watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chelsea - Right time?

Started by ChesterTheTabby, September 07, 2022, 03:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Anyone else getting the vibe that this is the right time to play a defeatist Chelsea? Doesn't seem to be going too well for them, and let's be honest, VAR SAVED them against West Ham. Maybe this is our game to get one over on them?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Woolly Mammoth

It is well overdue and about time that we turn them over big time and send them scampering back home with a flee in their ears and their tails between their legs pointless.
We are capable on the day, and the harder we work the luckier we will get. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fancyfeet4

Overall yes.  That said Tuchel called out the players after the game today and that usually means the team responds.  If there is any spirit in that team, they will play with more intensity and that means a very tough game.  I dont think we will catch them napping on the day like Leeds did. 

I expect a very tight game.  I see 1-1 or 2-2.

Getting a point would be massive considering when you look at the end of the season we will probably have faced 5 of the 8 best teams in the league through the first 7 games. 

Sting of the North

Quote from: fancyfeet4 on September 07, 2022, 04:21:51 AM
Overall yes.  That said Tuchel called out the players after the game today and that usually means the team responds.  If there is any spirit in that team, they will play with more intensity and that means a very tough game.  I dont think we will catch them napping on the day like Leeds did. 

I expect a very tight game.  I see 1-1 or 2-2.

Getting a point would be massive considering when you look at the end of the season we will probably have faced 5 of the 8 best teams in the league through the first 7 games.

Just to point out that Tuchel has already had to call them out several times this season. Something's wrong within their group at the moment, so let's be a thorn in their side and add to their current misery.

Tabby

Chelsea players have a tendency to turn on the manager, might have happened again.

Tempest

Actually a little uncomfortable, radio media talking Fulham up for this game. It's a tough tough game but I guess it depends whether they have John Terry running VAR like they did last week.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

ffc73

Last time I thought that was 1982/83 when we clearly had the better side.

We drew twice & you could conjecture that the points we dropped against them cost us promotion to the top tier & saved them from being relegated to the third tier.

All I know is we play them on Saturday & we are well overdue a win against them but their poor form or not, us winning is never a given

hovewhite

This could be the best time to play Chelsea in years as new defence a unsettling time at the top players don't seem to be in tune with tuchel.this could be our time .coyw

Cobh Fulham Fan

I have that feeling too - its our time to turn them over.   Wont be easy but doable and very likely.   I feel it in my water! 049:gif

FFCBadger

Probably is the right time if we can get an early goal.
Their centre back pairing looks a bit suss and the tactics by DZ exploited that really well.

If we defend well as a team there are points available and with Pahlinha in the middle now......well!

S.F.Sorrow

It will be a tough game. Their defeat in Zagreb means nothing. That's one of the toughest, most intimidating away games in Europe. Better teams than Chelsea have struggled there.

They've had mixed results so far this season but I will be surprised if they don't finish top6.

Right time? No, I don't think so. Unless they've got serious issues within the squad I expect to see a response from their players. We can still beat them of course but it will be a very tough game.

filham

Not a good time, a no manager bounce can be as effective as a new manager bounce.

copthornemike

Not a good time, sacking after a defeat and disappointing performance at the Cottage would have been the right time.
Whilst we are at it:
HANDS OFF SILVA

bog

Not a good time. I have a feeling the squad were not happy with him. Now he has gone they will want to show what they can do for the next boss, whoever he is.