watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chelsea SW6 Derby - Team/Score Prediction Thread

Started by love4ffc, September 06, 2022, 08:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Next up, an early day at the Cottage against Chelsea FC with a 12:30 kickoff time. 

Chelsea currently sits in sixth with only two points separating them from Fulham.  It's early days but Chelsea have had mixed results in their opening fixtures with teams like Leeds and Southampton beating them.  The wins Chelsea have gotten against teams like Everton, Leicester and West Ham have not been overly dominating performances.  Tuchel has said that they are in a rebuilding period. 

Fulham on the other hand currently seem to be plagued by injuries with Robinson getting the latest knock at Spurs.  It will be interesting to see who MS starts on Saturday in the left-back position.  With Joe out on loan I could see one of two things happening.  Mbabu playing again at left-back, as he did for the remainder of the spurs match, or the introduction of Layvin Kurzawa being given his first start of the season.  I would lean towards giving Kurzawa the nod as he is an actual left-back. 

At any rate, with how MS has the team playing I see no reason to fear Chelsea, nor do I see a reason why Fulham couldn't get a good result.  I'm going for 2-1 to Fulham.  I see no reason to change the starting lineup except for Robinson being replaced by Kurzawa.  With that said I would like to see Daniel James being introduced early on as I think he really could be a good player this season. 

What is your starting XI and your score prediction?

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Somerset Fulham

I think for the first time in a very long time we have a genuine chance here.  2-0 us.

rebel

Fulham 3 - 1 Chelsea, we need to break quickly, slow build up will play into their hands, defend like we did against Liverpool, don't give away cheap goals.

Rupert

I am in with this unusually optimistic outlook, and would go for a 2-0 massacre of the squatters.

You do all realise this almost certainly means we are doomed as a result.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

The Rock

1-1 and we should have won as the better side if it weren't for a "scandalous" soft tackle the ref missed 4 minutes before our winner when Palhinhia stepped on Pulisic's left show lace that was a wee bit untied, obviously on purpose to ensure a draw.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: The Rock on September 06, 2022, 08:40:22 PM
1-1 and we should have won as the better side if it weren't for a "scandalous" soft tackle the ref missed 4 minutes before our winner when Palhinhia stepped on Pulisic's left show lace that was a wee bit untied, obviously on purpose to ensure a draw.

Inevitable

Sgt Fulham

2-1 Fulham. Great time to play Chelsea right now, but it will still be a tough fought game.

Wingnut

I think it's a great time to play them. 2-1.

Edit: Not so sure now. Might see a very different, and dangerous Chelsea, now that Tuchel has been sacked.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

ChesterTheTabby

Head 1-2 Chelsea, lose at the death
Heart 2-1 Fulham, win at the death
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Woolly Mammoth

What goes round comes round 3 1 Fulham, and this is neither from my heart nor my head, more my faith in our manager and the players that take the field of play.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

..FOF..

We are unbeatable at home.

Leno still chasing that clean sheet and we can see his improvement week after week.

2-0 to Fulham.

flyingfish

admire everyone's optimism, but don;t see us getting anything. 0-2

Cobh Fulham Fan

This is where my Head and Heart Rhyme - it will be another score-line of 2-1.  this time to us!  :wine:

Chesh

I remember seeing our line up ahead of the 1-0 win that year and thinking we were going to get tonked, but we wanted it more and came through. All depends what Chelsea turn up, but optimistic we can get something, 2-2 I reckon
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

filham

Great to see all the positive posts and yes a win is possible but I have seen us fail against Chelse so many times that I am conditioned and afraid to be optimistic, I say 0-2 to Chelsea.

Agree with the team shown in th op  but would add Cairney and James as early impact subs.

So hope I am wrong with the prediction. A Fulham win would be the result of the season so far and give our confidence a tremendous boost.

Thailand Mick

I think the most important issue in this game is keeping sterling quiet so a big afternoon for Tete. If we can perform at the same level as the Liverpool game I'm confident we can get a result. The last couple of years we've started to put a few ghosts to bed ie Everton (away) Brentford (home) so let's hope we can do the same to Chelsea. So to keep my run going 1-0 win and pray Palhina doesn't get booked.

Twig

I think we could definitely get something out of this. My only slight worry is who hits the net if Mitro were to suffer a blank day? Nevertheless Fulham to nick it 1-0.