watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Hodgson leaves Liverpool

Started by Bilet, January 08, 2011, 11:15:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bilet

Liverpool FC confirmed today that manager Roy Hodgson has left the club by mutual consent.

Principal Owner John Henry commented: "We are grateful for Roy's efforts over the past six months, but both parties thought it in the best interests of the club that he stand down from his position as team manager. We wish him all the best for the future."

Roy Hodgson said: "Being asked to manage Liverpool Football Club was a great privilege. Any manager would be honoured to manage a club with such an incredible history, such embedded tradition and such an amazing set of fans. Liverpool is one of the great clubs in world football. I have, however, found the last few months some of the most challenging of my career. I am very sad not to have been able to put my stamp on the squad, to be given the time to bring new players into the club in this transfer window and to have been able to be part of the rebuilding process at Liverpool. The club has some great, world-class players, with whom it has been a pleasure to work and I wish the entire squad well for the rest of the season. I thank those with whom I have built up a close working relationship at the club for their loyalty and support during very testing times, and finally of course to the Liverpool fans, your passion and dedication to the club will see Liverpool at the top of the game once more."

Club legend Kenny Dalglish will assume control of team matters for Sunday's third round FA Cup tie against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Henry added: "We are delighted that Kenny Dalglish has agreed to step in and manage the team for Sunday's FA Cup tie at Old Trafford and for the remainder of the season.

"Kenny was not just a legendary footballer, he was the third of our three most successful managers - three giants. We are extraordinarily fortunate and grateful that he has decided to step in during the middle of this season."

Chairman Tom Werner said: "No one who cares for this great club has been happy with the way this season has unfolded and we have examined options and considered at length what is best for us going forward. Kenny will bring considerable experience to the position and provide management and leadership for the rest of the season."

Jimpav

I sincerely hope they get relegated now.

Good luck Roy.

Lighthouse

Very sad that ambition sometimes makes a fool of them all. He had everything going for him at Fulham but he wanted to manage a big name club. Sad for all concerned. However there will be an awful lot of  'I told you so' going around today.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

Not good for us as we play them on the 26th, clubs who change managers generally perk up, mind you dalglish is not a good manager.

VB

Roy just wasnt a Liverpool Man, Even Rafa was more scouse,
Good Luck Roy, There will never be a season like last year
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 08, 2011, 11:23:56 AM
Very sad that ambition sometimes makes a fool of them all. He had everything going for him at Fulham but he wanted to manage a big name club. Sad for all concerned. However there will be an awful lot of  'I told you so' going around today.

I think it was more that he felt he DESERVED to manage a big name club. That attitude played very badly with the Liverpool supporters. Ultimately he's been sacked because of his unpopularity with them rather than results as such although obviously they're not unconnected.

He somehow gave the impression that Liverpool were lucky to get him.

SuffolkWhite

I do feel a bit  :005: but also a bit  :doh: for Roy. He was an excellent manager for us and I think I will keep that thought.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

LBNo11

...Dalglish may not be a good manager, as you say ER, but Liddlepool will be instilled with what they haven't had under our former manager - Belief. That will make our game with them much harder.

Re our former manager, I have already expressed in previous posts my opinions about his leaving us.

What matters to me is Fulham - COYW...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

gang

Deary deary me, how sad, never mind.

Peabody

Perhaps, if he had shown us the same respect he showing them today, then maybe our parting would not have been so sour. Remember, he hardly acknowledged the help and support he received from all sides of FFC. I do feel a little sad for him but you reap what you sow.

Pata

Party atmosphere for the 9000 Liverpool fans at Old Trafford tomorrow.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

Oakeshott

"Party atmosphere for the 9000 Liverpool fans at Old Trafford tomorrow"

Not if, as I very much hope, they get soundly thrashed.

SmithyFFC

What a waste. So a 'big club' can pinch our greatest manager in our 130 year history, use him and quite literally abuse him for 6 months, and then sack him. What is wrong with football?  :49:
FTID

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Peabody on January 08, 2011, 11:45:37 AM
Perhaps, if he had shown us the same respect he showing them today, then maybe our parting would not have been so sour. Remember, he hardly acknowledged the help and support he received from all sides of FFC. I do feel a little sad for him but you reap what you sow.

Absolutely.

I suspect he'll now start talking about the great job he did with us.

Jimpav

Quote from: Pata on January 08, 2011, 11:52:02 AM
Party atmosphere for the 9000 Liverpool fans at Old Trafford tomorrow.

They will no doubt be bitching and whining when United knock them out of the FA cup and surpass their number of league titles come May.

ron

Never mind , they've got King Kenny now.

When the going gets tough, Dalgleish................goes !

Bilet

Let's see how much better their King does it...kind of hope he fails.

OldBrownShoe

Quote from: Peabody on January 08, 2011, 11:45:37 AM

Wise words Peabody.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

cebu

I'd be surprised if Dalglish is more successful than RH, but he may prove me wrong. It would have been good if Hodgson were still there for Fulham's visit.

Peabody

I suppose it does make it tougher for our visit but there are a lot of problems at Liverpool, no least their players and imo it is going to take anawful lot of managerial skill to iron them out.