watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- MOTD

Started by bog, September 18, 2022, 09:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

When we played at Spurs near the end when we were having go and TC nearly equalised but MOTD omitted this. I saw yesterday's game and in the first half the Foxes played well (despite a hopeless defence) and right on half time Maddison nearly put them ahead, however MOT omitted this, despite something that could have changed the game. Emm.

As for us most was how poor the Forest were. Nothing that this may have been down to how good we were. No mention of the the pass by Mitro in the move for the third.

Is the Forest boss for the chop....

Thank you and good night

092.gif

SP

Watching MOTD this morning & hearing Dion Dublin highlight how Mitro was fouling their CB at the corner for our first goal. Surprised he didn't mention the same CB was holding Mitros shirt?

Slaphead in Qatar

Very little discussion on MOTD about Fulham- most about Forest.

Rupert

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 18, 2022, 09:51:30 AM
Very little discussion on MOTD about Fulham- most about Forest.

I don't have a problem with that. Slip in under the radar, rather than have our strengths analysed and counters suggested.
In a way it is a back-handed compliment, Forest are the relegation threatened team (yes, even this early) while we are the boring mid-table lot (boring as in not threatened by relegation).
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on September 18, 2022, 09:06:57 AM
When we played at Spurs near the end when we were having go and TC nearly equalised but MOTD omitted this. I saw yesterday's game and in the first half the Foxes played well (despite a hopeless defence) and right on half time Maddison nearly put them ahead, however MOT omitted this, despite something that could have changed the game. Emm.

As for us most was how poor the Forest were. Nothing that this may have been down to how good we were. No mention of the the pass by Mitro in the move for the third.

Thank you and good night

092.gif

Thank you Captain, despite watching the highlights a few times still wasn't sure who played that superb ball to begin our 3rd goal move. You have surprised me as much as the scorer did.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Whitesideup

Quote from: SP on September 18, 2022, 09:47:41 AM
Watching MOTD this morning & hearing Dion Dublin highlight how Mitro was fouling their CB at the corner for our first goal. Surprised he didn't mention the same CB was holding Mitros shirt?
I thought that. And he mentioned two or three times how Mitro had "blocked" the guy marking Tosin, implying a foul, though to be fair they did not say that.  If he did block the player, it was just through standing there, and in fact being held back, so I thought their take on the incident was wrong .. or maybe I was looking at it through Mitro-tainted glasses.

Tabby

Quote from: Whitesideup on September 18, 2022, 10:58:21 AM
Quote from: SP on September 18, 2022, 09:47:41 AM
I thought that. And he mentioned two or three times how Mitro had "blocked" the guy marking Tosin, implying a foul, though to be fair they did not say that.  If he did block the player, it was just through standing there, and in fact being held back, so I thought their take on the incident was wrong .. or maybe I was looking at it through Mitro-tainted glasses.

Thought Mitro and McKenna were both pulling and pushing, so not a lot in that supposed foul. See it on every corner. Guess the Forest goal should have been ruled out as Reed was pushed.

Also said in another thread that this is a perfect screen in the way that Tosin just uses the fact that Yates is goalside of him to be able to run around Mitro. Mitro has no obligation to get out of the way there.

FFC1987

To be fair, the majority of coverage we got last time round was all negative, similar to what Forest are receiving now so it's just the nature of the doom and gloom analytics I think.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 18, 2022, 10:48:31 AM

Thank you and good night

092.gif

Thank you Captain, despite watching the highlights a few times still wasn't sure who played that superb ball to begin our 3rd goal move. You have surprised me as much as the scorer did.

What irritates me is that all 'experts' said preseason that Mitro wasn't premier league quality and none has really said he is proving them wrong. It is not only his goal scoring but his sublime lay offs, his pass for the third was a shinning example. Keep shutting them up Mitro!  049:gif 

Caedal

To be fair, twice Gary Lineker tried to move the conversation onto Fulham, it was Dion Dublin who kept talking about Forest. Plus he said we were having a good season at the end.

Its understandable though that Forest is the story, after spending so much money and bringing in so many players, you just open yourself up to criticism

DadCreature

Have to agree that Forest are the drama team right now - big budget acquisitions and playing like poo.  We are the story in the making - you'll see.   Later in the season the coverage will all turn to how smartly FFC constructed their roster and how "tidy" we play.  It's just not drama so not going to get the attention yet.   Plus I think a lot of pundits are waiting for a drop- we are so high in the table but no one believes we will end the season on the top 7 (or even top 10), so they don't want to go one the record saying too many good things about a team that they all think will drop. 

Surprise will be on them!

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I didn't think that the MOTD coverage was too bad. Yes they did concentrate more on Forest but there was good detail of Willian's movement and involvement in the goals. It was this programme which really highlighted the quality of his run for the third goal completely drawing their left back who had obviously been told to stick with him.
To what extent was this due to Willian or the Forest players not having played together enough to be a tight unit?

bog

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on September 18, 2022, 04:37:02 PM
I didn't think that the MOTD coverage was too bad. Yes they did concentrate more on Forest but there was good detail of Willian's movement and involvement in the goals. It was this programme which really highlighted the quality of his run for the third goal completely drawing their left back who had obviously been told to stick with him.
To what extent was this due to Willian or the Forest players not having played together enough to be a tight unit?

I thought throughout 'they' made out all our good was down to their poor defensive play, not because of the speed of our attacks. Willian is a class act.  :54:   

cookieg

The match commentator did seem to think that the ref would look at the block as a possible foul but the Forest player had Mitro's shirt and he was trying to get away and then collided with the other Forest defender. 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other in my mind.

kiwian

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 18, 2022, 10:48:31 AM

Thank you and good night

092.gif

And it was Perriera who won the ball to set Mitro away, a brilliant team goal.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?