watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sparky Still Sweating On The Moose

Started by White Noise, January 07, 2011, 05:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

The Manager is expecting to field a strong line-up against Peterborough, who go into the game unbeaten in five League One matches.

With Andrew Johnson temporarily sidelined and Bobby Zamora a long-term casualty, Hughes is hoping that Belgium international Mousa Dembele is fit to play after a lengthy lay-off from an ankle injury.

"We came through the last game unscathed, so in theory it could be the same team," he said. "We're still waiting on Mousa, but it would be nice to get him involved because he hasn't played for a very long time now.

"He didn't train with the group today, although he has been doing a bit this week. We'll have to see on the morning of the game whether or not he will be in contention, but he's scheduled to do a bit more work with our physios.

"Other than that, the rest of the players are good to go. There are certainly no issues with their recovery so I have the benefit of choosing my team from virtually the whole squad – obviously with the exception of those that are currently injured.

"You can prioritise and say that the league is the main focus because it's our bread and butter, but I don't necessarily take that view. We're on a good run at the moment and, as a result, I'm more inclined to keep those players together because continuity is important.

"It's frustrating for the players that haven't been playing and I have to say that they have been very patient. I do feel for those players, but it's about making sure that the balance is right and that the team is settled.

"That's not to say some of them won't be involved, but if you make too many changes it can affect the dynamics of the team and come back to bite you on the backside. This is a big game for Peterborough and they will certainly be up for this one and want to get the better of us. If we do not understand that on the day, then the potential is there for us to be caught out.

"We can't let that happen because we have intentions of doing well in this competition."

duffbeer

Quote from: White Noise on January 07, 2011, 05:52:02 PM

With Andrew Johnson temporarily sidelined and Bobby Zamora a long-term casualty, Hughes is hoping that Belgium international Mousa Dembele is fit to play after a lengthy lay-off from an ankle injury.

"Andrew Johnson temporarily sidelined" is an oxymoron.   :yellow:

finnster01

Quote from: duffbeer on January 07, 2011, 06:37:11 PM

:011: :clap_hands:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Tom

Quote from: duffbeer on January 07, 2011, 06:37:11 PM

LMAO!  :011:
Fulham for life!

Hazey

He didn't train with the group today, although he has been doing a bit this week. We'll have to see on the morning of the game whether or not he will be in contention, but he's scheduled to do a bit more work with our physios.

Surely not worth risking if he isnt traingng with the main group?  Ankles suck the big one, I rolled mine and did the ligaments on my the last training session before coming back from a knee arthroscopy and the bl**dy thing kept me out longer than the torn meniscus!  Sick bruise though went from under my toes to half way up my calf in a nice shade of aubergene thru to liver jaundiced yellow!

It must be bad if he still isn't back into full training with the group.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club