watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Upper section of Riverside Stand.

Started by sarnian, October 02, 2022, 07:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarnian

Decided to get seats in R12 of the Riverside which were at the back of the open section and halfway back in the whole stand.  Steps are quite steep so don't sit fight at the back if your asthmatic.

The view was great and depending on price would happily return there next season although we like our current seats near the back of P3 in the Putney End. However the view of the pitch is much better from the Riverside and it is easier to see the action at both ends.

Big queues for refreshments and toilets at half time and to get in through the Hammersmith End. We did not really get any time to look round properly because like many travel to the game was terrible. We normally get the train and tube from Gatwick but because of the train strike our cab from Gatwick took over 2 hours with the return journey about the same.  Stayed overnight and flew home this morning.

Apart from being able to sample the Riverside seats it was all in all a shite day, shite travel and shite game.

Ah well there's always 2 weeks time to look forward to hopefully something better 049:gif

SP

Thanks for the update, I'm in the lower section.  I don't think there's a better view than fron the middle centre but I'm sure they're all good views from the Upper section.

Sorry to hear you didn't get a chance to try the candy floss, maybe next time 😊

Surlyc

What are the facilities like for those in the Riverside? Is the stand actually anywhere near completion internally?

sarnian

Only got to our seats just before the teams shook hands and left minutes before the end to catch our rearranged cab.
I imagine things will get very cramped around the concourse when fully opened.

They are only using the lower stairs so it's impossible to go higher to see how the internal fitting is going on anything bar the concourse.

Entering and leaving should be easier when the Putney turnstiles open .

HamsterWheel

I sat in the topmost of the open rows in the first half (swapped with missus for the second half).
Stewards wouldn't let anyone pop up higher than that to take a pic (elf'n'safety).
My thoughts...
Don't go there if you suffer from vertigo... its steep. Thankfully nobody stood up apart from the minutes applause.
Legroom is no better than the Hammy
Seats are padded and a tad nicer
There was ZERO atmosphere there, no shouting or swearing
You're a bit close to the pitch so can only just see the touchline on the Riverside side.
The speakers are LOUD!
The loos were empty and a bit like Emirates, no swillage...
Nice area to stand by the river with a beer, probably be quite packed when fully open
You can see all of London, which was summat to look at better than the Fulham performance

I can't see myself wanting to move there, the atmosphere is just too tourist. Bloke and son next to me had pies then opened up theatre style little tubs of ice cream.

Oh, and one other thing. Fulham really need to mark on the stairway which seat numbers are in which direction as all the tourist were trudging about with no idea. Same as the rest of the ground to be honest, it's not difficult to solve!!

Surlyc

Thank you both for the insight.

It's probably going to feel touristy through most of the stand until some season ticket holders move in. Not sure how many are going to want to move back from the Putney End though with the likely prices! I have no desire to move from my seat in the Hammersmith End, although I would like to try the new stand at some point.