more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bournemouth at Home next week

Started by Riversider, October 09, 2022, 08:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 10, 2022, 10:11:58 PM
The next game is as important as any other. No more, no less. But let us be honest. If we have the sort of decisions that went against us at West Ham and have injury problems it wont matter who we play. You can't beat 11 players , a bad ref and a corrupt VAR system. 
+1

Twig

Bournemouth are certainly not a terrible team, that's just daft. Neither did I read the OP as panicking. I do agree it's important to get some momentum back so this does become an important game. How anyone can call the OP nonsense is quite beyond me, would they be fine with another consecutive defeat? Of course not.

fulhamfever

I am not panicking just yet I have faith in this team. We have done well to be in the position we are in, that being said once this team gels we will be comfortable I can see us finishing between positions between either 11th-14th. 

Southcoastffc

Quote from: fulhamfever on October 11, 2022, 09:09:31 AM
I am not panicking just yet I have faith in this team. We have done well to be in the position we are in, that being said once this team gels we will be comfortable I can see us finishing between positions between either 11th-14th. 
I  think much will depend on the January transfer window. Will Forest spend so freely again? Bournemouth surely will. Leicester are currently an enigma.Southampton, Wolves and Villa will likely try to buy themselves out of trouble.  We need a few judicious buys to feel more comfortable IMO
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fulhamfever

I think we have overachieved (where we expected to be by November) we are on the road to staying up and I still believe we will reach 20 points by the Worldcup break.

FFC In Oz

I'm worried about this game.

They've been in great form under O'Neil and we are conceding a lot of goals.

We really can't afford to lose this.

Jim©

The next game is as important as any other. No more, no less. But let us be honest. If we have the sort of decisions that went against us at West Ham and have injury problems it wont matter who we play. You can't beat 11 players , a bad ref and a corrupt VAR system. 

I dont agree with people saying this is as important as any other game really.
It's hugely important that the teams we have earmarked and expect to finish below us dont get many or any points off of us this season- it's simple.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Lack of confidence due to not winning can affect any team including ourselves and not winning on Saturday could be a bad thing with the run of games to come.
It is a must win and Mitro could be the key to this.

filham

Of course you can, just put the ball in their net once more than they put it in ours and wipe all that bad ref and corruption business from your mind.
May help to wish for a little bit of luck though.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Jim© on October 11, 2022, 01:52:01 PM

I dont agree with people saying this is as important as any other game really.
It's hugely important that the teams we have earmarked and expect to finish below us dont get many or any points off of us this season- it's simple.

Our coach has stated that he doesn't look at matches against teams around us and put any more importance on them than any other. We still have a large opinion that treats real life and football like a computer game.   We have been the top team in a division we have been beaten by bottom clubs. What is simple and I will admit football and fandom is overflowing with the simplistic. Is thinking what goes on against Bournemouth or West Ham is any more important than Liverpool or Arsenal. I would have thought we have already proved that this season. But annoyingly the same simple minds that run our game seem to be following it and commentating on it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WindyCity

While I do subscribe to the thought that no game is any more or less important than the next, these next two home games are significant and will show us just how ready FFC is to be a standing member in the PL.  These are exactly the type of games (along with several others that follow after these two) that FFC needs to score points in.  Last time up, we actually took points from several top clubs, but failed miserably against teams around and below us.  I'm looking for six points these next two home games, but would not be disappointed in four.  Anything less would be a step backwards, in my view, although by no means the end of the season. 

Twig

Quote from: WindyCity on October 12, 2022, 05:35:45 PM
While I do subscribe to the thought that no game is any more or less important than the next, these next two home games are significant and will show us just how ready FFC is to be a standing member in the PL.  These are exactly the type of games (along with several others that follow after these two) that FFC needs to score points in.  Last time up, we actually took points from several top clubs, but failed miserably against teams around and below us.  I'm looking for six points these next two home games, but would not be disappointed in four.  Anything less would be a step backwards, in my view, although by no means the end of the season. 

Spot on.

FFCBadger

Win, lose or draw this weekend it'll be our tenth game and my perspective at this stage of the season is we're a solid 'B'
I'm taking a 'B' as I would have taken a 'B' at the start of the season.

Looking ahead my eye is on the Jan window. Feels like we need an LB, RB and DM to see this season out

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on October 12, 2022, 09:50:10 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on October 12, 2022, 05:35:45 PM

Spot on.

It is important we make Craven Cottage a fortress as it will have a huge impact on whether we stay up.
That does not mean we cannot achieve wins elsewhere but home records will definitely have a say in the final outcome.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jim©

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 11, 2022, 03:15:48 PM

Our coach has stated that he doesn't look at matches against teams around us and put any more importance on them than any other. We still have a large opinion that treats real life and football like a computer game.   We have been the top team in a division we have been beaten by bottom clubs. What is simple and I will admit football and fandom is overflowing with the simplistic. Is thinking what goes on against Bournemouth or West Ham is any more important than Liverpool or Arsenal. I would have thought we have already proved that this season. But annoyingly the same simple minds that run our game seem to be following it and commentating on it.

Well, I'm sure Silva would say that as he wants to keep any pressure away from the players, I'd say it is more important than taking points off of Liverpool (for instance). Of course it adds to our tally, but taking points off of Bournemouth, Forest, Southampton, Wolves etc is probably more important as it denies them the chance of gaining any ground on us.

Added to that, losing away to Spurs and Arsenal we could accept- they'll both be aiming for Champs league and we gave them a good game. Losing to Forest away could have severely dented our confidence as well as giving them a bit of wind in their sails.