more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 01/10/22...

Started by WhiteJC, October 01, 2022, 07:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Muniz starts: The predicted Middlesbrough XI to face Coventry on Saturday

Middlesbrough take on Coventry City this weekend in a game that both sides really need to be winning.

It's not been a good start for either team with Boro underwhelming and Coventry hit by issues with their pitch, which has hampered their rhythm and ability to get results.

Both sides are in the relegation zone at this point in the year, then, and they'll want to change that as soon as possible.

Middlesbrough boss Chris Wilder needs a result, then, and this is the side we think he might name:

Chuba Akpom remains out with an injury so Rodrigo Muniz will lead the line alongside Duncan Watmore more than likely.

Boro have the creative players in the side to get the job done here this weekend, meanwhile, with the likes of Ryan Giles and Alex Mowatt on the field.

Actually delivering on that promise has been difficult for Boro so far this year, though, so we'll have to see what unfolds this weekend.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/muniz-starts-the-predicted-middlesbrough-xi-to-face-coventry-on-saturday/

WhiteJC

Newcastle United handed huge triple injury boost - but four set to miss Fulham clash

Newcastle United injury latest ahead of facing Fulham in the Premier League this weekend.

Newcastle United will have key duo Callum Wilson and Bruno Guimaraes fit to face Fulham on Saturday afternoon.

Wilson has missed the Magpies' previous four Premier League games with a hamstring injury but is set to lead the line at Craven Cottage in Alexander Isak's absence.

Head coach Eddie Howe revealed: "He's trained for around 10 days with us now. He's in a good place.

"Every time he comes back from an injury he does the work and doesn't cut corners.

"He's had a real long body of work in with the sports science team and then trained with us. He's looked good.

"It'll be a huge boost for the players to have a Callum in the group with his positive energy and laughter that he brings.

"He's a big player for us. And with Alex picking up his injury as well, it was perfect timing for us."

Guimaraes has trained this week after withdrawing from Brazil national duty due to a thigh tweak.

"He's in the squad," Howe confirmed. "I had a couple of difficult calls during the international break to say players had various things happen to various players.

"We were concerned for Bruno but he's come back and the scan was good. He's trained and trained well.

"Obviously slightly disrupted for him because these two weeks were really important in terms of his training and getting his match sharpness back but he's physically fine."

Meanwhile, Elliot Anderson is set to return to the matchday squad after missing the 1-1 draw against Bournemouth with a thigh injury.

Late calls will be made on Allan Saint-Maximin and Chris Wood following the two-week international break.

Saint-Maximin is recovering from a hamstring issue, while Wood injured his rib during New Zealand's defeat to Australia on Sunday.

"Yeah, he's doing well," Howe said on Saint-Maximin. "He's had a period away and come back... he's close, very close. It's how we view things.

"There are a lot of moving parts with us at the moment. I'm being vague because there are a lot of player situations that are slightly unclear as we go into the game.

"Allan will be one of them. I'll know more after today."

Howe added: "Chris Wood came off with a rib problem. He took a knock in the game. Again, that's another player we'll make a very late decision on."

Isak joins Karl Darlow, Jonjo Shelvey and Emil Krafth on the sidelines with a muscle injury.

Howe said: "The scan doesn't look too bad, so we're not overly concerned it's a long injury but with any muscle injury, there's always a slight period where you have to be careful.

"He's out running on grass so he's looking good at the moment."

https://www.newcastleworld.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-united-handed-huge-triple-injury-boost-but-four-set-to-miss-fulham-clash-3862155

WhiteJC

Sylvester Jasper's rousing message for Bristol Rovers as on-loan Fulham winger eyes first start

The 21-year-old is pushing for a start and could offer Joey Barton's side something different

Sylvester Jasper says he hasn't come to Bristol Rovers to sit around and is confident that his ability and determination will be enouh to earn him a start soon.

Jasper arrived on the last day of the summer transfer window, signing on a season-long loan from Premier League outfit Fulham, as Barton sought attacking flair.

The 21-year-old has so far played four games for Rovers, coming on as a substitute in all of them, which has given him 61 minutes of pitch time, but he has been unable to affect games that have falen away from them.

He has been with Rovers for just under a month now and has settled in quickly, but wants to start getting starts for the club he has committed to for the season.

"One of the first things I was saying to my family and my boys back home since I've come is that everyone has welcomed me really well," Jasper said.

"It's the thing that when you usually go to some places it might take a few days but here, I felt close to everyone.

"I can say anything to the boys. We've got a really tight squad and it's going to help us out of the situation we are in right now.

"I'm really enjoying my time here training. When I get on the pitch, I feel like I am doing good things for the team.

"I want to keep on playing and playing more often. Hopefully the fans and everyone can see what I am really about."

Rovers are Jasper's third loan club after spells with Colchester United of League Two and Scottish Premiership side Hibernian last season.

Jasper had more joy with Colchester in the first part of the season, playing 24 times with three goals and two assists, and played when Rovers drew at the Colchester Community Stadium in October 2021.

From a show reel of him of which he is aware of, it is obvious that he has skills and tricks in his locker, but he is keen to improve more aspects of his game to make him an all-round player.

"Coming off of the back of last season, I looked at adding more goals to my game," he admitted.

"I was like cool that I am playing well and doing all these nice things but now I need to start scoring more. That's the thing I have been learning for myself, it's definitely a thing I have been working on.

"All I wanna do is play football and just help the team as much as I can. I know I am capable and will play more, the team will be better, so I am confident.

"I have come here to play games and not just sit around. Hopefully with the performances when I come on and in training, the gaffer can see that I deserve a start."

The Fulham loanee's versatility has been used well so far this season, being brought onto either wing as well as switching throughout.

He was brought onto the pitch as a right midfielder in last week's defeat to Accrington Stanley.

At the moment, Joey Barton is trying to find a system that can accommodate Rovers' talented attack, as well as adding solidity to the defence.

For the time being, two formations have been tried that have deployed wingers but the likes of Aaron Collins and Harry Anderson, as well as Luke McCormick are keeping Jasper out of the starting XI.

Jasper is a player however which is his obvious flair, which comes from the confidence he has in himself.

"I'm a different player but if I can be used positively, I can have a really good effect on the team," he said.

"I'm gonna keep working, get my head down and hopefully an opportunity comes for me to start, which I am sure it will. I'm gonna take it and stay in the team."

"I don't really have a preferred position. I've played on the left, right and in the middle as well. I feel like I am really versatile.

"Even though the team isn't doing amazingly, everyone is still in high spirits. We believe we can get here and get up the table in no time, so it's all positive.

"The gaffer focused us on knuckling down on the basics. There were things that we were doing that we weren't even getting the basics right.

"We need to wipe everything out. Start doing the basics correctly and progress from there. The club wouldn't have brought me here if they didn't see an opportunity for me playing."

Rovers face fellow-promoted side Exeter City in their next fixture as the team look to put behind them a bad run of form.

Their last league visit to St James Park saw them concede four goals in the first 24 minutes with a response not sent until the 71st minute when Sam Finley scored a consolation goal.

Six of the players including all the substitutes that came on are no longer at the club, but a good chunk of the squad remain from that fixture.

Jasper of course wasn't around when the thrashing at the hands of the Grecians took place, but he had his own experience against Matt Taylor's side last year.

He in fact scored in a 3-1 home win for Colchester, picking the ball up from Luke Hannant, before twisting and turning from Tim Dieng and then powerfully letting fly with a left-footed shot.

Rovers will hope to use Jasper's experience to defeat a side they have struggled against in recent years, but believes it's a clean slate for the visit to Devon.

"It's a new game, what has happened then, has happened," he said.

"It's not like it's an aggregate score or however many. There is going to be a new game plan on how to beat them. It's totally new, they have new players and we have new players, it's all wiped off and we go again.

"Pride is a big thing, ego is a big thing for any man that is playing football. You never wanna just get beat and beat, you always wanna win, I feel we'll have a good chance this Saturday."

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-rovers/sylvester-jaspers-rousing-message-for-bristol-rovers-as-on-loan-fulham-winger-eyes-first-start-3862302

WhiteJC

Eddie Howe Provides Comprehensive Fitness Update Ahead Of Fulham

Newcastle's season gets back underway with a difficult test at Fulham tomorrow. The start of this campaign has been defined by injuries to key players. While the international break afforded time for some to recover, a couple of players have returned with fresh injuries.

The injuries were front and center during Eddie Howe's press conference this morning. The head coach has provided a somewhat reassuring update on the injury front. Both Callum Wilson and Bruno Guimaraes are in contention with Allan Saint-Maximin not far off.

Wilson has been out for over a month with the hamstring injury he picked up against Manchester City. Guimaraes also suffered a hamstring injury against the Citizens. Bruno compounded his injury with a cameo at Tranmere a few days later.

The Brazilian returned before the break against Bournemouth before jetting off for international duty. He suffered a slight thigh injury forcing his withdrawal. As has been reported, the injury is minor and Bruno will play at Craven Cottage.

Here is Howe's update on the midfielder:

"We were concerned for him but he's come back and the scan was good. He's trained and he's trained well.

"It's slightly disrupted him because these two weeks were important for his match sharpness but he's physically fine and in the squad for tomorrow."

Wilson will also make the squad tomorrow. He returned to training during the break and has put in the work to get back. Howe provided the following on the 30-year-old:

Callum has trained. He's trained for around ten days with us now and is in a good place.

"Every time he comes back from an injury he does the work and doesn't cut corners. He's put a lot of work in with the sports science team too so he's looked good."

As one striker returns, two picked up injuries on international duty. Alexander Isak withdrew from the Swedish squad and is unavailable tomorrow while Chris Wood faces a late fitness test on his rib injury.

This is Howe's update on Isak:

"He picked up an injury training with Sweden but the scan doesn't look too bad. We're not overly concerned it's a long injury.

"With any muscle injury, there's a period where you have to be careful. He's out running on the grass and is looking good."

With Isak back on the grass, his downtime looks to be very brief. He'll miss out tomorrow but may have an outside chance against Brentford next weekend. There could be a chance Howe will have his full complement of attackers very soon.

There remains a sliver of hope Allan Saint-Maximin makes the squad tomorrow. Though, I suspect it will be the Bees at St. James' Park when the Frenchman comes back. Howe said the following on Allan:

"He's doing well. He's had a period away but he's come back and he's close. There's a lot of moving parts with us at the moment.

"I'm being vague but that's because there are a few situations that are unclear going into the game; Allan is one of them."

https://www.nufcblog.com/2022/09/30/eddie-howe-provides-extensive-fitness-updates-ahead-of-fulham/

WhiteJC

Bernd Leno claims Newcastle have "underperformed" as ex-Arsenal man reviews start

Fulham goalkeeper Bernd Leno has admitted that Newcastle United haven't had the greatest start to the season but is expecting that to change as the Whites host the Magpies

Bernd Leno believes Newcastle United have "underperformed" so far this season but will be highly-motivated to get their season back on track this weekend.

The Magpies travel to Leno's Fulham looking for their first away win of the campaign, with Eddie Howe's side struggling for form on the road. They have lost just once, however, falling to a dramatic 2-1 defeat at Liverpool with Newcastle currently 10th in the Premier League, having collected eight points from a possible 21.

Meanwhile, Fulham have began the season superbly and sit inside the European places after picking up 11 points from their first seven matches. They will be looking to continue their excellent start when they host the Magpies, with Fulham coming into the game off the back of a 3-2 win at Nottingham Forest.

"I think it's a big game," Leno told Fulham's website. " Newcastle have a very good team but I think they've underperformed a little bit.

"They had a big game against Liverpool but conceded a [winning] goal at the end, two weeks ago they played against Bournemouth and unfortunately got just one point.

"They have a little bit of pressure to win some games, and I think at Craven Cottage we showed everyone how strong we are, what kind of football we play. I think they respect our game and it will be very tough for us, for them as well, so I think it's going to be a 50-50 game."

Leno has impressed in a Fulham shirt since making the £8million move from Arsenal in the summer, with the German goalkeeper coming straight into the starting XI. Although Leno is yet to keep a clean sheet in his first five appearances for the Whites, he has made a number of impressive saves and was crucial as the Whites beat Brighton and Forest in recent weeks.

Another player who has been important for the Whites so far this term is Aleksandar Mitrovic, with the Serbian netting six goals already. Only Erling Haaland has scored more (11) in the Premier League and Leno has praised his teammate.

"I think he's our biggest player," Leno added. "Not only with his goals, his performances, the way he keeps the ball, he's the first player pressing.

"I'm very impressed with him. I knew he was good, but I've been impressed by how good he really is. We're very happy to have him in the team.

"He's a good goal scorer, he can keep the ball, he can score a goal out of nothing and, like I said, we are very happy to have him in our team."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fulham-bernd-leno-arsenal-newcastle-28119470

WhiteJC

How Marco Silva masterminded Fulham's fine start
BY JAMIE WOOLLEN

Fulham fans came into the season with a quiet optimism, following the destruction of the Championship the previous year, lifting the trophy in style scoring a record breaking 106 goals. The recent memories of two top-flight relegations in three tempered some of that confident, especially among the pundits – most of whom refused to offer the Whites much chance of survival.

Transfer business, in typical Fulham fashion, came later than was ideal, with many fans joining Marco Silva in questioning the club's recruitment strategy, which left the first team squad exceptionally light at the start of the season. Summer transfer sagas surrounding Manor Solomon and Bernd Leno engulfed our entire summer, but shrewd deals were eventually struck. A mixture of quality players of a European standard as well as some experienced heads were added to bolster the squad.

The opener at Craven Cottage was against Liverpool, intriguing for Fulham to see how signings such as Andreas Pereira and Joao Palhinha went after being named in the starting line-up. The latter particularly proved instrumental in a well earned point against the Champions' League finalists, as well as Aleksandar Mitrovic who silenced his doubters with a well taken brace against one of the best defences in the league, who haven't really looked the same since. A good start.

Wolves at Molineux followed, and another point on the board, though it certainly felt like two dropped after Mitrovic's miss from twelve yards late on. But there were plenty of positives to take from the trip to the Black Country, particularly another excellent display from Tim Ream, who has totally vindicated the head coach's trust in him, in a outstanding start to the campaign after being ridiculed for being both too slow and too old.

Brentford at the Cottage loomed next, with Bees buzzing following their four-goal thrashing of Manchester United. The bus stop boys expected their regular three points at the Cottage and their confidence was well-founded because Fulham in recent years have failed to impress in this derby, outside of Joe Bryan inspired play-off finals. It was sure to be a real test and the Whites eventually came through with flying colours. Palhinha produced another peerless performance, which included a bullet header. In the end, Toney tried to take the headlines but it was Mitrovic's day again: our sensational Serbian sealing all three points with a splendid back post header past David Raya in front of the Hammersmith End. It felt like a massive win – especially after allowing Brentford back into the contest having been 2-0 up, and the relief of a first Premier League victory, as well as some local bragging rights was tangible.

Two agonising away defeats to Spurs and Arsenal were sandwiched another home victory, this time against in-form Brighton, with Mitrovic scoring his fifth goal in as many matches, to show he was right up there amongst the in-form strikers in Europe. Seeing off the Seagulls showed an encouraging change from previous Premier League campaigns, with Fulham possessing the fortitude to hold onto a slender lead in the last half a hour minutes against a team as potent as Brighton, a solidity and ability to see out games fans have probably become unfamiliar. The keep ball in both corners between Tom Cairney and Bobby Decordova-Reid that used up a good couple of minutes of stoppage time was both efficient and highly entertaining.

An extended break in fixtures was perhaps welcomed, allowing for new signings to fully bed themselves into the side, as well as systems being identified in how to get the best out of them. This seemed the case in the most recent fixture against Nottingham Forest, where Issa Diop and Willian were both handed their first league starts for Fulham. There were questions over some selections, like Diop's, after his disappointing display at Crawley, and Ream at left back. But these were put to bed by an assured outing from the Frenchman, underlining Fulham's new found strength in depth at the heart of the defence, something that hasn't been addressed for years. Ream did brilliantly, too, with the highlight being his own Cryuff turn in the corner as time ticked away.

Mitrovic couldn't make it six in six but he was certainly influential, producing a superb pass down the line for the crucial third goal. You might have worried that most of Fulham's goals had come from our number nine, but new scorers made their mark in the space of six second-half minutes at the City Ground. Tosin, Palhinha and Harrison Reed popped up with brilliant goals, with the latter finding the net for the first time in Fulham colours. Those watching at home probably winced as I did as Palhinha jumped into the crowd after putting us 2-1 up, picking up a fifth booking and, therefore, a suspension for Saturday's game against Newcastle. The passion was commendable and the finish probably deserved it, but it does leave Silva with a selection dilemma because the Portuguese enforcer has been brilliant in central midfield. That minor concern can't detract from the quality of brilliant night in Nottingham, three more valuable points to leave Fulham in sixth spot: a brilliant start to the season.

Marco Silva seems to have invigorated this set of players, the majority of which tried and failed in the previous campaign, the likes of Ream, Antonee Robinson and Tosin have proved colossal so far, despite their doubters in pre-season. I'm not sure much more can be asked of this side, except to maintain their magnificent levels of performance to date. It is tempting to say that we might be able to aim higher than merely avoiding relegation, but Silva was right to caution his squad not to get carried away after Forest. Let's see how else this very watchable team can entertain us, starting with Newcastle this weekend.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/09/how-marco-silva-masterminded-fulhams-fine-start/

WhiteJC

Daniel James at Fulham: How's it going? Is he a guaranteed starter yet? How will Leeds United view the deal now?

Daniel James departed Leeds United this summer, just 12 months on from signing permanently for the club from Manchester United, making a switch to fellow Premier League side Fulham on a loan deal until the end of the season.

A somewhat divisive figure during his time at Elland Road, James, 24, has been moved on by the Whites, due to Wilfried Gnonto's arrival, and in the hope of more regular game time elsewhere.

Naturally a winger, he was often used as a makeshift striker last season due to Leeds' lack of fit and available options in attack. He played a total of 40 games for Leeds, scoring four and assisting a further five times.

How exactly has life started for the Welsh international in West London? We take a look...

How's it going?
James has so far only played in two games since joining Fulham, failing to register a goal involvement.

He had played five times for Leeds before making the switch to London, and failed to register a single contribution to a goal in those games, too. A slow start for the Welshman hoping to make the Wales squad ahead of The World Cup in Qatar in November.

The positive for James so far at Fulham is that he has been able to play in his natural wide position since joining, something he has been afforded infrequently since leaving Manchester. The winger has hardly been able to play a long run of games out wide, consistently shifting around the attack for both club and country.

Is he a guaranteed starter?
Unfortunately for James, he has not made himself a starter yet. He came off the bench in both appearances so far. The wide man played 30 minutes against Tottenham Hotspur and 20 against Nottingham Forest.

James may begin to worry about his starting spot for Wales coming under threat if he can't manage more regular starting game time. Before departing, he started twice for Leeds in the league and made a further three appearances off the bench in league and cup competition.

At Fulham he has the likes of Harry Wilson, Manor Solomon, Neeskens Kebano, Bobby Decordova-Reid, and Willian to compete with in the winger and attacking-midfield roles. Perhaps he would have been afforded more game time staying in West Yorkshire.

How will Leeds view this deal?
Leeds have burnt bridges with James, with some claiming his career at Elland Road is all but done reports Phil Hay in a Q&A in The Athletic.

LeedsAllOver sources have indicated that Fulham initially agreed a permanent deal for James but changed their minds late on. Leeds would have obviously preferred the guaranteed cash, be that in a permanent deal or a loan with an obligation to buy.

The transfer is therefore a head scratcher. The only party that may have come out of this one well is Fulham themselves. His value will only drop if he does poorly for them, and Leeds will not maximise the amount they could recoup on the winger they signed for around £25million a year ago.

Do Leeds miss James as an option? Perhaps not, but the move still makes little sense as a loan. James himself will be hoping it works out better than it has started, to put himself in contention to start at The World Cup.

https://www.leedsallover.com/daniel-james-at-fulham-hows-it-going-is-he-a-guaranteed-starter-yet-how-will-leeds-united-view-the-deal-now/

WhiteJC

Fulham v Newcastle United

Newcastle striker Callum Wilson is set to make a timely return for Eddie Howe's side after more than a month out injured

TEAM NEWS
Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic is a doubt after sustaining an ankle injury on Nations League duty with Serbia.

Defender Antonee Robinson could return from a similar issue, while Paulinha serves a one-match ban for collecting five yellow cards.

Newcastle United duo Callum Wilson and Bruno Guimaraes will both be involved, with the former returning after missing four games with a hamstring injury.

Record signing Alexander Isak misses out with a minor thigh issue.

Chris Wood and Allan Saint-Maximin will face fitness tests, while Emil Krafth, Jonjo Shelvey and Karl Darlow remain out.

CHRIS SUTTON'S PREDICTION
Newcastle aren't on a particularly good run and have only won once this season, but I like the way they play and they have deserved more from a couple of games they have drawn so far.

But the Magpies might be short up front here, so I'm going for a draw. Being honest, Fulham have surprised me with the way they have started this season so well and they have a bit of confidence in defence as well as their attack. They clearly believe in the way they play.

Prediction: 1-1

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

Fulham have one victory from their past seven Premier League fixtures against Newcastle (D2, L4).
    Newcastle could win three successive league matches at Craven Cottage for the first time.

Fulham

Fulham are vying to win three top-flight home games in a row for the first time in more than 10 years.
    The Cottagers have won three of their last five Premier League matches. Their previous three victories spanned 30 games.
    Aleksandar Mitrovic has scored eight goals in his last seven appearances in all competitions, including a hat-trick for Serbia in the Nations League.
    Mitrovic could become the first top-flight player to score in a promoted side's opening four home games since Peter Beardsley for Newcastle in 1984-85.
    Marco Silva is aiming to become the first Premier League boss to beat an opposition manager with four different teams. He has previously defeated Eddie Howe while in charge of Hull City, Watford and Everton.

Newcastle United

Newcastle have drawn five and lost one of their six league games since an opening-day victory over Nottingham Forest.
    Eddie Howe's side have won just two of their past nine top-flight away matches, beating relegated Norwich City and Burnley last season.
    The Magpies have only lost two of their past 18 Premier League fixtures against newly-promoted sides, winning seven and drawing nine.
    Callum Wilson has scored three times in three top-flight fixtures against Fulham.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63017872

WhiteJC

Fulham talisman Aleksandar Mitrovic plotting Newcastle downfall after outduelling Erling Haaland

Aleksandar Mitrovic bids to continue his red-hot form by downing his former club Newcastle at Craven Cottage tomorrow.

The Fulham striker has scored 10 in nine games this season and netted his 50th goal for Serbia as he came out on top against Manchester City goal machine Erling Haaland in a 2-0 win in Norway on Tuesday.

Mitrovic has never scored, or been on the winning side, in three games against Newcastle since he left St James' Park for £27million in 2018.

The 28-year-old was seen with heavy strapping on his right ankle after Serbia's win in Norway, but he hopes to play, knowing a win could move Fulham into the top four.

"I think he's our biggest player," said Fulham goalkeeper Bernd Leno, who has been impressed by Mitrovic's all-round game. "Not only with his goals, the way he keeps the ball, he's the first player pressing.

"I am very impressed with him. I knew he was good, but I have been impressed by how good he really is. He's a good goalscorer, he can keep the ball, he can score a goal out of nothing and we are very happy to have him in our team."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-aleksandar-mitrovic-newcastle-erling-haaland-b1029360.html

WhiteJC

Former Fulham boss emerges as one of the early favourites for Hull City job

Ex-Fulham manager is a name in the frame for vacant Championship post

Former Fulham boss Scott Parker has emerged as one of the early favourites for the Hull City job.

The Tigers are in the hunt for a new manager following their decision to sack Shota Arveladze.

Parker, 41, is available following his departure from AFC Bournemouth at the end of August.

BetVictor have made the former West Ham United and Tottenham Hotspur midfielder the 6/1 favourite for the Tigers' vacancy, whilst SkyBet have him at 9/1 (as of 14:00, 30.09.22).

Other names in the frame on SkyBet are Chris Hughton (7/1), David Wagner (9/1), Liam Rosenior (10/1), Tony Pulis (10/1) and Sean Dyche (12/1).

Promotion winner
Parker knows what it takes to get promoted out of the Championship. He guided Fulham to promotion to the Premier League in 2020 via the play-offs and his Bournemouth side came 2nd last term.

He hung up his boots in 2019 and was handed his first managerial role by the Cottagers before going on to win 35.2% of games in charge of the London outfit.

Hull are currently sat in 20th place in the second tier and have parted company with Arveladze after four straight defeats.

The Tigers have an ambitious owner in Acun Ilicali and brought in 16 new faces over the summer including ex-Cottagers pair Jean Michael Seri and Cyrus Christie.

They are in action this evening at home to Luton Town and have placed former defender Andy Dawson in caretaker charge until a successor is found.

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/fulham/former-fulham-boss-emerges-as-one-of-the-early-favourites-for-hull-city-job-3862959

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Marco Silva drops Aleksandar Mitrovic injury hint ahead of Newcastle United reunion

Aleksandar Mitrovic looks set to face his former employers when Newcastle United travel to Fulham this weekend

Fulham boss Marco Silva appeared to hint Aleksandar Mitrovic is fit to face Newcastle United after images emerged of the Serbia striker with a bandage strapped around his foot on international duty. The former Magpies forward featured in both of his country's games over the break as they earned Nations League promotion following wins over Sweden and Norway.

However, after notching in Tuesday's 2-0 win against the latter, Mitrovic left the Ullevaal Stadion in Oslo with strapping around his right ankle. The 28-year-old is said to have suffered a slight knock in the first group game against Sweden before soldiering on for a further 90 minutes against Erling Haaland's Norway.

Speaking to the media on Friday, Silva hinted Mitrovic will be available to face his former club at Craven Cottage this weekend. "He doesn't need to play against Newcastle to be motivated," the Portuguese coach said.

"He's always motivated to play in the Fulham shirt or for the national team. He's not just a goal scorer for us he is much more important than that. He will keep helping his team, and the national team, with goals and assists."

Mitrovic scored his 50th Serbia goal this week before enjoying a post-match pizza in the dressing room to celebrate. The next time he pulls on a national jersey will be to face Bruno Guimaraes and Brazil at the World Cup, before coming up against Switzerland's Fabian Schar days later.

This weekend will see the former St James' Park striker come up against former club team-mates as he looks to continue his fine form in front of goal. Mitrovic failed to hold down a regular starting role on Tyneside and ex-Newcastle star Mohamed Diame admits his old friend was right to leave in search of more game time.

"When you see the love Mitro had from the fans, I think he badly wanted to stay at Newcastle and enjoy every weekend with the fans because he had a very strong connection with them," Diame told Chronicle Live this week. "He was sad to leave, of course, but, as a football player, you always want to play so he had to go. You can see he's still scoring goals everywhere so I'm happy for him.

"Maybe some people have got doubts, but people who have been with him in the dressing room don't have doubts when training with him every day about what he can do. If there's one striker you don't want to play against, it's Mitro."

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-marco-silva-drops-25147684

WhiteJC

Team News: Several Being Assessed

Marco Silva will be giving his players as long as possible to prove their fitness before selecting his team to face Newcastle United.

Following an intense international period, which involved a number of players facing long flights home this week, there is still plenty of assessments to be done ahead of Saturday.

"One is suspended and we have some knocks, some guys that we have to keep assessing for tomorrow's match," Silva said in his pre-match press conference. "Not 100 per cent sure about some.

"The only ones we're 100 per cent sure will not be involved are João Palhinha, Harry Wilson and Manor Solomon. The others we have to assess in the next hours, and tomorrow as well, to decide."

Considering his start to life in SW6, Palhinha's absence is a huge blow as he serves a one-game ban for accruing five yellow cards.

"He's important player for us, no doubt about it," Silva said of his compatriot. "He's settled really well.

"No surprise for me. I know him very well. I expected a quick adaptation from him. I think the Premier League suits him really well.

"João is one of the players that settled really well, showing his quality. Unfortunately, he will not be there, so another one has to pop up and show his quality as well."

Antonee Robinson missed our last match through injury but has since returned to training.

He is one of the group still being assessed, but Silva will have Layvin Kurzawa available if needed.

"We have to assess [Robinson] again," he explained. "Let's see. He's doubtful for tomorrow.

"He's trained with us some days during this week, and let's see.

"Let's see what I will decide tomorrow."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/september/30/team-news-several-being-assessed/

WhiteJC

Marco Silva admits these three Fulham players will miss Newcastle United match – Others need assessed

A trio of Fulham players will definitely miss the Newcastle United match.

The Cottagers playing Eddie Howe's team at 3pm on Saturday afternoon at Craven Cottage.

Marco Silva giving his pre-match press conference on Friday afternoon.

The team boss saying that as well the three Fulham players who definitely miss the game, others who have picked up 'knocks' also have to be assessed as to whether they will be available to start after the international break.

Marco Silva press conference:
"Manor Solomon (knee injury), Joao Palhinha (suspension) and Harry Wilson (knee injury) will not be involved, we have others with knocks who will need to be assessed (to see if they are available.

Marco Silva asked whether Aleksandar Mitrovic will have extra motivation if able to start against his former club:

"He doesn't need motivation.

He's always motivated to play in the Fulham shirt or for the national team."

Marco Silva asked about Newcastle United:
"Eddie Howe has made a huge impact.

"The power that they showed in the past two (transfer) windows, the players they signed and the quality, makes them a really tough team to beat."

Marco Silva on Fulham's form so far (in sixth place on 11 points after seven PL games:
"Everyone knows our target.

"Everyone knows it's difficult for clubs who have come from different divisions to settle (after promotion).

"We've had a good start but it's just seven games."

The big question is, will Aleksandar Mitrovic be in the starting eleven on Saturday?

The assumption has to be that he is one of those Fulham players that Silva says he will have to 'assess' to see who will be available tomorrow.

Mitro was reported to have suffered a 'slight knock' after scoring a hat-trick in a 4-1 victory for Serbia over Sweden on Saturday. Last weekend's result meaning that if Serbia could beat Norway on Tuesday night, they would win their Nations League group and achieve two promotions in a row, heading into the top tier.

Aleksandar Mitrovic is always keen to play for his country but with a Premier League match coming up four days later, whether Mitro would have then still started in Norway on Turesday night if it hadn't been for this carrot of winning the group, is an unknown.

Anyway, the Fulham striker did start and scored the second goal in an excellent 2-0 victory for Serbia, playing the whole match until subbed in added time.

That goal was also the 50th for Serbia in just 76 appearances for Aleksandar Mitrovic.

After the Norway match though, FPL Focal pictured Mitro with heavy strapping on his right ankle.

Aleksandar Mitrovic is yet to score a goal or win a game against Newcastle United since leaving St James' Park but he couldn't have started the season in better form though. for club and country, ten goals in just the nine games.

Mitro is yet to really convince in the Premier League but has made a great start this time, with six PL goals already...

Aleksandar Mitrovic record at Fulham in the league since leaving Newcastle United:
2017/18 season – 12 goals in 20 Championship games (18 starts and 2 sub appearances)

2018/19 season – 11 goals in 37 Premier League games (37 starts and 0 sub appearances)

2019/20 season – 26 goals in 41 Championship games (40 starts and 1 sub appearance)

2020/21 season – 3 goals in 27 Premier League games (13 starts and 14 sub appearances)

2021/22 season – 43 goals in 44 Championship games (44 starts and 0 sub appearances)

2012/23 season – 6 goals in 7 Premier League games (7 starts and 0 sub appearances)

With 21 goals in 71 Premier League appearances for the Craven Cottage club and 81 goals in 105 Championship appearances with Fulham, can Mitro make this his real breakthrough PL season in terms of proving his doubters wrong?

A waiting game now then to see whether he will face Newcastle United on Saturday.

With Palhinha already missing through suspension, if Mitro is ruled out it would mean that arguably the best two Fulham players, certainly on the basis of performances this season, would be missing.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2022/09/marco-silva-admits-these-three-fulham-players-will-miss-newcastle-united-match-others-need-assessed/

WhiteJC

Pre-Newcastle Press Conference

Marco Silva was impressed with the immediate impact Eddie Howe had in Newcastle following his appointment in November.

The club were winless in the Premier League when Howe took over, but he went on to lead them to an 11th place finish.

This season they have not won since the opening day, though the flipside is that they have only tasted defeat on one occasion, too.

"Firstly, Eddie made a huge, huge impact last season on Newcastle, the way they finished, when they showed the quality," Silva said. "They are really well managed with Eddie, I think he's doing a very, very good job.

"But we are at home. Against all the teams in this competition we are full of motivation to match them. At home we are really strong.

"It will be tough for us but will it be tough for them, I'm 100 per cent sure, as well. I think the Cottage can play a key role in tomorrow's match again and, of course, we are confident.

"There are some things that we have to improve, definitely. But Eddie and Newcastle know that it will be tough for them as well.

"Of course they just won one game, but they only lost one as well. They have ensured that they are really tough to beat.

"It's a team that is really dangerous when it's an open game, with some really nice players in the attack line.

"One-v-one they are really strong as well and they have three midfielders with capacity on the ball.

"They are a physical team, they are really strong in this respect as well, and I think it will be a good game and both teams will want to win."

Following their recent takeover, Newcastle have spent heavily in the last two transfer windows, notably bringing Brazil international midfielder Bruno Guimaraes to Tyneside, before smashing their transfer record with the £63m arrival of forward Alexander Isak.

"The last January market made a big impact on their squad," Silva stated. "Top, top quality they signed.

"I think Bruno Guimaraes is probably one of the best examples, I think he is a top, top, top quality player.

"And they did it again last window, they have this capacity, they have this power.

"They signed a striker. We signed 11 players and didn't get close to the price they paid for that striker. That shows the power they have, the quality there."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/september/30/pre-newcastle-press-conference/

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic does not need extra Newcastle motivation, says Marco Silva

The Fulham forward has scored five goals already this season ahead of facing his former club

Marco Silva insisted Aleksandar Mitrovic does not need the added motivation of playing against his former club Newcastle on Saturday to perform.

The Serbia forward has had an impressive start to the season and has found the net five times for Fulham.

Mitrovic netted his 50th Serbia goal on Tuesday, his fourth in two matches during the recent international break, and Silva praised his top goalscorer.

"He doesn't need that motivation (of playing against his former club), he doesn't need to play against Newcastle to be motivated," the Fulham boss said.

"Mitrovic is always full of motivation to play with a Fulham Football Club shirt or with his national team, that is the motivation for him, to play football matches, to be involved with his team-mates, to keep playing with his connection with me and my staff as well, that is the motivation for him, he doesn't need other motivations.

"After, when he is on the pitch, he is always doing something to help the team to win football matches."

Silva hinted that winger Harry Wilson could be nearing a return and may be able to take part in training in two weeks.

The Wales international has not played this season after sustaining a serious knee ligament injury in a behind-closed-doors friendly ahead of the start of the Premier League campaign, raising doubts over the possibility of being able to play for his country at the World Cup.

"It's difficult to say (when he will be back), when you have this type of injury, in the knee, in that ligament. He could give some steps forward. But, after, something comes and you have some steps back," Silva said.

"He's going normal, probably we expected him to be a bit more ready right now than he is, but in 10 to 15 days we can see him train, be more confident with the team and, after, it's up to him to get in the shape he can to be a solution for our team and the national team."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/marco-silva-aleksandar-mitrovic-newcastle-fulham-serbia-b2183992.html

WhiteJC

England, Bulgaria or Nigeria - Bristol Rovers and Fulham winger faced with tough decision

He is eligible for three countries but has yet to pledge his alegience

Bristol Rovers winger Sylvester Jasper says he is yet to decide who he will represent in international football.

The 21-year-old is eligible for three countries; England, Bulgaria and Nigeria, but has not yet pledged his allegiance to one country.

Jasper was born in London and came through the Queens Park Rangers academy before joining Fulham, who are his parent club.

His parents however come from different continents with his dad being from Nigeria, whilst his mum is Bulgarian. He represented the Three Lions at under-15's level but last year he played for his mum's country of birth.

Capped four-times at Under-21's level for Bulgaria, he played for them as recently as March, but hasn't yet committed fully to representing them.

His family however on his mum's side have been able to watch him in action and got to see him represent her country in vital qualifying matches.

Opening up on his story, he explained: "My mum is fully Bulgarian, my dad is from Nigeria. Last season, I represented them for the first time.

"It was a nice experience, my family are from Bulgaria, my family got to see me play for the first time live which was cool."

International football throws up opportunities such as playing against the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo in qualifying matches, taking players to different countries to explore new cultures.

Neither Bulgaria or Nigeria have qualified for the World Cup, but both could be an option to Jasper should he impress either manager with a good run of form at the Memorial Stadium.

"I haven't decided what country I am going to be playing for yet," he revealed.

"I could represent England, Nigeria or Bulgaria. I feel like I am good enough to play for all three personally."

Jasper's first task will be to get into Joey Barton's starting eleven after four consecutive substitute appearances.

He played 61 minutes since joining on Deadline Day from West London, and has shown glimpses of what he can do.

"I'm taking it one step at a time," he said.

"I've got to establish a place in the team and start playing how I know I can play. We'll see what happens."

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-rovers/bristol-rovers-and-fulham-winger-faced-with-tough-decision-england-bulgaria-or-nigeria-3863182

WhiteJC

'Fully motivated' Mitrovic won't have an extra edge against former club Newcastle – Silva

Fulham boss Marco Silva insists Aleksandar Mitrovic does not need the added motivation of playing against his former club Newcastle United on Saturday to put in a good performance.

The Serbia forward has had an impressive start to the season and has found the net five times for Fulham.

Mitrovic netted his 50th Serbia goal on Tuesday, his fourth in two matches during the recent international break, and Silva praised his top goalscorer.

"He doesn't need that motivation (of playing against his former club), he doesn't need to play against Newcastle to be motivated," the Fulham boss said.

"Mitrovic is always full of motivation to play with a Fulham Football Club shirt or with his national team, that is the motivation for him, to play football matches, to be involved with his team-mates, to keep playing with his connection with me and my staff as well, that is the motivation for him, he doesn't need other motivations.

"After, when he is on the pitch, he is always doing something to help the team to win football matches."

After returning late from international duty, the Serbian will be assessed but is expected to play against his former club.

However, Silva could be without a number of players as Fulham prepare to check on a few including Antonee Robinson. Manor Solomon and Harry Wilson remain on the sidelines with Joao Palhinha suspended.

Newcastle boss Eddie Howe will make a series of late calls ahead of kick-off at Craven Cottage.

Striker Callum Wilson is back in training after a five-game lay-off with a hamstring injury, as are midfielder Bruno Guimaraes (thigh) and wide-man Allan Saint-Maximin (hamstring), and all three could be involved.

Chris Wood (rib) and fellow frontman Alexander Isak (thigh) remain doubts, while keeper Karl Darlow (ankle), defender Emil Krafth (knee) and midfielder Jonjo Shelvey are still on the casualty list.

Silva hinted that winger Harry Wilson could be nearing a return and may be able to take part in training in two weeks.

The Wales international has not played this season after sustaining a serious knee ligament injury in a behind-closed-doors friendly ahead of the start of the Premier League campaign, raising doubts over the possibility of being able to play for his country at the World Cup.

"It's difficult to say (when he will be back), when you have this type of injury, in the knee, in that ligament. He could give some steps forward. But, after, something comes and you have some steps back," Silva said.

"He's going normal, probably we expected him to be a bit more ready right now than he is, but in 10 to 15 days we can see him train, be more confident with the team and, after, it's up to him to get in the shape he can to be a solution for our team and the national team."

https://www.football365.com/news/fully-motivated-mitrovic-wont-have-an-extra-edge-against-former-club-newcastle-silva

WhiteJC

Robinson and Kebano among doubts for Newcastle clash

Antonee Robinson and Neeskens Kebano are among a number of Fulham players who could miss the Premier League clash with Newcastle on Saturday.

Robinson was taken off during the 2-1 defeat by Tottenham earlier this month with an ankle injury and missed the 3-2 win over Nottingham Forest.

The left-back has since returned to training and could make his return to action against the Magpies, but remains a doubt.

Fellow left-back Layvin Kurzawa could feature for the first time after signing on loan from Paris-St Germain in the summer transfer window, with Fulham boss Marco Silva confirming that he is ready to play.

But Kebano is also among the players set to be assessed ahead of the game after taking a knock while playing for the DR Congo.

"He is one of the players we have to assess," Silva said.

"It's not just one, we have more players to assess before the match. We have to assess them to see if they are in a condition for the match.

"Some players arrived late. Bobby Reid arrived really late from the game and the same with Mitro. We have to assess some of them before the match.

"We have to assess Robinson again. He's a doubt. He trained on some days with us this week, so let's see."

Harry Wilson and Manor Solomon remain out due to knee injuries, while Joao Palhinha is suspended, having picked up five yellow cards.

But Aleksandar Mitrovic looks set to be involved against his former club, though will still undergo an assessment ahead of the game after playing twice for Serbia over the international break.

"Now, he will be available. We have to assess him tomorrow again, but he will be available," Silva said.

"He did the session with the team this morning.

"He played two games (for Serbia) and in the first game, as you know, he came off after the third goal he scored and the last game he played the 90 minutes.

"We have to assess him to see, but he will be available."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/robinson-and-kebano-among-doubts-for-newcastle-clash

WhiteJC

Fulham star Wilson edging closer to return

Fulham's Harry Wilson is edging closer to making his return from injury.

Wilson is yet to play this season because of a ligament injury in his knee.

But while boss Marco Silva admits that he expected him to be further along in his recovery by now, he hopes it will not be too long before the 25-year-old can make his return.

"It's difficult to say (when he will return)," Silva said.

"When we have these type of injuries in the beginning, in that ligament as well, he can have some steps forward and then something comes and there's some steps back as well.

"He's doing normal, I can say. We expected him to be a bit more ready right now than he really is but let's hope in 10 days or 15 days we can see him train with more confidence in the team, then after this we can get him in the best shape we can to be a solution for me and for our team, and for the national team as well.

"He's okay and he's already training. He was part of the session with the team and in other moments he's in the gym to for him to get in the best shape he can.

"I think he's going well but these type of things can take five or ten days more than we expected.

"Hopefully, next week , he starts to do more with us and he starts to feel well, and he can be involved as well. I think it will be something that is not so long right now."

Meanwhile, Antonee Robinson and Neeskens Kebano are among the Fulham players who will be assessed ahead of the game with Newcastle, though striker Aleksandar Mitrovic is expected to play.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/silva-provides-update-on-injured-fulham-star

WhiteJC

Mr Khan's Programme Notes

Have a read of Mr Khan's notes which will appear in the Newcastle United matchday programme.

Welcome back from the international break and, on behalf of everyone at Fulham Football Club, it's good to see you again at Craven Cottage as we resume Premier League play with a match against our guests from Newcastle United. To our home and visiting supporters alike, I thank you for choosing to spend your afternoon with us at the Cottage!

It's hard to believe we didn't have a home match the entire month of September, but today is indeed our first appearance at Craven Cottage since our 2-1 win vs. Brighton & Hove Albion on 30 August. We anticipated the recent hiatus related to the final international window ahead of the World Cup next month in Qatar, but understandably football and virtually the entire world stood still with the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

I respect the Premier League's decision to postpone all games, including our scheduled home match against Chelsea, the weekend following her death. Had we played, it's possible we'd be experiencing a sense of remorse that may have lingered for a very long time. I believe the tributes the Premier League paid to Her Majesty at matches once we resumed the following weekend were exceptionally strong, and their impact greater because we stopped play and took a few days to reflect upon a life well lived.

Queen Elizabeth was part of my life for as long as I can remember. I grew up in the 1950s in Lahore, Pakistan, which was a colony of Great Britain just before I was born. "The sun never sets on the British Empire" was an expression we came to understand and respect early on at Cathedral School, and the positive influence Great Britain had on my homeland and the subcontinent – infrastructure, education, laws and much more – was significant. At Cathedral, it was common to find photos of Queen Elizabeth throughout campus, even years after Pakistan gained independence. Though she was far away and not part of our daily lives, I came to understand and revere the wisdom, kindness and grace of Queen Elizabeth, and the same could be said for my classmates, friends and family. I will remember Her Majesty today for those very characteristics, and I extend my respect and condolences to her family and the people of Great Britain on a loss that continues to be felt by millions around the world.

Today is our annual Fulham Football Club Foundation Matchday, and we celebrate it upon the occasion of the organisation's 20th anniversary. Our reputation in the game as a first-class, family-oriented and community-minded club is due in part to the wonderful work of our FFC Foundation, whose efforts sometimes go unnoticed but never underappreciated by the causes it supports. If you're able to, I hope you'll make a donation to the FFC Foundation today at collection points inside or near Craven Cottage, or anytime by visiting the Fulham Club website. Your generosity is always valued and important to the Foundation's success. Thank you!

We will also pay tribute today to a Fulham legend who recently passed away, Fred Callaghan, with a minute's applause before kick-off. Longtime supporters will remember Fred as a mainstay at left back for Fulham from 1964 to 1974, and he was one of the rare players of any era who enjoyed a long playing career at one club. Then, at the half, we will honour our friend Kevin McDonald with the Forever Fulham award. Kevin is healthy following his kidney transplant and epitomses what it means to be Forever Fulham. The fact Kevin is currently training with our U21 squad as he seeks a future club is evidence of his fitness, but more importantly speaks to his determination that we all fell in love with the moment he arrived at Fulham in 2016. I'm also happy to hear that Fraser McDonald, Kevin's older brother who donated one of his kidneys to Kevin, is also doing well. Congratulations and best of luck, Kevin, and continued good health to the McDonalds!

Above all else, it's simply fantastic to be back at Craven Cottage given our form through seven matches, our sixth-place position in the Premier League table and already a number of moments on the pitch that will be remembered at Fulham for a long time. Two highlights that stand out for me so far are Aleksandar Mitrović's game-winner in the 90th minute vs. Brentford and the three-goal outburst within six minutes of the second half that secured victory at Nottingham Forest. By the way, well done Harrison Reed on your first goal for Fulham – we're happy it came in Premier League competition!

While the goals have certainly been pleasing, just as impressive have been the excellent shifts on the backline, the command of goalkeeper Bernd Leno, the overall energy of our players, the superb direction of Head Coach Marco Silva and his staff with their assignments and smart substitutions, and much more. The Premier League season is long and unforgiving, as we've experienced ourselves in recent years. There are many challenges ahead, beginning today against a Newcastle team that also is in the top half of the table and can catch us today in points with a win. However, I'm nonetheless happy for our team and especially thrilled for our supporters, who have waited a long time for such an enjoyable start to a top-flight campaign.

It also gives me great pleasure to welcome Issa Diop and Carlos Vinicius on permanent transfers, Willian as a free agent, and Dan James and Layvin Kurzawa on season loans. All arrived near or at the close of the transfer window to conclude what I believe was good off-season business, and faithful to our ideology of assembling a Premier League-quality team with new players to complement the talent that last year helped us win a Championship and promotion. Our moves meant having to say farewell to Marlon Fossey on a permanent transfer and season loans arranged for Rodrigo Muniz, Anthony Knockaert, Ivan Cavaleiro, Terence Kongolo, Paulo Gazzaniga, Tyrese Francois, Joe Bryan and Jay Stansfield. I hope their destinations this season will be personally and professionally fulfilling.

I especially wish the very best for young Jay Stansfield at Exeter City, where he occupies the No. 9 shirt that had been retired after the passing of his father and club legend Adam Stansfield. This is among the best stories in football this season, and one that I will follow with great interest. Good luck, Jay!

On the subject of talented youngsters developed here at Fulham, we are all very proud of Luke Harris, who was called up to the senior Wales National Team. That's quite a tribute for a 17-year-old, but one that is richly deserved. Luke and other Academy scholars recently signed pro contracts with Fulham, and we've loaned out a number of our Academy players so they may experience first team football this season. What this all means is our Academy is dynamic, successful and will continue to be a signature element to the future of Fulham Football Club.

Finally, after a brief spell away from Motspur Park, I'd like to welcome back Lauren Armstrong upon her return to the Fulham FC Women's Team. Lauren, a full-back, was a charter member of our women's squad that reformed in 2014 and has since played for Crystal Palace, Queens Park Rangers and Whyteleafe. Lauren will add defensive strength to our back line and help to advance the profile of the Fulham FC Women.

If you are unfamiliar with our women's team, go to @FulhamFCWomen on Twitter or, better yet, support us in person at 2pm this Sunday at the Trafalgar Ground when we face the Newhaven Ladies in the Vitality Women's FA Cup. Another option is to come out to Motspur Park for a home match. All of our women's fixtures can be found at fulhamfc.com. Best wishes to the Fulham FC Women, tomorrow and all season long!

Thank you for taking the time to read my notes. As I wrap them up, it strikes me that we have many good things happening in and around your Club, including another sellout today at Craven Cottage with additional seating opening in the upper level of the new Riverside Stand. It's a good time to belong to the Fulham Football Club family, I appreciate your support, and it's my hope you're rewarded this afternoon with another entertaining performance and positive result here at Craven Cottage. You deserve it!

Come on, Fulham!

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/september/30/mr-khans-programme-notes/