watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steve Cooper

Started by Peabody, September 19, 2022, 09:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

So, according to him, their defeat was self inflicted??? Nothing at all to Fulham outplaying them

Whitestone

To be fair, Silva has made similar comments in the past when we've lost. I think there are some managers who are gracious in defeat and others that look for excuses, like Klopp when things don't his way. He rarely praises the opposition.

blingo

Quote from: Peabody on September 19, 2022, 09:20:57 AM
So, according to him, their defeat was self inflicted??? Nothing at all to Fulham outplaying them

That would be him admitting he is nowhere near to getting it right Mr P.

bog

Morning Peabody. I think it may be a case of self-preservation so make excuse not accept being well beaten. There has been a lot of money spent. Mind you he would get a good pay off.   

Mince n Tatties

I was reading a few comments on one of their forums,and he already getting some stick that he is out of his depth in the premier,cant change things and so on.
Doesn't take long for the natives to turn on him,only a couple  of months ago he was the Messiah.

SP

Regardless of how much they spent, they faced a huge challenge this season with the gap so big now between the top two leagues. At the very least, their spending has made things interesting, should be a great relegation struggle again this season.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: bog on September 19, 2022, 09:30:00 AM

Morning Peabody. I think it may be a case of self-preservation so make excuse not accept being well beaten. There has been a lot of money spent. Mind you he would get a good pay off.   

Hasn't he only got 1 year or less on his contract? If so the pay off wouldn't be that good.

H4usuallysitting

He'd walk into any job he wanted in the championship.... Middlesbrough would be a great fit

bog

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 19, 2022, 09:46:38 AM

Hasn't he only got 1 year or less on his contract? If so the pay off wouldn't be that good.

Not sure about that, if so has shut me up!

AJW48361

The massive amount of signings have heap untold pressure on Cooper.Not sure all those signings were he's decisions.

Andy S

In all honesty there is very little between most teams.you may win by a couple of goals but the other teams have usually missed a couple of chances

Riversider

Next up for Cooper,  is Leicester City, lose that and its hard to see him surviving.

perry geyton

He's in a similar situation to Jokanovic, club bought too many players, team spirit has gone out the window, zero chemistry

Nothing he can do cos he'll have to carry the weight of it

CincyFulham1

Quote from: bog on September 19, 2022, 01:50:24 PM

I think he was offered a new contract, but he has yet to sign it.

humussapiens

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on September 20, 2022, 04:49:13 PM
Quote from: bog on September 19, 2022, 01:50:24 PM

I think he was offered a new contract, but he has yet to sign it.

Like Jokanovic?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AJW48361 on September 19, 2022, 08:18:53 PM
The massive amount of signings have heap untold pressure on Cooper.Not sure all those signings were he's decisions.

Once Nottingham Forest management realise that the coach doesn't have enough time to integrate the new players in order to stay up, and their plan with relegation is a FFP disaster, Steve Cooper will be asked "why didn't you warn us?".

If Forest overspends (ie relegation with no plan to stay in the championship like Sunderland did only worse) and Steve Cooper didn't warn about the dangers of overspending (which I doubt he did), then he must be fired because anyone that didn't speak up must go.

Owners and Fans will hate it, when Notts Forest are playing Forest Green in League one or two, because the recruitment team and head coach beat the entire club on staying in the premier league, and lost, especially with FFP around to teach any club that doesn't know it's place a lesson. 

RaySmith

I didn't think they were that bad, but a main difference was we had moments of individual skill and brilliant team play that tore them apart, and when we had a sight of goal, we scored some top goals, but they were poor defensively, whereas our defence coped pretty well.

I thought Ream was too slow for the Prem, especially to be a full-back, but see him sprinting back to cover, then attacking and putting crosses into the box!

And Diop was useless apparently, but see the big man intercepting their attacks, and dribbling up the field, taking players on, then making telling passes!

And Tosin never scores from corners!

I think Cooper could turn it round, if he can decide on his best team, against us he tellingly dropped Lingard!
Their fan reaction is a factor - will they get behind the manager and team or show their discontent.

Marcus

Be Dyche's next job I reckon.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 21, 2022, 04:25:28 AM

Once Nottingham Forest management realise that the coach doesn't have enough time to integrate the new players in order to stay up, and their plan with relegation is a FFP disaster, Steve Cooper will be asked "why didn't you warn us?".

If Forest overspends (ie relegation with no plan to stay in the championship like Sunderland did only worse) and Steve Cooper didn't warn about the dangers of overspending (which I doubt he did), then he must be fired because anyone that didn't speak up must go.

Owners and Fans will hate it, when Notts Forest are playing Forest Green in League one or two, because the recruitment team and head coach beat the entire club on staying in the premier league, and lost, especially with FFP around to teach any club that doesn't know it's place a lesson. 
It is not the role of a head coach to control club spending.  You have a CEO who is legally responsible for finances along with other board members who provide financial know how.  Cooper is a football man and not a financial wizard and I bet he has someone managing his own finances.  Cooper may be scapegoated for poor performance by owners and others at Forest and be sacked but that remains to be seen.  It is much easier for clubs to blame coaches than it ever is to look internally at the many other flaws there are in structures.  Forest were fortunate to win at Wembley and what has followed might suggest to us that they were not prepared for a play off final win.  We have been there too.

perry geyton

Quote from: toshes mate on September 21, 2022, 08:31:28 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 21, 2022, 04:25:28 AM

It is not the role of a head coach to control club spending.  You have a CEO who is legally responsible for finances along with other board members who provide financial know how.  Cooper is a football man and not a financial wizard and I bet he has someone managing his own finances.  Cooper may be scapegoated for poor performance by owners and others at Forest and be sacked but that remains to be seen.  It is much easier for clubs to blame coaches than it ever is to look internally at the many other flaws there are in structures.  Forest were fortunate to win at Wembley and what has followed might suggest to us that they were not prepared for a play off final win.  We have been there too.
the coach always is the one to bare the brunt