more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Diego Costa Work Permit Rejected

Started by fulhamfever, September 06, 2022, 11:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamfever

Bassey the warrior

Gotta feel for Wolves, their new striker is out for the season after one game.

Marcel_Gecov

Id be fuming if after the Kluivert decision they overturn it. On the face of it I dont see much of a difference, or am I wrong?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 06, 2022, 11:37:17 AM
Id be fuming if after the Kluivert decision they overturn it. On the face of it I dont see much of a difference, or am I wrong?

It would be far worse as he hasn't played since January.

Holders

"Let all of the evils that lurk in the mud hatch out" - Robert Graves.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Somerset Fulham

Well that helps us out, Wolves look pretty toothless at the moment.

WhiteJC

hasn't Kurzawa only played 9 minutes last season? how come his permit was approved?

rebel

Quote from: whitejc on September 06, 2022, 12:32:49 PM
hasn't Kurzawa only played 9 minutes last season? how come his permit was approved?

It's pathetic, as pointed out on another thread. Doesn't make any sense. The FA couldn't run Jumble Sale.

Sting of the North

Quote from: rebel on September 06, 2022, 12:40:11 PM

It's pathetic, as pointed out on another thread. Doesn't make any sense. The FA couldn't run Jumble Sale.

I agree it doesn't make sense, but if you look at the rules it is quite clear why Kurzawa was approved and Kluivert wasn't. Unfortunately we ended up there because the rules have been drafted with a severe lack of after thought and competence. Couple this with the FA's refusal to use the subjective paragraphs even though they clearly should have been applied in Kluiverts case further adds to the enormous incompetence involved.

Why Costa wasn't approved I don't know, but I suspect playing in Brazil won't score you too many points, and he is also no longer in the National team, nor is he young and promising.

rebel

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 06, 2022, 12:53:57 PM
Quote from: rebel on September 06, 2022, 12:40:11 PM

I agree it doesn't make sense, but if you look at the rules it is quite clear why Kurzawa was approved and Kluivert wasn't. Unfortunately we ended up there because the rules have been drafted with a severe lack of after thought and competence. Couple this with the FA's refusal to use the subjective paragraphs even though they clearly should have been applied in Kluiverts case further adds to the enormous incompetence involved.

Why Costa wasn't approved I don't know, but I suspect playing in Brazil won't score you too many points, and he is also no longer in the National team, nor is he young and promising.

Neat post. Surely all scenarios should of been considered. Also lack of Appeal is ridiculous, stupid on another level.

Somerset Fulham

I agree there Rebel. Not being able to appeal is absolutely ludicrous.

Marcus

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 06, 2022, 11:54:41 AM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 06, 2022, 11:37:17 AM

It would be far worse as he hasn't played since January.

absolutely, surely Fulham would have something to say about that....

fulhamfever

Considering he has worked in this country before for Chelsea

Bassey the warrior

I think it was because he played for his parent club, whereas Kluivert only played on loan. Makes no sense.

rebel

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 06, 2022, 02:02:20 PM

I think it was because he played for his parent club, whereas Kluivert only played on loan. Makes no sense.

The thing is that, Kluivert, couldn't do anything to effect his situation (he wasn't picked to play by the manager), all he could do was go out on loan. He did and is being punished for it.   

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: rebel on September 06, 2022, 02:30:59 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 06, 2022, 02:02:20 PM

The thing is that, Kluivert, couldn't do anything to effect his situation (he wasn't picked to play by the manager), all he could do was go out on loan. He did and is being punished for it.   

Yep.

Art Vandelay

Looks like Wolves can appeal?

Wolves expect a decision in the next 48 hours on Diego Costa's work permit after his application did not qualify due to a lack of international appearances.

Costa's work permit has not been rejected, but his application will go to a panel to decide whether it will be granted. The 33-year-old is still expected to arrive in England on Tuesday evening.

Wolves had hoped to sign Costa in time for Saturday's game at Liverpool after summer-signing Sasa Kalajdzic was ruled out by an ACL injury suffered during their win over Southampton last weekend.

Cobh Fulham Fan

Is that in itself weird - one case has an appeal, while another case is denied one?

rebel

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on September 06, 2022, 03:56:33 PM
Is that in itself weird - one case has an appeal, while another case is denied one?

Apparently Kluviert didn't get enough points to Appeal. Just ridiculous.