watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR England Squad

Started by Tempest, September 15, 2022, 05:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

Sorry, to represent England you need to earn your place.

Few of those players should be no where near the squad.

If you can't fight for your place at club level and get back into the first team you're the wrong mentality and/or not good enough, therefore not suitable for the England team.

But apparently not

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Lighthouse

Well the International game has become a farce. However it has been many years since I have cared about England and Internationals. Too many pointless games. A World Cup in a Country that kills people and attack minorities and allows the workers who build the stadiums to die while the England players kneel for a cause that doesn't include the minorities where they will play the finals.

I no longer know which players or which club they play for will turn up in an England shirt. I don't care. These people don't represent me or the game I love.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Cumbrian White

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 15, 2022, 06:04:46 PM
Well the International game has become a farce. However it has been many years since I have cared about England and Internationals. Too many pointless games. A World Cup in a Country that kills people and attack minorities and allows the workers who build the stadiums to die while the England players kneel for a cause that doesn't include the minorities where they will play the finals.

I no longer know which players or which club they play for will turn up in an England shirt. I don't care. These people don't represent me or the game I love.
International football used to be a big thing for me but as exciting as our team could be, it just isn't, always felt there was a place for internationals but genuinely can't remember when I last watched a full 90 minute game involving England, I want to, I'd love to be able to support this team but whether its the manager, players, I'm not sure but just can't get behind them.

Make the managers job part time, centralise the tournament (and Olympics) to one venue and split the revenue equally among all nations in FIFA, equally, make the kit the colours of our flag, sack Southgate unless he (and all future managers) select players currently STARTING for their club side.

Bassey the warrior

I have much respect for Southgate as a leader and as a human being, but increasingly frustrated at his decisions and tactics. I would've loved Potter to take over.

Healey Chapman

Southgate is a woke joke and a hypocrite. The way he talked when BLM were desecrating out war memorials you would think he would never set foot in a country like Quatar.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Healey Chapman on September 15, 2022, 06:46:44 PM
Southgate is a woke joke and a hypocrite. The way he talked when BLM were desecrating out war memorials you would think he would never set foot in a country like Quatar.

What are you on about

Pluto

Shaw, Maguire and Phillips have barely played. Ridiculous to include them. No idea how Coady keeps making the squad either.

Sessegnon and Targett have been miles better at left back than Shaw. But again overlooked. Maddison frozen out too. He will seemingly never get a chance. Grealish ahead of Sancho is also baffling.

I have no confidence in Southgate anyway. He made a royal mess of our chances in the Euros final. Unfortunately I think of of the best generations of footballers we've had in a long time will go to waste with him at the helm.

Healey Chapman

Quote from: simplyfulham on September 15, 2022, 07:00:37 PM

What are you on about
Hes a woke joke and hes a hypocrite. Which part of those two simplistic facts do you not understand ?

Somerset Fulham

I thought the schools had gone back, I must be mistaken.

Anyway, its good squad but I am surprised that Sancho isn't in.  I am not one who jumps at every England thread to tell everybody how much they don't watch England etc, but I must admit with the World Cup around the corner I am struggling to get excited about this, even though its against great opposition.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 15, 2022, 07:50:22 PM

They access the news from their phones under the desk nowadays. Though, given that this guy is still sore over BLM it is most likely he is brainwashed by an old tabloid, rather than something like Tik Tok

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Cambridge Away on September 15, 2022, 07:56:55 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 15, 2022, 07:50:22 PM

They access the news from their phones under the desk nowadays. Though, given that this guy is still sore over BLM it is most likely he is brainwashed by an old tabloid, rather than something like Tik Tok

064.gif 064.gif

FFC1987

Quote from: Healey Chapman on September 15, 2022, 07:32:09 PM

What are you on about
Hes a woke joke and hes a hypocrite. Which part of those two simplistic facts do you not understand ?

Probably the use of the word 'facts' to be honest.

Twig

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 15, 2022, 08:09:29 PM
Quote from: Healey Chapman on September 15, 2022, 07:32:09 PM

What are you on about

Probably the use of the word 'facts' to be honest.

Always wary of anyone who asserts that their post on here is the "facts".  When it's almost always just an opinion.

Somerset Fulham

Or when one uses the term 'woke' as an insult.

*sigh*

Lester Burnham

Club and Country. ''Twas ever thus"

Lester Burnham

Pope
Walker Stones McGuire Shaw
Bellingham Rice Phillips
Saka Kane Foden

_Putney_

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 15, 2022, 08:53:55 PM
Or when one uses the term 'woke' as an insult.

*sigh*

Nah, sorry pal, you've got this one wrong. 

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Lester Burnham on September 15, 2022, 09:24:21 PM
Pope
Walker Stones McGuire Shaw
Bellingham Rice Phillips
Saka Kane Foden

Like the idea, but McGuire, Shaw and Phillips have hardly kicked a ball and Saka isn't at his best just yet. I do think that Bellingham is going to be something extra special though, the more gametime he gets against really decent opposition the better.

Not going to respond to anything further regarding 'woke' or any other such nonsense, this isn't the place for it. But I will reserve the right to laugh at people when they use it in such a manner.

Motspur

I used to be supportive of Southgate but his selections now are so predictable and uninspiring. How can he maintain Arnold, Chilwell, Maguire, Shaw, Phillips and Grealish when they are not first choice selections for their club teams; then we have Coady and Mount who have been so out of form. And he selects Abraham and Tomori as if he wishes to demonstrate he doesn't forget anyone and that he watches all European football. No inspiration in his selections and I expect us to exit the World Cup the match immediately after Group stage.