News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It’s going to another busy summer next year…

Started by dfwilson84, September 07, 2022, 01:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfwilson84

Just had a look the contract list and no matter what happens, it's going to be a busy summer next season as well -

Out of contract:
Gazziniga
Bryan
Sessegnon
Ream
Chalobah
Onomah
Knockaert
Jasper
Kebano
Willian

(Not sure if we will trigger 1 year extensions or offer new deals to any on the that list.)

Loan ends:
Duffy
Kurzawa
Solomon
James

I suspect we will only bid to make these permanent if we stay up and they play well.

Tempest

I suspect we'll lose Mitrovic to a CL team next season plus if P&P play consistently well they could well be off too.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Fulham 442

I can't see us wanting to keep any of the out of contract players further tbh...

love4ffc

Personally, I hope Jasper and Stansfield have successful loans and come back ready for the step up to next season.  I would say the same for Francois or any of the other academy players.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Tabby

Quote from: Tempest on September 07, 2022, 02:10:24 PM
I suspect we'll lose Mitrovic to a CL team next season plus if P&P play consistently well they could well be off too.

Doubt they'd be off unless we go down or get silly fees.

Overall the contract situation doesn't seem too bad. Among the loans, we have an option on James, Solomon is out of contract 6 months after the loan ends and Kurzawa would likely be fairly cheap. Duffy seems like a stopgap.

When it comes to the players running out of contract I think it is more down to if we still want them next season rather than that they might leave for bigger teams. We have Stansfield that I'd say was ready to be a Kebano replacement, but might convince Silva with a good season at Exeter under his belt.

Assuming we don't go down we should be in a fairly strong position come next summer.

Somerset Fulham

We are looking to offer new contracts to Tosin and BDR according to a man on the internet.

1567501806112067585[/tweet]][/url]

WindyCity

First things first....let's just stay in the frickin' league......

:003:

Sting of the North

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 07, 2022, 02:56:16 PM
We are looking to offer new contracts to Tosin and BDR according to a man on the internet.

Well, if a man on the internet said it, it must be so.  :003:

But seriously, it makes a lot of sense in both cases so no surprise if true.

Jim©

Quote from: Tabby on September 07, 2022, 02:47:54 PM

Overall the contract situation doesn't seem too bad. Among the loans, we have an option on James, Solomon is out of contract 6 months after the loan ends and Kurzawa would likely be fairly cheap. Duffy seems like a stopgap.

When it comes to the players running out of contract I think it is more down to if we still want them next season rather than that they might leave for bigger teams. We have Stansfield that I'd say was ready to be a Kebano replacement, but might convince Silva with a good season at Exeter under his belt.

Assuming we don't go down we should be in a fairly strong position come next summer.

I've not seen anywhere that we have an option on James?

Sting of the North

From that list it seems we are in a good place for next season. Would think we wouldn't want to keep any, except maybe a 1 year contract for Kebano and/or Ream depending on what happens this season. And then James (rumoured to have an option) and Solomon (also some rumours of some kind of agreement).

Also, only 8 of those are even in our current PL squad.

fulhamfan

Tabby

Quote from: Jim© on September 07, 2022, 04:37:41 PM
Quote from: Tabby on September 07, 2022, 02:47:54 PM

I've not seen anywhere that we have an option on James?

Reported by Phil Hay who Leeds fans swear by that we have an option to make it permanent. No obligation however.

MickTheBeard

Im sure tony would like to give cairney a 12 year option karbano a 10 year option, and as it was his signings diop the non heading centre half arise and the swiss ful back who tony has been after for 4years a bigger and longer contract to cover left back and right back which he is not good enough.Cant you see brighton and Brentford find young and unknown players we find not so good players on tonys computer and loose our best younsters because he hasn't a clue and contracts to other youngsters who struggle to make the grade because he isn't a full time buddy take a look at brighton and shall i say it liverpool they have done their homwork on us.Sonny hilton comes on as sub nearly 22.Jasper watched him for yearsnext  birthday21,needs to grow a pair,stanfield not a number9 more of no10 good footballer needs a position not the best of engines not the most physical of players he might not come back from exeter .We need to find players for the future not failed players from other clubs for us to survive.

Pluto

Ream - 1 year extension if he keeps up his current level and he wants it
Kebano - 1 year extension if he keeps up his current level
Willian - 1 year extension if he proves he can contribute

Release the rest

Not sold on any of the loanees but let's see how they do.

FreiBird

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

lol no

Thailand Mick

I believe we have three players that could play in a top six side Mitro, Palhina and Leno when we stay up I would like to see us next season add another four, two center halves and two front players to support Mitro. We need to show these players we are serious about trying to gatecrash the big 6. I don't believe next season we need to sign many players just quality players.

Woolly Mammoth

We stay up which i am confident we can injuries and VAR and referees decisions permitting.
That will help us gain stability rather than going up and down like a lift, which is basically one step forward and two steps back.
We can build on survival by reinforcing positions around the key players we have, carrying out the correct surgery and putting meat on the bones, a strong spine is crucial and we are getting there.
One main concern is that you never know what's round the corner, with clubs like Chelsea sacking their manager and then sniffing round Marco to tempt him away.
The key is to stay in the Premier League this season, that is crucial as next time we may not be so lucky bouncing back.
Staying up is the key to sustainability.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

We Are Premier League

think we will need about half as many signings as this season, maybe 6?

2 CB's (Replace Duffy and Ream)
LB (Replace LB on loan)
CM (currently a gap in the squad)
Winger (replace or sign James/Willian)
Forward (replace loan player with sub for Mitro)

Main issue could be to hold on to the best players...

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 07, 2022, 04:34:20 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 07, 2022, 02:56:16 PM

Well, if a man on the internet said it, it must be so.  :003:

But seriously, it makes a lot of sense in both cases so no surprise if true.

Also hope that they are working on Robinson, think its expiring in 2024 so we would like that one sorted before the summer.

Sting of the North

Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 08, 2022, 03:27:41 PM
think we will need about half as many signings as this season, maybe 6?

2 CB's (Replace Duffy and Ream)
LB (Replace LB on loan)
CM (currently a gap in the squad)
Winger (replace or sign James/Willian)
Forward (replace loan player with sub for Mitro)

Main issue could be to hold on to the best players...

I largely agree. Vinicious is a permanent contract however, so he doesn't need replacement. Between him, Stansfield and Muniz I believe we won't need any additional forwards. We may need to replace Rodak however as I would be surpirsed if he wanted to stay.

As a priority if we survive and want to kick on, I see that we need a midfielder as an upgrade on Reed and a central defender (starter if Diop doesn't work out, otherwise squad player). Next step is likely to see whether Solomon work out, but with Kebano's and Willian's expiring contracts we should look to find at least one high quality winger.

As said before, I believe we will be in a very good place next summer.