watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- What goes around....

Started by bog, September 27, 2022, 08:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

When Forest Green Rovers won Division 2 last season their manager, Rob Edwards, was filmed after the last result of the season and the title was confirmed. He went on about how proud he was to be at the club blah blah blah...on the following Monday he was unveiled as the new Watford boss. All at FGR were totally shocked. After 9 games at Watford Edwards has just been sacked. Emm
Slavin Billic is back in town.

That is 17 managers them Hornets have had in 10 years.... :doh:

092.gif

Sgt Fulham

To be fair, promotion from FGR to Watford, who stand a good chance of being a Prem team next season, is huge. Any person in that situation would make the same decision. Watford's owners are something else. By most accounts that I have read, they have long overstayed their welcome with the fans.

Motspur Park

Quote from: bog on September 27, 2022, 08:49:41 AM
When Forest Green Rovers won Division 2 last season their manager, Rob Edwards, was filmed after the last result of the season and the title was confirmed. He went on about how proud he was to be at the club blah blah blah...on the following Monday he was unveiled as the new Watford boss. All at FGR were totally shocked. After 9 games at Watford Edwards has just been sacked. Emm
Slavin Billic is back in town.

That is 17 managers them Hornets have had in 10 years.... :doh:

092.gif

Couldn't agree more though the pay off will no doubt soften the impact of the humiliation.

bog

I can understand a manager wishing to step up, but it is the manner in which you do it. I know many managers are treated like s**** by some clubs but not all are. Rob Edwards had been negotiating behind FGR's back. If he wanted to go then just tell them.   

bobby01

Quote from: bog on September 27, 2022, 03:24:30 PM
I can understand a manager wishing to step up, but it is the manner in which you do it. I know many managers are treated like s**** by some clubs but not all are. Rob Edwards had been negotiating behind FGR's back. If he wanted to go then just tell them.

As far as I understood it, edwards had a clause in his contract allowing him to talk to any club that approached him. The acrimony arose due to the fact that Watford to.d him not to tell FGR that he was in talks.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

filham

The length of service of recent Watford managers must surely be league record lows, surprising they can now find anyone to take on the job, except of course they all come out of it with a good bank balance no doubt.

Whitestone

Quote from: bog on September 27, 2022, 03:24:30 PM

Isn't that how it works ? People negotiate behind their current employers back when looking for a new position elsewhere  ?

Andy S

I don't blame Rob Edwards but Watford now sacking him after a handful of games crazy. With  Watford's resources they should be able to pick a half decent manager by now. They have had some decent managers during the last few seasons but haven't stuck with them. That is what caused their relegation as recently as last season. I wonder what slavishly and Marco think

Mickeyboro

Given how many Watford managers have Fulham connections, don't bet against Rob Edwards ending up here at some stage...
Btw,  loved 'Slavishly'[emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk