watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yesterday's Gate

Started by filham, October 16, 2022, 01:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

I noticed a few hundred odd people seated in the Putney end upper section of the new stand yesterday which is good to see.
The gate was not given in the Telegraph today, does anyone have the figure and are we getting close to the all seater record for the Cottage.

Bill2

Hugh Gentry

Mullers75

Yes, 22,913 in the Observer which is odd as it's exactly the same as that reported for the Newcastle match even though there was an extra block taken in the Riverside upper tier for Bournemouth.
But then the reported gates are odd this season e.g. 25,000 still in the programme for Liverpool  - how? The capacity then was around 22,000.
A long way to go to catch 25,500-odd which were regularly reported before the old riverside stand was demolished.

HillingdonFFC

What is it with Fulham & announcing gates?? Can't find it on the official website.

filham

The gate was always given with the resuts in the Sunday paperes when the counting was done mechanically at the turnststiles but it would seem that the conversion to digital computerised turnstiles maybe causing problems. Either that or TK is programming things himself and is getting similar results to his player transfer escapades.

ianthailand

Anybody that's interested the attendance on Saturday was 22,541 according to BBC Sport.

toshes mate

Journalists are very lazy these days but it is good to see the BBC do well in at least one thing for a change.

Cobh Fulham Fan

I was pretty sure match of the day gave the figure as 29K.

filham

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on October 20, 2022, 12:13:04 PM
I was pretty sure match of the day gave the figure as 29K.
Well either you need a hearing aid or the BBC can't count. Sorry didn't intend to be rude to you, my sarcasm was aimed at the BBC.

ianthailand

Attendance V Villa 23,508