https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SIDWELL SIGNS OFFICIAL

Started by os5889, January 07, 2011, 08:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Steve Sidwell Joins Fulham
www.fulhamfc.com
Fulham Football Club is delighted to confirm its first signing of the January transfer window. Steve Sidwell signs from Aston Villa for an undisclosed fee.

os5889

Steve Sidwell Joins Fulham

Friday 7th January 2011

Fulham Football Club is delighted to confirm its first signing of the January transfer window. Steve Sidwell signs from Aston Villa for an undisclosed fee. The deal, which initially runs for six months, could potentially see the player at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2014.

The 28-year old midfielder was born in Wandsworth and started his career at Arsenal, winning the FA Youth Cup with the Gunners in 2000 and 2001 before making the move to Reading in 2003.

He spent four seasons with the Royals, making 186 appearances and scoring 30 goals and played an important part in Reading's 2005-06 Championship-winning side and promotion to the Premier League.

Sidwell started the 2007-08 season at Chelsea before signing for Aston Villa in 2008.

Speaking at Fulham Football Club's training ground this afternoon, Steve Sidwell said:

"I'm delighted that my move to Fulham has been finalised, and I'm looking forward to training with the squad and help the Club make steady progress up the table in the second half of the season.

"I'd also like to thank Jez Moxley, and Mick McCarthy in particular, at Wolverhampton Wanderers for being so understanding in my desire to return to London and to play for Fulham. "

Fulham Manager, Mark Hughes, added:

"He is a player whose career I have followed for a while now, and there was a deal in place to bring him in prior to when I arrived. At that time I just didn't think it was the moment to make it happen because I was new to the Club.

"But he has been in my thoughts ever since, and when the opportunity to sign him in the January transfer window presented itself we moved quickly knowing there was a possibility he might go somewhere else.

"His intention was that he always wanted to come to Fulham – this was his first choice and we are delighted to have him on board. He is a young man who wants to get his career back on track and start playing football again. He has a good reputation in the game and is well admired.

"On the pitch he can get from box to box, he works tirelessly, is good on the ball and can also get you a goal. He wants to be part of what we are doing here – and because of that he will do well for us."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/January/SidwellJoinsFulham.aspx#ixzz1ANreWC00

White Noise

The deal, which initially runs for six months, could potentially see the player at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2014.

I wonder how that works then?

Welcome to Fulham Steve. Look forward to you being a big part of our future success. :54:

Mr Fulham

Quote from: White Noise on January 07, 2011, 08:40:14 PM
The deal, which initially runs for six months, could potentially see the player at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2014.

Welcome to Fulham Steve. Look forward to you being a big part of our future success. :54:

Loan until summer - fixed permanent signing until 2014?

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 07, 2011, 08:41:40 PM

Loan until summer - fixed permanent signing until 2014?

Smells like a relegation opt out clause to me.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

os5889

Sounds like a bit of the Greening/Shorey too it. Maybe its one of those if he's poo we'll return him offers.

Wonder how long sky will take to notice this??

Mr Fulham

Quote from: os5889 on January 07, 2011, 08:43:10 PM

Sounds like a bit of the Greening/Shorey too it. Maybe its one of those if he's sh1t we'll return him offers.

He's out of contract in the summer so there's no chance that it's  a return thing.

SmithyFFC

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss  :045: hopefully the first of many.
FTID

os5889

Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 07, 2011, 08:44:45 PM
Quote from: os5889 on January 07, 2011, 08:43:10 PM

Sounds like a bit of the Greening/Shorey too it. Maybe its one of those if he's sh1t we'll return him offers.

He's out of contract in the summer so there's no chance that it's  a return thing.

Player committed to pre contract, club has get out clause if relegated or player underperforms or is injured??

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 07, 2011, 08:45:42 PM
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss  :045: hopefully the first of many.

Amen, FF2

os5889

HatterDon

good signing IMHO. He has turned out for Villa recently, so we know he's not knackered. He might have some difficulty going 90, but we've been running our midfielders into the ground just recently, and he'll help us with our depth.

On to a big strong striker, a quick pesky striker, and a fullback.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tom

Finally signed sealed and delivered. Good signing.
Fulham for life!

White Noise

An attractive filly to be sure Tom but what do you make of Steve's outfit? How can you be earning £45k a week and not get some sartorial advice?

Tom

Quote from: White Noise on January 07, 2011, 10:06:59 PM
An attractive filly to be sure Tom but what do you make of Steve's outfit? How can you be earning £45k a week and not get some sartorial advice?
Sorry WN, I don't pay attention to what guys are wearing. You are right, making that kind of coin that he should be dressed better.
Fulham for life!