watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Interesting Take From Bookies

Started by FFC1987, September 16, 2022, 02:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

I did two bets at the start of the season on teams winning/getting promoted/surviving relegation.

First one was Fulham to Survive, Sheffield United to be promoted, Ipswich Town to be promoted. £10 on with a £186 return.

Second was City to win the league, Norwich to be promoted, Ipswich to be promoted. £10, £103 return.

What I'm finding interesting, unless my betting brain is out of synch, is, the cash outs currently are £41 on bet one, £18 on bet two. Is that indicating, the bookies are more confident in Fulham surviving than City winning the league? Or am i missing out on some weird odds calculating here? As that's a pretty big boost if the bookies are that confident currently.

Oakeshott

You can't draw that conclusion (though it may be right) just from the facts you present.

Forget Ipswich, common to both bets. (Though no long term Fulham fan can ever forget Ipswich for that glorious Boxing Day.)

Then there is no common factor - on the one hand us and Sheff. United, on the other City and Norwich. Impossible to tell what the weightings are for the four clubs.

FFC1987

Quote from: Oakeshott on September 16, 2022, 03:00:56 PM
You can't draw that conclusion (though it may be right) just from the facts you present.

Forget Ipswich, common to both bets. (Though no long term Fulham fan can ever forget Ipswich for that glorious Boxing Day.)

Then there is no common factor - on the one hand us and Sheff. United, on the other City and Norwich. Impossible to tell what the weightings are for the four clubs.

Even if you factor in form position, likely outcome of odds and who is statistically likely to to get promoted using the same bookies odds?

We Are Premier League

Or it might be easier to compare the odds of City to win the league and Fulham to not get relegated...

FFC1987

Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 16, 2022, 03:43:19 PM
Or it might be easier to compare the odds of City to win the league and Fulham to not get relegated...

That's a good point actually....our odds have definitely shortened.