watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Leicester

Started by irishfulham, September 17, 2022, 07:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Real relegation contenders do not surface until at least ten games have been played but Leicester fans must be feeling uncomfortable right now.

We have made a very good start but let's not start counting our chickens until we have those 40 points in the bag.

hkfulham

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 18, 2022, 09:14:20 AM
With Brendan they will go down - they seem to have stopped playing for him. They need to make an astute new appointment - and quickly - actually now during the international break.

He is begging to get sacked every time he speaks.  Waiting for the payout.

Somerset Fulham

Apparently it'll cost them £10m to sack Rodgers and Leicester can't afford it.

If thats the case then they are in dire, dire straits when they do go down.

Marcus

been hammered by the pandemic, owners' money comes from duty free, although they always seem to have a horse in every race, perhaps they prefer the gee gees, surprised they havenot attempted to sell up, although maybe they have... vardy's legs maybe beginning to go, as well as his cash, anyway, the more down there the merrier...

irishfulham

West ham also seem in trouble

somerset cockernee

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 18, 2022, 04:10:49 PM
Apparently it'll cost them £10m to sack Rodgers and Leicester can't afford it.

If thats the case then they are in dire, dire straits when they do go down.
money for nothing and your chicks for free.

St Eve

I wish I understood ffp. Leicester don't appear to be a buying Club. On the contrary. Scmieichel, fofana, McGuire, Conte to name a few. Forest bought 100 players and Barcelona were so broke they let Messi go and then spent millions.

FFC1987

Quote from: St Eve on September 18, 2022, 07:00:09 PM
I wish I understood ffp. Leicester don't appear to be a buying Club. On the contrary. Scmieichel, fofana, McGuire, Conte to name a few. Forest bought 100 players and Barcelona were so broke they let Messi go and then spent millions.

From my understanding, the main issue they had was converting a 29 man squad which was needed in last years Europa league, and condensing that down now, to a 25 man squad when they had a lot of players on big wages and were finding them hard to shift. Friend is a STH'er and was explaining it from his perspective and saying if you look at the squad, they have players like Ryan Bertrend whose been largely injured on wages in excess of £75k among many others and the only players they could really shift were players they wanted to keep ie Fofana, Schmeichel and unable to re-acquire Lookman, someone Rogers said in a press conference he was keen to keep. They had decent offers reportedly for Tielemens, Madison and Vestergard but for whatever reason, moves never materialised, partly because they wanted to keep, partly because in the case of Vestergard, he decided he didn't want to leave yet.

All in all, a really tight situation with owners not committing more and having too many players on the roster even after loaning/selling players so would mean they had dead wages on the bill which was already bottle necked due to FFP and unable to register everyone due to the 25 player limit.     

Grassy Noel

They would not sack him on the day of the Queen's funeral. Or would they?

Thailand Mick

Quote from: Marcus on September 18, 2022, 04:14:04 PM
been hammered by the pandemic, owners' money comes from duty free, although they always seem to have a horse in every race, perhaps they prefer the gee gees, surprised they havenot attempted to sell up, although maybe they have... vardy's legs maybe beginning to go, as well as his cash, anyway, the more down there the merrier...
the owner is worth 6 billion, he is the tenth richest football club owner.

ffcthereligion

I just really dont see who's going down this year and thats the nagging worry because I just can't see a West Ham or Leicester being sucked in and everyone who 'should' be a rival is picking up points

SG

Quote from: ffcthereligion on September 19, 2022, 04:01:27 PM
I just really dont see who's going down this year and thats the nagging worry because I just can't see a West Ham or Leicester being sucked in and everyone who 'should' be a rival is picking up points

Leicester are already in it with one point from 7 games. If you take account of the 5 or 6 they will probably lose when playing the remainder of the big 6 they need 39 points from 25 games. That equates to winning 1 in 2

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Grassy Noel on September 18, 2022, 07:00:40 AM
067.gif
Quote from: Cambridge Away on September 18, 2022, 12:29:11 AM
Is it me or has Jamie Vardy now lost his mojo, following his wife losing her court case to Coleen? Has he scored yet? A peculiar couple those two
Old age as measured by loss of pace. I read somewhere that his manager stated this as a fact.
Just looked it up.
15 goals in 25 last season
0 in 7 this season
That is a BIG problem for them.
Pace must be an excuse (definitely not a "fact"). His wife's humiliation must surely factor