't see why we're to blame.

Palhinha Colada

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 06, 2022, 10:47:03 PM
Quote from: Palhinha Colada on September 06, 2022, 10:33:25 PM

Don't see why we're to blame.

Because once it was announced he was denied, it was pretty easy to figure out why. So the club either got really bad advice and assumed they'd be allowed to skirt the rules or failed to speak with Roma in the weeks leading up to the permit decision to ensure he'd make the bench so he'd qualify. Roma should have realized this, as well. We asked for a note to explain his absence, so clearly it was a known issue by the end.

Anyway, water under the bridge now.

Texas White

So will Wolves be fined for an illegal player?

Marcel_Gecov

Exclusive: Wolves appeal for Diego Costa's work permit/appeal has been accepted. Diego will fly to England later tonight to discuss final details of the free transfer. 🚨🟠 #WWFC

Medical tests have been scheduled and it will be a key step to proceed — one year contract ready.

WTAF

Twig

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 07, 2022, 04:23:08 PM
Exclusive: Wolves appeal for Diego Costa's work permit/appeal has been accepted. Diego will fly to England later tonight to discuss final details of the free transfer. 🚨🟠 #WWFC

Medical tests have been scheduled and it will be a key step to proceed — one year contract ready.

WTAF

I'm confused, I thought we were told that with the Klyuivert decision there was no right of appeal?

Wingnut

#

WTAF

Where did you read this? Last I heard they were going after Andy Carroll.

Edit: On Sky sports news now.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Wingnut on September 07, 2022, 04:30:15 PM
#

WTAF

Where did you read this? Last I heard they were going after Andy Carroll.

Fabrizio Romano

rebel

Quote from: Twig on September 07, 2022, 04:29:12 PM

WTAF

I'm confused, I thought we were told that with the Klyuivert decision there was no right of appeal?

Bassey the warrior

This makes no sense at all and if he signs for them we should appeal as it's unfair. There's absolutely no justification for him signing and Kluivert being rejected.

fulhamfever

Diego Costa has actually worked in the UK before so he has a slight advantage over JK

Marcel_Gecov

Now on Sky Sports. I appreciate theres rules but it needs to be communicated clearer to us fans via a media source etc... easy to feel hard done by

Deeping_white

Quote from: fulhamfever on September 07, 2022, 04:45:05 PM
Diego Costa has actually worked in the UK before so he has a slight advantage over JK

It's completely irrelevant - the points system is based on a specific time period and nothing more.

Blawarmy

We need to appeal this. Something stinks

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

rebel

I posted a link on the Kluivert thread that explains why he didn't get enough points. But it's stupid, sounds like the FA 'Dancing on a pinhead'.

bencher

I've no idea if it would have helped, but Justin Kluivert presumably lived in the UK for a year while his Dad played for Newcastle. He scored one at the Cottage it seems:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3DVwISs9jg&ab_channel=SkySportsPremierLeague