watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Ham vs Fulham: Post Match Thread Merged

Started by tigs, October 09, 2022, 03:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wex

The issue here is that with all our first eleven fit we can challenge most teams. Players get injured however and our ridiculous recruitment for the third time has left us short on quality to compete at this level. That is the elephant in the room my friends.

Caedal

Quote from: Tempest on October 09, 2022, 03:59:22 PM
Sorry, we let in too many goals in general, possibly VAR issue today but we're back to having to score 3 goals to get anything out of a game.

This is a Marco issue, said this last season, Marco, as attractive as his team's can be hasn't yet made any team he has managed in the PL defensively sound, he has twice broken the record for most goals conceded.

Not saying Marco out but if he is in charge then we have no choice but to accept we'll concede a lot of goals and therefore lose a lot of gamea.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I agree, we are conceding far too many goals. I thought it would ease up once that run of harder fixtures was over, but it hasnt. We've conceded 18 goals in 9 games, which is the 4th most in the division, which is crazy considering we play with 2 DM's.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on October 09, 2022, 03:34:16 PM
Two diabolical refereeing decisions. They seem to aim to rob us. We never get a break. It costs us so many points every season we are in the Prem and justice is never done.

Always seems to be against other London clubs as well.

toshes mate

Quote from: SP on October 09, 2022, 04:00:44 PM
VAR wouldn't have given us either of those decisions.
I suspect you are right.

Texas White

Quote from: SP on October 09, 2022, 04:00:44 PM
VAR wouldn't have given us either of those decisions.

And there is the truth.. and everything wrong with game. Nothing will happen to the referee and yet again we are robbed.

andyk

Quote from: LC on October 09, 2022, 04:02:50 PM
After the ref warned the players not to block the runners to do it was ridiculous, so I'll accept the penalty and put 100% of the blame on Pereira.

Their goal shouldn't have stood, how VAR couldn't pick up on that I'm not sure. Marco Silva said last week that VAR is so inconsistent and he's right. Their goalscorers reaction tells you everything you need to know.

I just saw their third goal and their striker handled the ball in the lead up to the goal- even more obvious handball- they just showed it in tv

We had no width and no runners.

And on a final note, until we have our fully fit starting 11 back, I think there will be plenty of games like this that can go either way
There is a difference between blocking, deliberately grabbing a player and standing your ground. Those defending the box have as much right to run around and take a position, as those attacking a corner.
Otherwise defenders might as well stand still, or stand behind the goal line.

LC

Their third goal shouldn't have stood. They were just talking about it on tv, their player handled the ball past Tosin

jayffc

Quote from: Caedal on October 09, 2022, 04:03:28 PM
Sorry, we let in too many goals in general, possibly VAR issue today but we're back to having to score 3 goals to get anything out of a game.

This is a Marco issue, said this last season, Marco, as attractive as his team's can be hasn't yet made any team he has managed in the PL defensively sound, he has twice broken the record for most goals conceded.

Not saying Marco out but if he is in charge then we have no choice but to accept we'll concede a lot of goals and therefore lose a lot of gamea.

I agree, we are conceding far too many goals. I thought it would ease up once that run of harder fixtures was over, but it hasnt. We've conceded 18 goals in 9 games, which is the 4th most in the division, which is crazy considering we play with 2 DM's.

We technically didn't concede a single goal today that didn't involve incredibly questionable Referee/VAR decisions. Handballs in 2 of them - and the other given for something that happens every corner in every game up and down the country

Sting of the North

Quote from: LC on October 09, 2022, 04:06:39 PM
Their third goal shouldn't have stood. They were just talking about it on tv, their player handled the ball past Tosin

To absolutely no one's surprise.

SP

Quote from: LC on October 09, 2022, 04:06:39 PM

With these officials, that's fine.

Rambler

Thought we looked very average regardless of the decisions. We have been done by injuries thus far and could do with some luck on that front.

SP

LC

Quote from: andyk on October 09, 2022, 04:05:52 PM
Quote from: LC on October 09, 2022, 04:02:50 PM
After the ref warned the players not to block the runners to do it was ridiculous, so I'll accept the penalty and put 100% of the blame on Pereira.

Their goal shouldn't have stood, how VAR couldn't pick up on that I'm not sure. Marco Silva said last week that VAR is so inconsistent and he's right. Their goalscorers reaction tells you everything you need to know.

I just saw their third goal and their striker handled the ball in the lead up to the goal- even more obvious handball- they just showed it in tv

We had no width and no runners.

And on a final note, until we have our fully fit starting 11 back, I think there will be plenty of games like this that can go either way
There is a difference between blocking, deliberately grabbing a player and standing your ground. Those defending the box have as much right to run around and take a position, as those attacking a corner.
Otherwise defenders might as well stand still, or stand behind the goal line.

It's irrelevant of what you think though. Even if the rules are clearly on your side it doesn't matter- if the ref tells you to stop and you do it again so blatantly when you know the ref is specifically looking for it, then you deserve to give the penalty away- amateurish defending. You get taught this stuff at school   

sarnian

Don't panic, Dermot Gallagher will tell us tomorrow that all decisions are correct. The refs are never wrong against Fulham. :dft003:

jayffc

Quote from: Rambler on October 09, 2022, 04:07:50 PM
Thought we looked very average regardless of the decisions. We have been done by injuries thus far and could do with some luck on that front.

Many teams do when missing their star striker. Yet we were dominating them early on 1 up - hit the bar... then we concede that penalty and it was all downhill frm there.

Mitro, Willian, Tete, Solomon and a match fit Wilson to come in.... Not worried.

Up next, Bournemouth, Villa, Leeds and Everton. We'll get points in those games

Tempest

Quote from: jayffc on October 09, 2022, 04:07:15 PM
Quote from: Caedal on October 09, 2022, 04:03:28 PM

We technically didn't concede a single goal today that didn't involve incredibly questionable Referee/VAR decisions. Handballs in 2 of them - and the other given for something that happens every corner in every game up and down the country
The score was? We've conceded how many this season? It's not isolated to today's game, we concede too many goals, Marco's teams do!

Live in Falmouth!

Tabby

Think that the first one was mostly on Pereira. Had gotten warned about it twice and then did it again. Dawson is of course going to go for it the third time and ham it up, don't give him the chance.

No idea what the rules for handball is anymore though. First one was crystal clear.

ffc73

WHU were average & that was the sort of game we must start picking points up from if we are to have any chance of staying up.

Penalty was done to Peirara for me. Var or not stupid after being spoken to beforehand.
2nd was definite handball.
Third, didn't see that in real time but that is what Var is meant to be for.

filham

Quote from: Wex on October 09, 2022, 04:03:17 PM
The issue here is that with all our first eleven fit we can challenge most teams. Players get injured however and our ridiculous recruitment for the third time has left us short on quality to compete at this level. That is the elephant in the room my friends.
[/quote 

Yes ,tend to agree. Out of eleven summer signings Palina, Leno and possibly Periera are the only three that have demonstrated that they are up to premier league standard.

Lighthouse

VAR was put in place to sort obvious errors. Or no so obvious errors. But it has become, as we have seen in the last few weeks. Opinions and opinions. Yes it was hand ball that led to a goal. However the opinion of the referee is that it didn't help gain an unfair advantage.

Next week the exact same incident will be called differently. Rules are unclear, referees opinions change, different referee different opinion.

Must say VAR has caused more doubt than ever before.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope