even kg,s staying

Started by wadey, January 07, 2011, 10:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Kagisho Dikgacoi extends Fulham stay

Jan 7 2011

By Jacob Murtagh

Kagisho Dikgacoi

FULHAM boss Mark Hughes has moved to quash speculation about Kagisho Dikgacoi's future.

The 26-year-old has made just one appearance under Hughes, and has been linked with a move to clubs in England and abroad.

But the Whites have taken up the one-year option on the South African to tie him to Craven Cottage until 2012.

Hughes said: "KG's a good player, and like a number of players who aren't playing, there's a little bit of frustration I'm sure.

"He's a player we want to keep here. We've taken up the option on his contract so that shows our intent in his regards.

"We don't intend to let him out either. We will try and keep players who can have an impact for us at the club."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/01/07/kagisho-dikgacoi-extends-fulham-stay-82029-27950767/#ixzz1AOOz7Uns

Bilet

Hmm, he clearly stated that he wants a move away from Fulham. With Sidwell signing and Greening still in the squad will he be loaned out to a Championship-club for the coming 6 months? Would be very hard for him to get a chance and settle without getting any time on the pitch and with all the midfielders in the squad I really can't see that happening...

finnster01

"We don't intend to let him out either. We will try and keep players who can have an impact for us at the club."

And exactly what impact would that be? He is on target for making 2 appearances for Fulham over the next year.

That must have been a very cheap option.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

SmithyFFC

Very good news imo, well done Sparky, top marks for today  :045:
FTID

os5889

LBNo11

...good news as far as I'm concerned, good back up and loads of potential, happy to hear it. Now learn from your elders son, watch how they work, absorb their way of playing, their awareness, their ability to break up play and distribute the ball and how they read the game and you'll go far; just a bit more patience...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Tom

Fulham for life!

ScalleysDad

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 07, 2011, 10:56:20 PM
...good news as far as I'm concerned, good back up and loads of potential, happy to hear it. Now learn from your elders son, watch how they work, absorb their way of playing, their awareness, their ability to break up play and distribute the ball and how they read the game and you'll go far; just a bit more patience...

do you know who he is being loaned out to then ????????

Mr Fulham

Quote from: finnster01 on January 07, 2011, 10:52:55 PM

And exactly what impact would that be? He is on target for making 2 appearances for Fulham over the next year.

He could see further involvement in the next years. His development in training must be good and Hughes sees talent in him. I think he'll be involved more and more. Good player, still progressing. Very nice. :Sparkyticus:

finnster01

Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 08, 2011, 01:25:05 AM
Quote from: finnster01 on January 07, 2011, 10:52:55 PM

He could see further involvement in the next years. His development in training must be good and Hughes sees talent in him. I think he'll be involved more and more. Good player, still progressing. Very nice. :Sparkyticus:
I'll believe it when I see it.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Mr Fulham

Quote from: finnster01 on January 08, 2011, 01:35:25 AM

I'll believe it when I see it.

Yeah...but he had a fantastic World Cup and has impressed me when he played in the Premiership, had some decent games last season.

I still think he's better than Etuhu.

cebu

I wouldn't mind seeing him get a chance instead of Etuhu. Then it's sink or swim.

BalDrick

Says to me they've found someone to take Greening off our hands - I reckon they were wanting to get shot of one of the two. In that regard, a good thing.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

TonyGilroy

Exercising the option may just mean that we can get a fee for him.

He hasn't played often but always looked OK. Good enough to want to see more but not good enough to force his way into the team. I wouldn't write him off yet but he'll need to up his game.

Burt

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 08, 2011, 10:20:10 AM
He hasn't played often but always looked OK. Good enough to want to see more but not good enough to force his way into the team. I wouldn't write him off yet but he'll need to up his game.

Sums it up nicely.