watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next three games..

Started by General, October 18, 2022, 05:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Pivotal for us possibly and all winnable against teams that he been out of form.

Villa, Leeds and Everton.

Mitro is back, Palhinha is too. Hopefully Wilson and Tete will be starting. With those players in the first team we really should be looking to win games again.

We looked solid defensively at the start of the season but then lost Robinson and Tete and palhinha. I think if we get them back we'll start being harder to break down.

3 wins would be huge for survival and shouldn't be something we should be thinking is out of our reach. Come on Fulham!

Whitestone

The last three games were just as winnable as the next three IMO and we came away with a point, albeit a sending off and some odd VAR decisions didn't help. I agree though, the next three are also winnable but I'm in the one game at a time camp.

ffcthereligion

Villa - 3
Leeds - 1
Everton - 3

I think 5 points minimum is required

hovewhite

Think 6 pionts out of 9 will be ok won't be unhappy if that's the case.
Leeds away a result in our favour is well possible ,the partisan crowd is the thing to silence and if I remember right mitro score a hatrick so has history.

Somerset Fulham

We pretty much never beat Everton and Fat Frank has turned them into an old school team of cloggers and battlers like the pre Moyes Everton sides. 

Hopefully we'll pick up against Villa and kickstart another spurt of decent form ahead of that.

St Eve

The most important game is Villa. 3 points and then we can focus on Leeds and Everton

Motspur

If Villa and Leeds match their performance levels from the past weekend then we will struggle to gain a point in the next two games as can't see our defensive organisation, based on our last few games, standing up to their attacking power as well as the intense crowd at Elland Road.
I've seen that for Thursday, Michael Oliver is the appointed referee and Anthony Taylor for Sunday; unsure whether this is a good or bad thing to have senior EPL appointments as generally more strict with cards, although should be more consistent in decision making.

filham

Quote from: St Eve on October 18, 2022, 07:54:44 PM
The most important game is Villa. 3 points and then we can focus on Leeds and Everton
Agree, important that we pick up three points against Villa which has to be the most winnable of the next three.

Woolly Mammoth

They are all winnable and all lose able.
We must Just concentrate on the next game which is Villa.
Personal i go into each match one at a time and want all three points, nothing less.
By the time we play the match after, we could have injuries to consider after the Villa game, or somebody might pull up in training with an injury concern, or some may get sent off tomorrow or somebody may become ill by the time that match comes along.
So forecasting is all it is and even the Metrological Office gets their forecasting wrong.
So let us just concentrate on tomorrow's match as the rest of the matches will take care of themselves when it is their turn.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Cobh Fulham Fan

A genuine question. -  Can anyone explain to me why the premier league fixtures table has Villa tipped to beat Fulham at the cottage?   especially as we are three or four places above them in the table?

fulhamfan

Harrison Reed 1 booking away from a suspension

Palhinha Colada

Everyone was eyeing October as a great chance for points and then we lost three key players to injury over international break to go with Robinson's earlier injury and Palhinha's suspension and we've been completely off kilter for three matches as our depth players have performed poorly and we're wasting an extremely good start to the campaign.

Every year has ebbs and flows but this injury timing is really unfortunate for us.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on October 19, 2022, 12:51:59 PM
A genuine question. -  Can anyone explain to me why the premier league fixtures table has Villa tipped to beat Fulham at the cottage?   especially as we are three or four places above them in the table?

Because they have the brains of a Rocking Horse.
My take on it for what it is worth is that i love all that as it reduces expectations by making us the underdogs.
As well proving the clowns that make these forecasts completely wrong.
So no worries just use it as a wooden club to beat them over their wooden heads with.

Never forget your Roots.

WindyCity

I think these next three games are fairly important, and will give us a very good indicator at just how good this team really is and our prospects of staying in this league.  Hopefully we can walk away with more points than we garnered in our last three. 

COYW!!!

WhiteJC

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 18, 2022, 07:05:31 PM
We pretty much never beat Everton and Fat Frank has turned them into an old school team of cloggers and battlers like the pre Moyes Everton sides. 

Hopefully we'll pick up against Villa and kickstart another spurt of decent form ahead of that.

we never beat them at their place, at the Cottage its a different story

St Eve

Every game we play is big but the Villa game is huge. We really need 3 points

General

Results went our way today. A game in hand (albeit briefly) and kept  in 12th with a win tomorrow would do us the world of good.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: whitejc on October 19, 2022, 05:48:09 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 18, 2022, 07:05:31 PM

we never beat them at their place, at the Cottage its a different story

Ah cool! Well hopefully that'll work in our favour!

The Rational Fan

If we lose the next three games, then we will drop at least three places (as the teams we play each go to 12 points) and possibly six places. Don't kid ourselves, the Relegation Battle is still very much on, because there are no clear certainties for relegation this season.

Woolly Mammoth

We could win the next three games, lose the next three games draw the next three games, win one, lose one , draw one and so on.
All ifs and buts which i feel are irrelevant as it's not going to change anything.
For Fulham it will be a long hard season as it will be for half of the Division who are flirting with the possibility of relegation.
Apart from the usual suspects nobody is guaranteed a safe spot until it is mathematically impossible to be relegated.
We have to play without fear but be thoroughly organised especially at set pieces and when we lose possession.
My only concern is what happens tonight, and when that is over we move on to the next match with any injuries that may have occurred. Then see who recovers and who does not, then pick a team.

Never forget your Roots.