watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, October 19, 2022, 10:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

A big match for us at the Cottage tomorrow when we really need to end a poor run of results and pick up three points.
I assume that Tete is still injured and I think that Wilson, Cairney and Willian may only be ready for 45 minutes play.

Leno
                                                               BDR         Diop                 Ream           Robinson
                                                                                    Reed        Palhina
                                                                                          Periera
                                                                  James             Mitro                 Kebano

2nd half Cairney, Wilson and Willian to replace Reed, James and Kebano.

Maidstone Lee

If he's fully fit swap Willian for James.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Twig

I very much hope that Wilson is ready to start.

And I'd be tempted to start with Cairney and sub him for Perreira after about 60 mins.

Chutney

Is tete fit?

If not I'd like to see this:

Leno

BDR     Tosin/Diop     Ream     Robinson

Reed Palhinia

Cairney

Wilson/Willian     Mitrovic           Kebano

Diop vs Tosin doesn't really make a huge difference for me, id argue Tosin has the edge as him and ream have played so many games together. If Wilson isn't fully fit we should start Willian.
C O Y W

Cobh Fulham Fan

Didnt Wilson get some game time in the last match? He must be near ready!

Chutney

He's come on twice now, so hopefully getting near full fitness!
C O Y W

LC

Quote from: Chutney on October 19, 2022, 01:28:54 PM
He's come on twice now, so hopefully getting near full fitness!

He's probably fit now, but he didn't look sharp when he came on- he'll need more time I think

b+w geezer

James does not deserve to feature over Wilson/Willian on performances to date. However, those two have doubts over their ability to play two full games in this week's schedule, while James is simply unavailable for Sunday.

fulhamfever

Fulham 442

I would prefer Wilson to James and Tosin for Diop.

Jim©

I think there's good arguments to add TC in place of Reed (where we'll probably require his combativeness more at Leeds), Willian in place of James (just end product) and have Wilson ready for Sunday.

Does anyone know how Tete's injury is going? Mitro?

Classic94

Leno
BDR, Diop, Tosin, Robinson
Reed, Palhinha
James, Andreas, Willian
Mitrovic

James lucky to keep his place, but is ruled out of the Leeds game. By which time, Wilson should be a bit sharper. TC better from the bench in my opinion.

bog

WindyCity

I still don't understand the dislike for Pereira by some posters.  I think he, along with Palhinha, are the primary reason why FFC has gotten off to such a surprisingly good start, surely better than what most followers had expected, even after recent poor results.  His goal v WH was pure PL class.  I think he should play for as many minutes as his body can handle.

filham

Quote from: fulhamfever on October 19, 2022, 01:59:17 PM
Drop Ream for Tosin
[/quote

I can see where you are coming from , Tosin /Diop may look as if they could tighten up the defense but Ream has had so many good games and is a key man in playing out from the back.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

I'd go back to Tosin - Ream and start Mbabu at right back and task BDR to play a super defensive right wing role to help him out.

Twig

Quote from: WindyCity on October 19, 2022, 04:19:00 PM
I still don't understand the dislike for Pereira by some posters.  I think he, along with Palhinha, are the primary reason why FFC has gotten off to such a surprisingly good start, surely better than what most followers had expected, even after recent poor results.  His goal v WH was pure PL class.  I think he should play for as many minutes as his body can handle.

I don't think anyone dislikes Pereira but we have options. TC has looked top class every single time he has come on as a sub but we don't know how long he has in his legs, 90 mins? 60? Whatever.  I think there is a legitimate debate as to how we make best use of these two top players. Can we fit both in as starters? Should TC start with Pereira on the bench? Should we continue with Pereira as a starter and TC on the bench?  It's not about disliking either player but a nice problem to have utilising two excellent players.

cottage expat

Quote from: Twig on October 19, 2022, 10:29:21 AM
I very much hope that Wilson is ready to start.

And I'd be tempted to start with Cairney and sub him for Perreira after about 60 mins.

Not a bad idea. Cairney could provide the stability and distribution to settle the team down and Perreira would bring the speed and agility to make runs behind the tiring Villa backs.

jayffc

I still can't fathom how so many people want BDR at Right back. He's been absolutely exposed there in both of the last games, his only decent contributions...understandably, came when way up the pitch in an attacking position. Not his fault, he's not a Right back and did the best he could...but I'd much rather try and bed in Mbabu and give him minutes in Tete's absence than perseveres with someone who isn't trained in that position. Just my 2 cents

Leno
Mbabu - Tosin/Diop - Ream - Robinson
Reed/Periera - Palhinha
Wilson - Cairney - Willian
Mitro

For me.

EN1 FFC

For those of you who have to watch the game via Prime Video you will have the delight of Les Ferdinand (QPR) & Dion Dublin (ex-Villa) giving their unbiased comments ...enjoy (NOT)