watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

4 defeats in last 6 games...on the dip

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, October 09, 2022, 07:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

2 wins, 4 defeats, in the last 6 League games...behind Bournemouth in the table...come on Fulham

Sgt Fulham

That'll keep you up most seasons tbf. Also had an injury crisis. Let's judge after the next 5 to 10 games.

Somerset Fulham

And played two of the top four away from home.

Whitestone

Absolutely not. Situations in the last two games haven't gone our way. That's football. We'll bounce back next week and take three points from the Bournemouth game.

Mince n Tatties

Doom merchants waiting to come out in force.
This team will be fine,top half we'll finish...Coyw

Jules

It's the goals conceded column that's worrying. We are shipping 2 or 3 goals every game. Need to tighten up fast. Hopefully a clean sheet next Sat. Big performance needed and hopefully Mitro back. COYW

hovewhite

6 points from boscombe and villa it will look a lot better.

SuffolkWhite

Injuries are costing us, we have a decent first team but the reserves may not be as strong. Also we don't get the rub of the green and the officials are big team biased, but that's how it is as a smaller club in the Prem.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

jarv

It does not make nice reading but absolutely robbed by referee yesterday and player getting sent off against Newcastle was just downright stupid. Totally self inflicted.

What makes it worse was we met west ham at a time they are still not firing on all cylinders, at the wrong end of the table, so could have got something.

jayffc

Quote from: Jules on October 09, 2022, 08:35:54 PM
It's the goals conceded column that's worrying. We are shipping 2 or 3 goals every game. Need to tighten up fast. Hopefully a clean sheet next Sat. Big performance needed and hopefully Mitro back. COYW

Our goals against column is badly skewed by the last 2 games

Around 40% of our goals conceded came from a game when we had 10 men for 86minutes

And a game where the referee handed 3 questionable goals that probably should have been ruled out + when we were already missing key players

Not really concerned as many others are myself

Woolly Mammoth

Relax Genitalmen, we have enough quality to survive, injuries permitting and referees permitting.
We have shown we can go
toe to toe with most teams because we can play football and scrap if we have to.
It would be nice to get the rub of the green now and again or at least a level playing field.

I would like to think we can hang around the top half and still be there by the turn of the year.
Time will tell and consistancy is the key.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamfever

Not panicking yet as we are scoring still. I reckon 2-0 vs Bournemouth

Bassey the warrior

May be time to consider bringing Diop in, I think for Ream as his form has dipped a bit. It was noticeable that Scamacca had a lot of decent chances and our defence couldn't cope with him.

I'm also hoping Wilson will be play a bigger part in the next game and Tete and Mitro will return to the starting line up. We can definitely beat Bournemouth, but they will be in good spirits.

toshes mate

Quote from: jarv on October 10, 2022, 09:02:37 AM
It does not make nice reading but absolutely robbed by referee yesterday and player getting sent off against Newcastle was just downright stupid. Totally self inflicted.

What makes it worse was we met west ham at a time they are still not firing on all cylinders, at the wrong end of the table, so could have got something.

There was a 'tackle' in the Huddersfield/Hull game which was quite similar to Chalobah's 'horrendous' red card offence.  No card, just a word from the referee since the 'injured' party was not injured at all.   It's all in the manner of officialdom and some may be absolutely justified and others may be absolutely not.  You cannot judge these things by the decision made by a culpable human being and we are all culpable.  There were three decisions yesterday which defied belief - I doubt it even rates a turbulence warning up and down the country because it happens so often.  You just wish the authorities would actually do something positive to stamp inconsistency out but they need to be motivated into doing so by a majority movement intent on making referees better.   VAR is not the answer and simply becomes another reason to question the motives of the powers that be.

LittleErn

" You cannot judge these things by the decision made by a culpable human being and we are all culpable"

Sorry TM, can you explain what you mean please? What "These things" are you referring to? Why can't you judge decisions made by a culpable (i.e, blameworthy) human being? How are we ALL deserving blame? That last one sounds a bit biblical to me - miserable sinners that we are.

filham

Yesterday showed that we are in there fighting and providing we have no injuries we wll prove to be a  match against most teams.
Recent games have shown that a number of the summer signings are not up to premier league standard and therefore another bad injury spell could put us in trouble.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: filham on October 10, 2022, 03:34:40 PM
Yesterday showed that we are in there fighting and providing we have no injuries we wll prove to be a  match against most teams.
Recent games have shown that a number of the summer signings are not up to premier league standard and therefore another bad injury spell could put us in trouble.

I think it's too early to say if the players are up to Premier League standard, the only ones we can be sure of are Onomah and Chalobah as they were proven mid-table Championship players last year. We need to give Mbabu, Vinicius and Kurzawa time to adapt.

WindyCity

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on October 09, 2022, 07:54:18 PM
That'll keep you up most seasons tbf. Also had an injury crisis. Let's judge after the next 5 to 10 games.

I think over the next 4 games.  Some home games, points there for the taking, good indicator of FFC ability to stay in this league after these next four games have been played.  Fingers crossed.........

Chutney

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 10, 2022, 04:45:14 PM
Quote from: filham on October 10, 2022, 03:34:40 PM

I think it's too early to say if the players are up to Premier League standard, the only ones we can be sure of are Onomah and Chalobah as they were proven mid-table Championship players last year. We need to give Mbabu, Vinicius and Kurzawa time to adapt.

the one thing we don't really have is time, we can't throw points away by playing players that are not up to it yet. They should have been signed much earlier in the window, Marco's complaints were justified and have proven to be spot on.
C O Y W

Twig

Even with our preferred starting eleven we have been conceding goals and struggling for clean sheets. I don't think we will face relegation and I think the impending return of injured players over the next two or three weeks will make a big difference. However, for my own peace of mind I'd like to a tighter and more settled defence.