watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Nottm Forest - Cooper extension

Started by Southcoastffc, October 07, 2022, 11:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Nottingham Forest is delighted to announce that Head Coach Steve Cooper has signed a new contract with the Club until 2025.   Interesting, laudable in many ways, but a bit surprising IMO
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Tempest

Been linked to Southampton job so a good move, potentially get compensated for losing him instead of paying him off for sacking him.

Or the owner has had a moment of clarity. 

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

fulhamfever

St Eve

Well I suppose we critisize the Watford's of the world and Burnley's late change last season so credit to them for sticking with him. Not sure it's the right decision but time will tell

Woolly Mammoth

He deserves at least a chance to put things right if he can. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Thailand Mick

Maybe this is a message to some of the players to say get used to Cooper because he's sticking around. Possibly some of them were hoping he would be gone soon. Can't see it changing anything personally and think they will be in a right mess next season after relegation.

Blokeski

It's possible that they're thinking that he may be best placed to take them down and then bring them up in a stronger position - maybe take our spot as one of the yo yo clubs?

If so, uncharacteristically strategic and long term planning from a football club.  I think FFP might have something to say about this as a plan though?

bencher

Someone must have carried out a statistical analysis on the benefits to a relegation-threatened team of changing manager. I'd be very interested in the results. But it seems to me that each case is unique. We have to remember that Steve Cooper took over a year ago when they were relegation-threatened, so he can reasonably point to that to say look what I can do when given time. I'm not sure too many managers would have got good results with their patched together band of merry men and mercenaries.

Pluto

Smart move. He is a very good manager. I still think they have the quality to improve this season. If even 50% of their signings come good then they'll be fine.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Pluto on October 07, 2022, 04:04:25 PM
Smart move. He is a very good manager. I still think they have the quality to improve this season. If even 50% of their signings come good then they'll be fine.

No doubt a good coach/manager. 
In my humble opinion they have some very good players and I predict a finish about half way.

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Whitestone

It doesn't matter who manages Forest this season. They're going down.

Jules

Quote from: Whitestone on October 07, 2022, 06:07:25 PM
I agree. But, more importantly which other two clubs are joining them? It looks wide open to me and could be any two of about 10 clubs

Fulham 442

Quote from: Jules on October 07, 2022, 08:46:15 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on October 07, 2022, 06:07:25 PM
I agree. But, more importantly which other two clubs are joining them? It looks wide open to me and could be any two of about 10 clubs
As long as it's not us I don't care!!