watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This is a team

Started by colinwhite, September 18, 2022, 11:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

You have to hand it to Marco Silva . What an amazing job he is doing ! We have a team that can compete with anybody in this division and the squad now has lots of options and balance. Willians composure  class and James pace are two further elements needed to compliment a squad that is looking very decent . We  lack a  central midfielder to compete for the central positions IMO but other than that our transfer business has been excellent.

I couldn't help noticing with Diop in the side that we also have height in our side. Watching Pierrras second half free kick shows Mitro ,Palhina ,Diop and Tosin all towering over forest players in their box.
The return of Wilson will give us another clear goal threat and if Solomon is tricky on the ball as I believe this will give us another different option of class.
The back line was excellent the other night and we still have Robinson to come back in. It will be interesting to see how we manage without Palhina but I just have a feeling that MS will have a contingency plan for that.
Starting to love the PL again ,and that has happened for good few years !

FFC1987

Quote from: colinwhite on September 18, 2022, 11:41:40 AM
You have to hand it to Marco Silva . What an amazing job he is doing ! We have a team that can compete with anybody in this division and the squad now has lots of options and balance. Willians composure  class and James pace are two further elements needed to compliment a squad that is looking very decent . We  lack a  central midfielder to compete for the central positions IMO but other than that our transfer business has been excellent.

I couldn't help noticing with Diop in the side that we also have height in our side. Watching Pierrras second half free kick shows Mitro ,Palhina ,Diop and Tosin all towering over forest players in their box.
The return of Wilson will give us another clear goal threat and if Solomon is tricky on the ball as I believe this will give us another different option of class.
The back line was excellent the other night and we still have Robinson to come back in. It will be interesting to see how we manage without Palhina but I just have a feeling that MS will have a contingency plan for that.
Starting to love the PL again ,and that has happened for good few years !

Good post Colin and fully agree. My enthusiasm for us in the Prem has previously drifted off by game 8 when we're rock bottom, playing dreadful football and conceding goals for fun, being the butt of the jokes and bookies paying out early on us to be relegated bets.

This year, its refreshing looking forward to MoTD each week even after a loss to see we performed well and given positive comments from the analysts.

Cobh Fulham Fan

Agreed guys, there is a big air of positivity surrounding this squad and you just know how much things have change by the way most sports commentators have been talking Fulham up, even when we lose to top opposition. The buzz this year is even greater than last year when we were running away with the championship title.   

You just know how good this team is when you look at us scoring three goals without Mitro's name being on them. Marco is doing a fantastic job, the man is pure genius and lets hope the club owners do whatever it takes to keep him here!

hovewhite

I love all this positivety and it's fully justified put together by Marco and really think he will be SKs best signing of his tenure to date.

Caedal

The summer transfer business was very good. Its a shame the Kliuvert deal fell through as I think he's going to be a great player. What it will allow us to do now is really target 1 or 2 high quality players in January if Marco feels we need it (probably a CM) just to add to those options.

We are conceding quite a few goals, but I think that will settle down a bit as the season goes on. 

Deeping_white

Quote from: Caedal on September 18, 2022, 01:09:33 PM
The summer transfer business was very good. Its a shame the Kliuvert deal fell through as I think he's going to be a great player. What it will allow us to do now is really target 1 or 2 high quality players in January if Marco feels we need it (probably a CM) just to add to those options.

We are conceding quite a few goals, but I think that will settle down a bit as the season goes on. 

If we're looking comfortable by the time we get to January & Aouar hasn't signed a new contract then we should offer Lyon a few million euros so we get that extra depth in midfield as ultimately I think he'd be good enough to start for us

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 18, 2022, 01:15:34 PM

If we're looking comfortable by the time we get to January & Aouar hasn't signed a new contract then we should offer Lyon a few million euros so we get that extra depth in midfield as ultimately I think he'd be good enough to start for us

Great stuff, a team
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

LC

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 18, 2022, 01:15:34 PM

I would also offer Diaz from Blackburn a contract as he's in his last 6 months of his contract. We get him in the summer for a free transfer and if he doesn't work out in the PL then he's still worth £10m to a championship club

Marcus

yes, I believe one of Marco's biggest strengths is his man management skills, it appears Mitro was on the verge of walking out, he pleaded with him to give it another go, winning him over with his personality, Kebano is playing the best football of his career after being virtually driven out and as for Ream, well, I always felt he was absolute class and now we are seeing the very best of him, good call on the height too, we now have three centre halves who are all 6ft 4 and a defensive midfielder who is just as big, Fulham has never really been known for set plays until now, the work we do on those is exceptional... call out on Boa and the other coaches, too, if they can get James back to what caught Man U's eye, the future looks rosy...

filham

Early days but it certainly has been a great start.
Immediate concern is how we perform without Palhina against Newcastle as he has held the midfield together.

colinwhite

I have a feeling Tc Or BDR  will come in ,in pierrras position and Pierras will play alongside Reed. James could come in on Boobby s wing. So we have a certain cover ,although it won't be as physically dominant.

bog

Marco is like Tigana and Hodgson, he makes-players perform better. The main one to me  :Haynes The Maestro:is Tim Ream. I love Tim but I thought he was not up to the Premier. How my doubts have shoved down my mouthy aged throat. I stand corrected.  :022:

092.gif     

WindyCity

Terrific post and commentary by the TO.  I think major kudos to MS for guiding this team.  With key players out to start season (Solomon, Wilson) MS fashioned plan of play and team selections that kept FFC above water, even with no CB help, which most of this forum were screaming for (myself included).  Cap tips apply to the players themselves, many of whom were not rated as 'PL quality'.  And MS further produced an away win missing the injured Robinson.  This team believes in themselves, and what MS is preaching.  Continued success!  (Fingers crossed)

And yes, it's fun being back in top flight.  I could never understand the many forum fans here who commented they would be happy/much rather prefer being in the Champ where the team would not necessarily face 'automatic losses'.  (Now, don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and comfort level with their sporting experience.)  This just wasn't an opinion I shared.  I have always wanted to see FFC win and be in top flight, no matter how difficult that PL season may be.  So far, we have shown to be competitive and deserve to be in this league.  Even the two losses so far could have resulted in a point, both being just one goal losses.  Anyway, enjoying the ride so far.  Congrats to MS and the lads for a job very well done so far!