watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jonathan Pearce

Started by Whitesideup, October 16, 2022, 08:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mullers75

Could be mistaken, but I believe Pearce DOES add the commentary after the match.

HamsterWheel

All the MOTD commentary seems to be added after the match. Makes the commentators look like geniuses as they identify the goalscorer correctly each time etc.
Pearce I really detest. He's always had it in for certain teams. Liverpool in particular. Guess I can add Fulham to the list.

Watford_fc

Quote from: HamsterWheel on October 17, 2022, 02:30:30 PM
All the MOTD commentary seems to be added after the match. Makes the commentators look like geniuses as they identify the goalscorer correctly each time etc.
Pearce I really detest. He's always had it in for certain teams. Liverpool in particular. Guess I can add Fulham to the list.

Think that is right or certainly edited after a game .

toshes mate

Commentators should not try to get inside player's heads since as psychiatrists will tell you it can be dangerous.  I doubt Jonathan Pearce has a clue what goes on inside even his head let alone anyone else's.

I miss the commentaries that were descriptively accurate so much so that if you could get to see replays of the match you could identify the moments you heard described.  It is a very long time ago since the major broadcasters hd quality in their coverage.  These days the coverage is biased, often inarticulate, and largely served to please the kind of people the BBC would like to have lostening to them - there is a term for these people but I'll avoid writing it for the sake of moderation.

Wolf

Sky had longer highlights on Sunday. Their commentary team thought the foul on Mitrovic a clear penalty due to Lerma's prolonged hold on Mitro and that he didn't look at the ball / freekick taker at all. I though it was very poor commentary from Pearce - if that's not a penalty then there are no fouls committed at corner/free kicks.

Sky and BBC didn't show the VAR check for a Bournemouth handball in the first half. Looked to clearly hit the outstretched arm in real-time - my assumption is VAR decided the arm was in a natural position (although I thought if you dive in and it hits an arm away from your body that is handball).
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Gezza

If you watch highlights on FFCTV Pearce for some reason does initial commentary. He says something along the lines of Pereira hasn't scored since his early Man Utd days totally forgetting he scored last week.