more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic

Started by perry geyton, October 03, 2022, 06:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Quote from: SerbianLad on October 04, 2022, 03:39:07 PM
First of all, I'm not sure how you view international games that England is playing but, here in Serbia, international games are what matters the most. Club games are good, but when Serbia plays it's much more special (samo goes for other sports). Even friendly games are very important to most fans and players.

Secondly, those games were far from friendlies as we had to win both games to get into second pot at Euro Qualifiers draw. While England will be a favourite to get one of the top two spots that get you to the Euros no matter what pot they occupy, we really needed that 2nd pot because it would have been a much harder task otherwise. While we have been to most World Cups, we haven't qualified for Euros since 2000 (which is weird since WC qualifiers are much tougher). We desperatelly want to be at the next European Championship.

Thirdly, these games were last preparation games for Qatar (apart from a game against Bahrein, few days before the WC) , where we have high ambitions.

And lastly Mitro's passion for Serbia is unmatched. He cried in the interview when he broke the all time scoring record, he played and scored the winner against Portugal in that must win qualifier even though he had a stomach virus(that's why he didn't start), etc.
I respect that coming from Serbia but I'm English and have zero respect for our national team currently and for the past 20 odd years

Club over country all day long

But your right he's Serbian and has a point to prove but just lighten up a little on irrelevant games

All I'm saying is

perry geyton

Quote from: simplyfulham on October 04, 2022, 03:33:37 PM
This might not be your brightest thread Perry.

But I'd happily put up the cab fair to ferry you over to Motspur Park so you can tell Mitro directly what you think about him representing his country in the Nations League. Just so long as I can watch the aftermath.

I'll even phone the ambulance on your behalf  :005:
Nations league ? Never heard of it

Personally I thought it was one of my brighter moments and be my guest I'll send my boy Abu over there to have a word with him instead

SerbianLad

Quote from: perry geyton on October 04, 2022, 05:24:18 PM
First of all, I'm not sure how you view international games that England is playing but, here in Serbia, international games are what matters the most. Club games are good, but when Serbia plays it's much more special (samo goes for other sports). Even friendly games are very important to most fans and players.

Secondly, those games were far from friendlies as we had to win both games to get into second pot at Euro Qualifiers draw. While England will be a favourite to get one of the top two spots that get you to the Euros no matter what pot they occupy, we really needed that 2nd pot because it would have been a much harder task otherwise. While we have been to most World Cups, we haven't qualified for Euros since 2000 (which is weird since WC qualifiers are much tougher). We desperatelly want to be at the next European Championship.

Thirdly, these games were last preparation games for Qatar (apart from a game against Bahrein, few days before the WC) , where we have high ambitions.

And lastly Mitro's passion for Serbia is unmatched. He cried in the interview when he broke the all time scoring record, he played and scored the winner against Portugal in that must win qualifier even though he had a stomach virus(that's why he didn't start), etc.
I respect that coming from Serbia but I'm English and have zero respect for our national team currently and for the past 20 odd years

Club over country all day long

But your right he's Serbian and has a point to prove but just lighten up a little on irrelevant games

All I'm saying is
I understand your sentiment, but as I already said to us and to Mitro, these games weren't irrelevant. They greatly increased our chances of going to an European Championship after 20+, which is our dream.

LC

I haven't read through the messages but representing your country is probably the greatest privilege any sports person can have. Whether they were competitive or friendly games it's somewhat irrelevant. Mitrovic was always going to pick up a knock at some point this season. If we can't cope a couple of games without him then we are in trouble as a club- I think we'll be fine

davew

Quote from: LC on October 04, 2022, 05:42:14 PM
I haven't read through the messages but representing your country is probably the greatest privilege any sports person can have. Whether they were competitive or friendly games it's somewhat irrelevant. Mitrovic was always going to pick up a knock at some point this season. If we can't cope a couple of games without him then we are in trouble as a club- I think we'll be fine
We will be in trouble if he is out for a while, even if it is only 1 match.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Twig

Players rightly take pride in representing their countries whether that is England, Serbia or anywhere else. I get why there are international breaks and I get why players give their all, I don't always enjoy the games (sometimes I do), but I wouldn't scrap international football for all sorts of reasons.

Logicalman

Quote from: perry geyton on October 04, 2022, 05:26:49 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on October 04, 2022, 03:33:37 PM
This might not be your brightest thread Perry.

But I'd happily put up the cab fair to ferry you over to Motspur Park so you can tell Mitro directly what you think about him representing his country in the Nations League. Just so long as I can watch the aftermath.

I'll even phone the ambulance on your behalf  :005:
Nations league ? Never heard of it

Personally I thought it was one of my brighter moments and be my guest I'll send my boy Abu over there to have a word with him instead

just for reference:  https://www.uefa.com/uefanationsleague/

.. as you don't follow the National team, i'll let you know, England were 'relegated' to the 2nd Division (sorry, League B)
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

The Rational Fan

When a player plays football in country away from their home, Internationals become super important to them. When Mitrovic retires that he has done for Serbia will be what matters, probably only a couple of his friends will have ever watch him for Fulham.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: LC on October 04, 2022, 05:42:14 PM

Correct
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 05, 2022, 07:35:47 AM
When a player plays football in country away from their home, Internationals become super important to them. When Mitrovic retires that he has done for Serbia will be what matters, probably only a couple of his friends will have ever watch him for Fulham.

Correct

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Correct

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on October 04, 2022, 09:48:06 PM
Players rightly take pride in representing their countries whether that is England, Serbia or anywhere else. I get why there are international breaks and I get why players give their all, I don't always enjoy the games (sometimes I do), but I wouldn't scrap international football for all sorts of reasons.

Correct

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: perry geyton on October 03, 2022, 06:58:32 PM
As much a I love him someone needs to inform him that Serbian friendlies are not that relevant compared to staying fit for us and playing in the prem,  we are the ones paying him the sill money

I understand in the World Cup but come on now

Incorrect

Never forget your Roots.

Sgt Fulham

Mitro is a passionate player who puts everything into each game. If you want to take that out of him, you stand to lose a lot more than you gain. Personally, I think this thread is a bit insulting to Mitro and Serbia.

FulhamKC

Quote from: hovewhite on October 03, 2022, 07:31:53 PM
He's a big player for Serbia and it's the first time he's come back not fit so be it.

Me too.

Mr White

Has anybody heard a update on his injury ?