NFR - Hodgson leaves Liverpool

Started by Bilet, January 08, 2011, 11:15:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sector9

Quote from: Pata on January 09, 2011, 04:45:19 PM
Quote from: Sector9 on January 09, 2011, 04:10:41 PM
Quote from: Pata on January 09, 2011, 11:13:56 AM

A few examples of how Roy Hodgson get the maximum out of his star players:
1. He puts Fernando Torres up front on his own, back to goal, about 30 yards away from the nearest team mate, and orders his midfield and his goalkeeper to kick the ball in his general direction, providing him with no support.
2. When Gerrard is not injured, he is right in that central midfield, where Sky tell Roy he should play Gerrard, preferably in a 4-4-2. Gerrard probably tells him too. Liverpool go on to produce stellar performance against the likes of Wolves and Blackburn.
3. He gets his defence to use man-to-man marking. They leak goals all over the shop; however, Andy "Roy's Mate" Gray seems to have swallowed his markers, which he put to such good use whenever Liverpool's zonal marking system conceded a goal under Rafael Benitez.

Complete bull****.

Roy does not play long ball - every time I watched lpool this season, I could see Roys tactics coming through. Games where Liverpool were actually trying to play football. Your arrogant overpaid players just couldn't buckle down and work hard. Roy had his back against the wall from day one, and so it was always going to end in tears.

Your fickle "fans" need to accept that your squad cannot compete with city, united, spuds, arsenal, chelsea - they have players who actually want to be at their clubs, and the ones that don't, don't get played.

Your players are too incompetent to actually work 110% for the club like such teams as Fulham, Sunderland, Stoke, Everton, Bolton, Blackburn etc.

That is why you are in 12th.

The "big" teams are better than you, simple. The "small" teams work hard for their points, simple.

Here's to Liverpool fkng up and finishing below FFC  :wine:

Really, seen the Reina hoof stats for the Wolves game? Did you see the Merseyside derby, when 4 Liverpool midfielders woild line up just inside the Everton half and kick the balls somewhere in the vague direction of Torres? Or, maybe, you missed all those times when Liverpool let the opponents sit in their half, aimlessly battering the ball away.

Yes, there were decent performance, like the one away to Spurs, but given their frequency and consistency it smacked of monkeys with typewriters.

The Liverpool players today worked their socks off and could hardly move by the end. They were playing for Dalglish in a vaguely sensible formation with players in their positions. And Dalglish has a hell of job digging the team out of a psychological hole now. But, hey, he is Mr Livepool, not Mr Journeyman.

So in 24 hours you think Kenny came up with his own formation and tactics, managed to convey it to the players, who all then executed this exactly how he wanted it?

Yes, of course he did, he is King Kenny afterall...

As you said, they played for Dalglish, everything before was waiting just for that... Roy didn't stand a chance.

The way your supporters treated him was disgraceful.

FFCSteve

I thought this was a site for FFC supporters!

Who cares about Liverpuddle?
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

RidgeRider

Pata,

For the benefit of the rest of the board I am locking this thread. Thanks for the dialogue but we are a Fulham board and back to Fulham we will go. You are certainly welcome to stick around but I feel you will be more welcome on a Liverpool board.

If you persist with just Liverpool only posts, I will be sure to suspend your privileges. I get you want to defend your club but we 'get' what you are all about. Please respect this is NOT a Liverpool board.