watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mbabu v BDR

Started by FulhamKC, October 19, 2022, 11:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

Not sure what everyone is looking at but Mbabu has been terrible in every game he's played. Even when he came on against Arsenal, the game started to change, but not in a good way.

BDR is playing because he's better, he also had a good game against Aston Villa the other day.

HV71

Gezza

One thing I noticed, watching the game again today, was that on a number of occasions BDR played the attacker on-side when the rest of the defence had stepped up. With better finishing this may have been costly.

EN1 FFC

After listening to Silva talk about Mbabu performances and then playing BDR, I suspect Mbabu isn't following orders and his defending and recovery has been poor putting the rest of the defence under unnecessary pressure.

Whitestone

Quote from: flyingfish on October 21, 2022, 04:44:59 PM
BDR is the new Denis Odoi

Odoi was a liability. BDR is a much better all round player.

toshes mate

Quote from: Gezza on October 21, 2022, 10:38:07 PM
One thing I noticed, watching the game again today, was that on a number of occasions BDR played the attacker on-side when the rest of the defence had stepped up. With better finishing this may have been costly.
Yes, I have seen that too, BDR being just a few inches higher up the pitch will do wonders for not playing attackers onside. 

Mickeyboro

Part of management is helping players regain their confidence. Silva will do well to rehabilitate Mbabu rather than sideline him like Onomah. Look at Kepa up the road and the way Potter has brought him back. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

legana

I remember BDR playing there last time in the PL, so was this a Parker idea? I know we don't like to give him much credit here or has Bobby played right back earlier in his career?

Twig

Quote from: Whitestone on October 22, 2022, 08:31:13 AM

Have to disagree with you there and his current form at Brugge in the league and the Champions League tends to confirm that he's still pretty useful.

Whitestone

Quote from: Twig on October 22, 2022, 03:05:52 PM

Have to disagree with you there and his current form at Brugge in the league and the Champions League tends to confirm that he's still pretty useful.

Seriously? You think Odoi is a better player than BDR ? No way, which is probably why Odoi was released. Sure his current team are doing well but Odoi was nowhere near as reliable as BDR. Odoi's game was littered with mistakes and needless bookings. BDR's game  is much more consistent than Odoi ever was.

Twig

Quote from: Whitestone on October 22, 2022, 04:28:32 PM

Seriously? You think Odoi is a better player than BDR ? No way, which is probably why Odoi was released. Sure his current team are doing well but Odoi was nowhere near as reliable as BDR. Odoi's game was littered with mistakes and needless bookings. BDR's game  is much more consistent than Odoi ever was.

I didn't say or mean to imply that he is a better player. I just disagree that he was "a liability". He was a reliable and flexible player who served us in a variety of roles and I just think that comment was ill considered.

Whitestone

Quote from: Twig on October 22, 2022, 05:05:49 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on October 22, 2022, 04:28:32 PM

I didn't say or mean to imply that he is a better player. I just disagree that he was "a liability". He was a reliable and flexible player who served us in a variety of roles and I just think that comment was ill considered.
So because my opinion differs from yours its ill considered ? No problem with seeing things differently. The difference between Odoi and BDR is so obvious. One is at home in the Premier League snd the other was way out of his depth at the time.