Riversider

Can't be over stressed for so many reasons how important this game is,
We need the points,
We need to get momentum back
Players need belief back
Supporters need belief back
We need to take the wind out of their sails
Another defeat will be hard to recover from

Games at home to Bournemouth have proved to be notoriously tough for us, we need Tete and Mitro back fully fit and we MUST find a way to stop Phillip Billing who has been outstanding so far this season.
Come on You Whites  049:gif

Hugh Gentry

Utter nonesense, we have some purpose back, which will be good for us, we are easily good enough to finish midway in the table. "fans" panicking because we lost two in a row is crazy

Riversider

Quote from: Hugh Gentry on October 09, 2022, 08:48:11 PM
Utter nonesense, we have some purpose back, which will be good for us, we are easily good enough to finish midway in the table. "fans" panicking because we lost two in a row is crazy
It's Bournemouth at home, one of our winnable games, failure to do so will do nothing for either player or supporter confidence.

perry geyton

I agree

perry geyton

Plus we didn't lose today, we were cheated by west ham and the ref

RaySmith

LC

I'm hoping Mitrovic and Tete are back fully fit. They'll both make a huge difference

hovewhite

3 dodgy goals otherwise we would of won,as for sat expecting a win.Billing does look a quality player I'll give him that.
Tete and mitro back will be great.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: hovewhite on October 10, 2022, 06:17:22 AM
3 dodgy goals otherwise we would of won,as for sat expecting a win.Billing does look a quality player I'll give him that.

Plus Wilson and Robinson. Positives

JimmyConway

All the points raised by post are valid. Very much a pivotal game looking beyond this fixture. Last thing we need is a poor run of results leading up to the long break for world cup to stew on for six weeks or so.

alfie

Quote from: ffcthereligion on October 10, 2022, 11:54:59 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on October 10, 2022, 06:17:22 AM

Plus Wilson and Robinson. Positives
we cannot say we would have won, because they may have gone on to score legitimate goals, all we can say is that if the score remained one nil then yes you are correct.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Cobh Fulham Fan

I agree with the view that people are panicking unnecessarily and I'm confident we will finish around mid-table and yesterday's result doesn't represent who we are. 

As for Bournemouth, I dont understand why everyone was writing them off as a go-down cert team up to about a week ago. They are now ahead of us in the table and Parker is no more.   They also held us to a draw at the Cottage last year when we league leaders - But I still feel we are the better team and will win if team and supporters have the same belief going into Saturdays game as we had during the opening game of the season.

St Eve

First of all we lost last week because we had 10 men for 84 minutes. Second we lost yesterday because because West Ham were wrongly given 3 goals. Finally, Bournemouth are a terrible team and I fully expect a big win for us.

Riversider

Quote from: St Eve on October 10, 2022, 01:42:43 PM
First of all we lost last week because we had 10 men for 84 minutes. Second we lost yesterday because because West Ham were wrongly given 3 goals. Finally, Bournemouth are a terrible team and I fully expect a big win for us.
As far as naive posts go this must surely be right up there, Bournemouth have got some excellent players that are currently on top of their game, Lerma, Billing and Solanke are very dangerous and defensively under O'Neil they are looking the part, including a certain Ryan Frederick's,  they are not to be underestimated,  Saturday is a very tough game and we have to be on top of our own game,
This is a game that I'm really looking forward to, a game where neither side will settle for a point.

alfie

Quote from: Riversider on October 10, 2022, 02:28:16 PM
Quote from: St Eve on October 10, 2022, 01:42:43 PM
As far as naive posts go this must surely be right up there, Bournemouth have got some excellent players that are currently on top of their game, Lerma, Billing and Solanke are very dangerous and defensively under O'Neil they are looking the part, including a certain Ryan Frederick's,  they are not to be underestimated,  Saturday is a very tough game and we have to be on top of our own game,
This is a game that I'm really looking forward to, a game where neither side will settle for a point.
I agree, I'm not sure where the word "terrible" comes from, they seem good to me.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WindyCity

Yep, agreed.  Disappointed in the loss, of course, BUT, I don't feel nearly as bad about it as I did the Newcastle game.  I thought the boys played pretty well for a "B" squad.  Before the PK I felt FFC bossed the game.  Second half was a bit dodgy, had a few chances, tough going in the final third.  But on balance I didn't think it was a poor game from FFC and feel just as strongly as I did when we were 6th that this team can stay up.  Still feel FFC "belongs" in the Prem. 

I think we will learn much more about FFC over the next 4 games.  There are points for the taking, how many can we get?  Hopefully some of our injured players can get back to full speed soon.  Will be good indicator of FFC ability to stay in this league.  I feel good about our prospects.  COYW

Somerset Fulham

Although I think we'll probably finish lower than this, I do totally agree about the panicking.  It is absolutely ridiculous.

itombomb

Will be a difficult game as virtually all games in this league are, but at the same time we really do need to win it.

filham

Glad that the Newcastle performance is now out of site and out of mind and we have a performance at West Ham to build on.

If we get Mitro and Tete back with Robinson and Wilson fit then surely we start favourites.

Lighthouse

The next game is as important as any other. No more, no less. But let us be honest. If we have the sort of decisions that went against us at West Ham and have injury problems it wont matter who we play. You can't beat 11 players , a bad ref and a corrupt VAR system. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope