AnOldBrownie

He's wrong. The table doesn't lie.

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

The Rational Fan

Quote from: perry geyton on September 21, 2022, 10:14:41 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on September 21, 2022, 08:31:28 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 21, 2022, 04:25:28 AM
Quote from: AJW48361 on September 19, 2022, 08:18:53 PM
The massive amount of signings have heap untold pressure on Cooper.Not sure all those signings were he's decisions.

Once Nottingham Forest management realise that the coach doesn't have enough time to integrate the new players in order to stay up, and their plan with relegation is a FFP disaster, Steve Cooper will be asked "why didn't you warn us?".

If Forest overspends (ie relegation with no plan to stay in the championship like Sunderland did only worse) and Steve Cooper didn't warn about the dangers of overspending (which I doubt he did), then he must be fired because anyone that didn't speak up must go.

Owners and Fans will hate it, when Notts Forest are playing Forest Green in League one or two, because the recruitment team and head coach beat the entire club on staying in the premier league, and lost, especially with FFP around to teach any club that doesn't know it's place a lesson. 
It is not the role of a head coach to control club spending.  You have a CEO who is legally responsible for finances along with other board members who provide financial know how.  Cooper is a football man and not a financial wizard and I bet he has someone managing his own finances.  Cooper may be scapegoated for poor performance by owners and others at Forest and be sacked but that remains to be seen.  It is much easier for clubs to blame coaches than it ever is to look internally at the many other flaws there are in structures.  Forest were fortunate to win at Wembley and what has followed might suggest to us that they were not prepared for a play off final win.  We have been there too.
the coach always is the one to bare the brunt

Forest have backed Steve Cooper 100%, if he cannot keep them up then he is 100% to blame for the total ruin of their club.

colinwhite

You get the players to play for you and buy into everything you say and after success many of them leave (back to other clubs ) and the ambitious owner of your club buys twenty odd  new players, spending 160 million quid in the process they have all been promised that they will play games .You don't know them as people and you are not used to managing highly paid players or the problems of the premier league.
Looks like a tough job to me ,and a bit of a poison chalice to be honest.

Thailand Mick

Graham Souness made a good point on Talk sport, they were bottom of the championship when Cooper took over so did they realistically think they would get promoted. when he came in he would have been looking for players to help them survive and push up the table. So at what point did they change tack and start looking for these 22 players they thought were good enough to survive in the Premier league.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 22, 2022, 04:57:28 AM
The massive amount of signings have heap untold pressure on Cooper.Not sure all those signings were he's decisions.

Once Nottingham Forest management realise that the coach doesn't have enough time to integrate the new players in order to stay up, and their plan with relegation is a FFP disaster, Steve Cooper will be asked "why didn't you warn us?".

If Forest overspends (ie relegation with no plan to stay in the championship like Sunderland did only worse) and Steve Cooper didn't warn about the dangers of overspending (which I doubt he did), then he must be fired because anyone that didn't speak up must go.

Owners and Fans will hate it, when Notts Forest are playing Forest Green in League one or two, because the recruitment team and head coach beat the entire club on staying in the premier league, and lost, especially with FFP around to teach any club that doesn't know it's place a lesson. 
It is not the role of a head coach to control club spending.  You have a CEO who is legally responsible for finances along with other board members who provide financial know how.  Cooper is a football man and not a financial wizard and I bet he has someone managing his own finances.  Cooper may be scapegoated for poor performance by owners and others at Forest and be sacked but that remains to be seen.  It is much easier for clubs to blame coaches than it ever is to look internally at the many other flaws there are in structures.  Forest were fortunate to win at Wembley and what has followed might suggest to us that they were not prepared for a play off final win.  We have been there too.

Forest have backed Steve Cooper 100%, if he cannot keep them up then he is 100% to blame for the total ruin of their club.
Mmm, who appointed Cooper?  Did that person or consensus do so with a brief?  What was that brief?   At what point in time did the brief change?  What was the new brief?  How did the consensus (now including Cooper presumably) respond strategically and tactically?   Who was handling the financial (FFP) aspect of the brief all the way through this process?

If Cooper cannot keep them up then he is human and, just like you and me, prone to mistakes, errors of judgement etc just like all those above him.  He'll be toast if Forest don't change soon but it is those above him who are responsible for any 'ruin' if its happens.

Thanks for the insight TRF but you are being naive in the extreme, IMO.

Southcoastffc

Forest have backed Steve Cooper 100%, if he cannot keep them up then he is 100% to blame for the total ruin of their club.tack him
So, should Forest be relegated, what blame is apportioned to whomever decided to back him 100%? And 'total ruin' seems to me to be something of an exaggeration.  I do not find your post at all rational.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

blingo

A host of players were on loan at forest so I don't think they had any option but to buy in a load of players. It's just the wrong division to have to do it in. 

bobby01

I still have an uneasy feeling about the owner owning Olympiakos as well, I will wait to see how many get shipped there at below market rates or on loan if Forest go down.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 22, 2022, 10:38:49 AM

Forest have backed Steve Cooper 100%, if he cannot keep them up then he is 100% to blame for the total ruin of their club.tack him
So, should Forest be relegated, what blame is apportioned to whomever decided to back him 100%? And 'total ruin' seems to me to be something of an exaggeration.  I do not find your post at all rational.

The person that backed Steve Cooper 100% willl be fined also, there will be enough blame to fine 3/4 of the staff. Total Ruin might be an exaggeration, but things will be worse financially at Forest than they ever have been at Sunderland, Derby, Wigan, Bolton and Leeds that spent plenty of time in League One.

They will be paying off this season long after all parchuate payments are gone, and even if they are £30m short of funds with EPL TV money it's a lot of gate receipts and EFL TV money required. When Shahid Khan spent £100m in 18/19, he gave the money as Equity; but I believe Forest owner gave £200m as unsecured debt.

Twig

Nonsense. Forest spent a shed load of money but that's different to backing the manager 100%. Unless you are a close friend of Steve Cooper I suggest you have no idea whatsoever whether he wanted all those signings or whether his particular vision has been backed 100% or any other %.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Twig on September 22, 2022, 11:19:54 PM

Nonsense. Forest spent a shed load of money but that's different to backing the manager 100%. Unless you are a close friend of Steve Cooper I suggest you have no idea whatsoever whether he wanted all those signings or whether his particular vision has been backed 100% or any other %.

When the blame pie goes around, those people that bought the players will be saying Steve Cooper wanted all those signings. Steve Cooper will get blamed unless he prove beyond any doubt that he didn't want those signings.

Steve Cooper has never said to the media that he didn't want those signing. So he is relying on people all the people inside the club to defend him and they are unlikely to throw themselves under the bus to defend him.

Besides after the financial purge, I suspect Steve Cooper would prefer to leave to join a bigger club like Preston, Luton or Coventry.

Somerset Fulham

What on earth are you on about?

Peabody

I just think that, once that team gels, they will be fine. Just like Slavs team but he wasn't given the chance

Logicalman

Quote from: toshes mate on September 22, 2022, 10:29:40 AM

Mmm, who appointed Cooper?  Did that person or consensus do so with a brief?  What was that brief?   At what point in time did the brief change?  What was the new brief?  How did the consensus (now including Cooper presumably) respond strategically and tactically?   Who was handling the financial (FFP) aspect of the brief all the way through this process?

If Cooper cannot keep them up then he is human and, just like you and me, prone to mistakes, errors of judgement etc just like all those above him.  He'll be toast if Forest don't change soon but it is those above him who are responsible for any 'ruin' if its happens.

Thanks for the insight TRF but you are being naive in the extreme, IMO.

You appear to have some obsession with briefs, sir.
Perhaps a short therapy session might assign, however brief it may be ... and don't start on about toast neither.

Outside of that, perfectly correct, Coaches may live and die by the sword, but those who appointed him AND stumped up the cash also need to shoulder some of it.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

RaySmith

Not many fans and people in the game DON'T say how hard it must be to meld a team from so many players in so short a time for a start, for the owners and whoever is in charge of recruitment- which isn't usually the manager, who can only say that he wants/needs new players, and isn't responsible for actually recruiting them - not  to take much/most of the blame if Forest go down.
Cooper has already won respect for getting Forest up from where they were.

At Fulham, TK has taken most of the blame for previous Prem failures, because of his recruitment - too much spent on the wrong players in the first case, and recruiting too late in both cases, with  Jokanovich largely not blamed by fans for any failure when we were relegated after he took us up, though Parker has taken some of the blame from fans after our relegation under him.

Depending on how the season pans out, and Forest could still stay up, I think the owners and those responsible for recruitment will take more of the blame if they go down - but most will realise that it was hard to get players in when Forest came from nowhere to go up.

Still early days yet -Cooper and Forest could turn things around. See how it goes, Cooper could suddenly find a formation and tactics that work, and Forest go on a winning streak!