watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hughes Admits Fulham Are In For Robbie Keane

Started by White Noise, January 07, 2011, 06:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/4330/0/hughes-admits-fulham-are-robbie-keane

Hughes admits Fulham are in for Robbie Keane

By talkSPORT

Friday, January 7

Fulham boss Mark Hughes admits he is interested in signing Tottenham striker Robbie Keane - but only if the price is right.

Birmingham had agreed a deal thought to be worth £7m with Tottenham for the 30-year-old, but the move seems to have faltered over personal terms.

And that could allow Fulham to sign the Republic of Ireland skipper, although Hughes admits finances will dictate whether the club can afford a player who is thought to earn around £80,000-a-week.

"
Sometimes the deal to bring certain players in can be a little bit prohibitive
"
"A lot of players are being mentioned, and a lot of them are good players, players I admire," said Hughes when asked directly about Keane.

"But sometimes the deal to bring certain players in can be a little bit prohibitive, certainly for a club like ours.

"Although at times [recently] and in the past there has been a will to bring players here, on occasion we haven't been able to do it due to the finances involved.

"Would Robbie being keen to stay in London help Fulham? Well that gives us a competitive advantage, I would suggest.

"Fulham is in a nice part of the world. That helps in acquisitions. There are clubs where it is more difficult to attract players to the area, but we don't have that problem when we are based in London."

TonyGilroy

Maybe Duff out enables us to afford to bring Keane in.

BalDrick

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 07, 2011, 07:47:04 PM

Doesn't mean you're wrong of course but they're mates I believe.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Mr Fulham

Quote from: BalDrick on January 07, 2011, 07:51:14 PM

Yes they are. In addition, I don't see the sense in shipping out a winger without a replacement and buying a striker instead.

TonyGilroy

If we had strikers we'd have Dembele, Davies, Dempsey, Duff and Gera competing for two places.

We can afford to let Duff go especially if Blackburn want to give us £4M.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 07, 2011, 07:58:10 PM
If we had strikers we'd have Dembele, Davies, Dempsey, Duff and Gera competing for two places.

Ok, true. But I'd rather want him to stay because he could help to integrate Keano into the team...you know, old Irish pals. :wine:

We should sell Riise (1m), Dikgacoi (1m), Elm (500k) and Fast Eddie (500k) = 3m :028:

Hazey

Would this be due to sub clause 387.1 - the one involvling only a certain number of Irish players in the team due to a shortagte of potato based foods at Motspur?
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 07, 2011, 08:05:22 PM

Ok, true. But I'd rather want him to stay because he could help to integrate Keano into the team...you know, old Irish pals. :wine:

We should sell Riise (1m), Dikgacoi (1m), Elm (500k) and Fast Eddie (500k) = 3m :028:

Only Man City could afford 500k each for Elm and EJ, we'll get 100k at most.
FTID

Tom

=pipedream, if we could get that much for those useless players.
Fulham for life!

HatterDon

Quote from: Tom on January 07, 2011, 09:58:56 PM

With the quality Dikgacoi showed in the World Cup, we should turn a tidy profit on his transfer.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Equalizer

Oh God no. If Robbie Keane signs for us I'll be buying a Brentford shirt in the morning.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

HatterDon

Quote from: The Equalizer on January 07, 2011, 10:02:20 PM
Oh God no. If Robbie Keane signs for us I'll be buying a Brentford shirt in the morning.

Meanwhile, that superhot NZ lass you couldn't find room for in your flat back in November has got a permanent gig in London. Her first assignment? Recruit and train the bunnies for the new Playboy Club.

See what happens, children, when you let the booze get ahold of you?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tom

Quote from: HatterDon on January 07, 2011, 10:01:26 PM
Quote from: Tom on January 07, 2011, 09:58:56 PM

With the quality Dikgacoi showed in the World Cup, we should turn a tidy profit on his transfer.
I don't know about that Don.  :beer:
Fulham for life!

SmithyFFC

Past it, over priced and would command higher wages than we can afford.   :tom:
FTID

Lighthouse

We still need a target player. Not sure Keane is not a big gamble in the mould of AJ. Still I would not be upset about him coming as long as we can buy that target player from somewhere.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BalDrick

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 07, 2011, 10:31:27 PM
We still need a target player. Not sure Keane is not a big gamble in the mould of AJ. Still I would not be upset about him coming as long as we can buy that target player from somewhere.

That's the thing isn't it - do we really expect to buy Keane and a target player, when BZ is due back next month (although realistically he won't be back proper till late March I'd have said)? Have to assume Dembele will also one day be fit again - all on top of paying AJ no small wage. Can't see it myself - not saying I wouldn't want it to happen though.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Burt

£80k a week wages for Keane? No ta.

Shame, cos he has a habit of scoring, and we could do with one of those.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Burt on January 08, 2011, 10:29:50 AM
£80k a week wages for Keane? No ta.

These are his Tottenham wages. Obviously wouldn't be his Fulham wages.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: BalDrick on January 07, 2011, 07:51:14 PM

Just to confirm that one -

:tom:

I'll do a caption competition on that one IF Keane signs. :011: