watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic

Started by perry geyton, October 03, 2022, 06:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

As much a I love him someone needs to inform him that Serbian friendlies are not that relevant compared to staying fit for us and playing in the prem,  we are the ones paying him the sill money

I understand in the World Cup but come on now

river phoenix

Just to be clear, those games werent friendlies. Game vs Norway was key for seeding for Euro qualifiers, by winning it Serbia got in pot 2 and also move to League A of Nations League.

sarnian

Personally at 2 nil down and 10 men I thought it was a tactical substitution and just feigning an injury.

gang

I think the international break was designed for all countries to play competitive and or friendly games, Serbia is no different to that principle, also it is an honour to play for your country and.Mitro is entitled to have that honour.

hovewhite

He's a big player for Serbia and it's the first time he's come back not fit so be it.

AnotherOldgit

Quote from: sarnian on October 03, 2022, 07:20:16 PM
Personally at 2 nil down and 10 men I thought it was a tactical substitution and just feigning an injury.
My thoughts as well!

MickyAdamsFamily

Not to mention that Serbia has qualified for the World Cup, and that was the final game for them to play together before Qatar.
He is also proud to be his nation's leading all-time goalscorer.

Kingjay81

Whoever tells him he can't play for Serbia needs to be wearing a mouth guard!

perry geyton

Quote from: river phoenix on October 03, 2022, 07:19:04 PM
Just to be clear, those games werent friendlies. Game vs Norway was key for seeding for Euro qualifiers, by winning it Serbia got in pot 2 and also move to League A of Nations League.
Nations league since when was that relevant ? Other then another money spinner for FIFA

They've qualified for the World Cup that's all that matters

perry geyton

Quote from: Kingjay81 on October 03, 2022, 07:44:37 PM
In a game of relevance it's one thing, "the World Cup" for example

perry geyton

Quote from: AnotherOldgit on October 03, 2022, 07:38:42 PM
My thoughts as well!
Let's hope that's the case

Lester Burnham

Quote from: MickyAdamsFamily on October 03, 2022, 07:39:26 PM
Not to mention that Serbia has qualified for the World Cup, and that was the final game for them to play together before Qatar.
He is also proud to be his nation's leading all-time goalscorer.
+1

Lester Burnham

Quote from: Kingjay81 on October 03, 2022, 07:44:37 PM
+1

Somerset Fulham

Of course they are big games for Serbia.

RaySmith

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 04, 2022, 12:31:53 AM
Of course they are big games for Serbia.

I'm sure it means a heck of a lot to him to represent his country, and its presumably in his contract that he be allowed to play for them whenever he's picked.

No time off for Serbian games, and no Mitro, I should think.

LC

Quote from: AnotherOldgit on October 03, 2022, 07:38:42 PM
My thoughts as well!

I saw him limp off at half time, so he was definitely injured. I'm hoping he just felt a little pull and as we were 2-0 down and down to 10 men he thought probably best not to chance it

Bill2

Personally it appears Mitro always come back from international duty injured. Didn't think Serbia qualified fro the World Cup, so disappointed to realise they are.

sarnian

Quote from: Bill2 on October 04, 2022, 03:06:06 PM
Personally it appears Mitro always come back from international duty injured. Didn't think Serbia qualified fro the World Cup, so disappointed to realise they are.

You must be one of the very few who were not aware of Mitros late winner to knock Portugal out and his piss take of Ronaldo afterwards.

simplyfulham

This might not be your brightest thread Perry.

But I'd happily put up the cab fair to ferry you over to Motspur Park so you can tell Mitro directly what you think about him representing his country in the Nations League. Just so long as I can watch the aftermath.

I'll even phone the ambulance on your behalf  :005:

SerbianLad

First of all, I'm not sure how you view international games that England is playing but, here in Serbia, international games are what matters the most. Club games are good, but when Serbia plays it's much more special (samo goes for other sports). Even friendly games are very important to most fans and players.

Secondly, those games were far from friendlies as we had to win both games to get into second pot at Euro Qualifiers draw. While England will be a favourite to get one of the top two spots that get you to the Euros no matter what pot they occupy, we really needed that 2nd pot because it would have been a much harder task otherwise. While we have been to most World Cups, we haven't qualified for Euros since 2000 (which is weird since WC qualifiers are much tougher). We desperatelly want to be at the next European Championship.

Thirdly, these games were last preparation games for Qatar (apart from a game against Bahrein, few days before the WC) , where we have high ambitions.

And lastly Mitro's passion for Serbia is unmatched. He cried in the interview when he broke the all time scoring record, he played and scored the winner against Portugal in that must win qualifier even though he had a stomach virus(that's why he didn't start), etc.