watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best behaviour everyone - the boss is in town

Started by H4usuallysitting, October 24, 2022, 07:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcthereligion

I would like to see Shad come onto the pitch pre match or at half time to do an interview to build more of a relationship with the fans. I think it is then that we would see the outpouring of gratitude towards him that he deserves!

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: toshes mate on October 25, 2022, 12:58:11 PM
Quote from: Surlyc on October 24, 2022, 08:02:29 PM
Ah, so the Jacksonville Jaguars are in London this weekend?

I don't think Mr Khan is particularly interested in Fulham.
Quote from: Surlyc on October 24, 2022, 09:29:03 PM
At no point did I say I was unhappy with Shad Khan. However his yacht is always here for the NFL game each year, not for any Fulham game.

He is clearly more of an NFL fan and it is his son who is interested in Fulham. I am not making any judgement on that, despite what you seem to have inferred. Remarkable to me that of all the things said on this forum, it's this that you are so bemused by!

I don't profess to know what goes on in Shahid's head but from his actions I do not believe anyone can dismiss his love for FFC as easily as you appear to have done.

I agree with everything that Tosh and Twig have said, but especially this.

I find it absolutely staggering that supporters are still trying to find issue with our owners. It is quite frankly, ridiculous.

cottage expat

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 25, 2022, 01:57:28 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on October 25, 2022, 12:58:11 PM
Quote from: Surlyc on October 24, 2022, 08:02:29 PM
Ah, so the Jacksonville Jaguars are in London this weekend?

I don't think Mr Khan is particularly interested in Fulham.
Quote from: Surlyc on October 24, 2022, 09:29:03 PM
At no point did I say I was unhappy with Shad Khan. However his yacht is always here for the NFL game each year, not for any Fulham game.

He is clearly more of an NFL fan and it is his son who is interested in Fulham. I am not making any judgement on that, despite what you seem to have inferred. Remarkable to me that of all the things said on this forum, it's this that you are so bemused by!

I don't profess to know what goes on in Shahid's head but from his actions I do not believe anyone can dismiss his love for FFC as easily as you appear to have done.

I agree with everything that Tosh and Twig have said, but especially this.

I find it absolutely staggering that supporters are still trying to find issue with our owners. It is quite frankly, ridiculous.

+1

Logicalman

The real bottom lines are these:

Football is less about sport than business in the world of money.
Very few teams will survive in the EPL unless they have some big money backing them.
SK bought Fulham not because he supported Fuham, not because he was a massive footie fan, but because MaF couldn't continue supporting us and Khan had the money plus the interest to buy us (because he felt it might assist in expanding his NFL franchise to get in on Wembley). There were not a lot of suiters when the club went up for sale and it wasn't a bidding war.

Overall, outside of shady characters and immoral persons, and the Ernie Clays of this world, I support anyone who is willing to buy the club, support the club financially, and give us our pride back in the club I have supported and loved for over a half-century.

So, for all those that cannot stand that SK is our owner, tough, unless you fancy buying him out.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

General

Quote from: Logicalman on October 25, 2022, 07:57:31 PM

Very few teams will survive in the EPL unless they have some big money backing them.
SK bought Fulham not because he supported Fuham, not because he was a massive footie fan, but because MaF couldn't continue supporting us and Khan had the money plus the interest to buy us (because he felt it might assist in expanding his NFL franchise to get in on Wembley). There were not a lot of suiters when the club went up for sale and it wasn't a bidding war.

Overall, outside of shady characters and immoral persons, and the Ernie Clays of this world, I support anyone who is willing to buy the club, support the club financially, and give us our pride back in the club I have supported and loved for over a half-century.

So, for all those that cannot stand that SK is our owner, tough, unless you fancy buying him out.

I like SK as an owner. But I'm not buying into this saviour and holier than though complex people seem to jump to of wanting to laud him as soon as things are looking up. Money covers all manner of personalities and motives.

I think SK is a good steward and honest man when it comes to the club though but I do think it's pretty clear his interests in the club aren't fully (both initially and now) fulham or football related.

It's like people who constantly want to label a player a legend when few in my time have really ever reached that status. Cult hero maybe but not legend.

Logicalman

Quote from: General on October 25, 2022, 08:19:43 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on October 25, 2022, 07:57:31 PM

I like SK as an owner. But I'm not buying into this saviour and holier than though complex people seem to jump to of wanting to laud him as soon as things are looking up. Money covers all manner of personalities and motives.

I think SK is a good steward and honest man when it comes to the club though but I do think it's pretty clear his interests in the club aren't fully (both initially and now) fulham or football related.

It's like people who constantly want to label a player a legend when few in my time have really ever reached that status. Cult hero maybe but not legend.

Agree absolutely.

Every chairman/owner to me are simply a custodian, and I support their efforts, as long as they do not appear to be another Clay figure.
SK is a businessman first, and sports team owner second, the former supports the latter.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

H4usuallysitting

I only put the post up, because I thought it's part of our club - overall Mr Khan has been a positive addition to our club, and he's professed that he's trying to make us self sufficient.... I think it's great that he's around at the weekend to promote his two team's