watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Stand

Started by Stillbelieve, October 20, 2022, 11:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stillbelieve

Ello , i am a season ticket holder in Johnny Haynes but got a ticket in the upper riverside for tonight to see what the place looks like .... does anyone know if there is an entrance via Bishops Park? Thanks in advance

sarnian

It should say on your ticket which gates to use ie Hammersmith or Putney turnstiles.

filham

Quote from: Stillbelieve on October 20, 2022, 11:05:31 AM
Ello , i am a season ticket holder in Johnny Haynes but got a ticket in the upper riverside for tonight to see what the place looks like .... does anyone know if there is an entrance via Bishops Park? Thanks in advance
Be interested to hear about your experience which I guess cost you a fair penny.

simplyfulham

I'm pretty sure the only entrance is in the Hammersmith side.

Be warned it took me about 20 mins to get from the club shop into the Riverside stand on Saturday. So leave plenty of time!!

Partly because there are very few turnstiles and more people allowed in now and the huge detour they send you on to get to the gates.

Stillbelieve

The new stand is fantastic , padded seats a real treat after years of JH wooden numbers. view of the pitch is superb and all the amenities excellent as you would expect , lovely to have have HT pint standing by the Thames. Unfortunately the atmosphere was very poor , alot of tourists,  ( which i dont mind, more the merrier) however i was R block and had a fantastic view of back of Hammy who were in fine fine voice last night. Will probably stick with my JH ST as id have to sell a kidney to afford it week in week out

filham

Thanks for the report but it sounds as though it is for the well off, guess I will continue to suffer the old hard wooden seats in the JH stand.

copthornemike

Looked at the highlights after I got home from the match & the light show before the match looked even more impressive outside the new stand. Have a look, very impressive.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: copthornemike on October 21, 2022, 10:16:38 AM
Looked at the highlights after I got home from the match & the light show before the match looked even more impressive outside the new stand. Have a look, very impressive.

What channel is the highlights on?

Twig

I thought the light show really helped to crank up the atmosphere and the free flags at the Hammy end are certainly an improvement on the clackers. Well done FFC.

As to the new stand, well I sit right over near the river in the Hammy End and whilst the Riverside may offer good comforts it is clear that it lacks much atmosphere.

HV71

Quote from: Stillbelieve on October 21, 2022, 09:24:19 AM
The new stand is fantastic , padded seats a real treat after years of JH wooden numbers. view of the pitch is superb and all the amenities excellent as you would expect , lovely to have have HT pint standing by the Thames. Unfortunately the atmosphere was very poor , alot of tourists,  ( which i dont mind, more the merrier) however i was R block and had a fantastic view of back of Hammy who were in fine fine voice last night. Will probably stick with my JH ST as id have to sell a kidney to afford it week in week out

I am lucky enough to have a season ticket ( covered area lower tier ) . The view is great and the amenities are also good. I can understand that people thinks it's full of " tourists " and I am sure there are some  , however I can confirm that there are several groups that are Spanish , Portuguese and Scandinavian that have season tickets and are there each game. We must not forget that London is " home " to many nationalities that love football with a passion and its great that they want to come to the Cottage and get behind the team.

StuinSalop

Quote from: Twig on October 21, 2022, 12:08:56 PM
I thought the light show really helped to crank up the atmosphere and the free flags at the Hammy end are certainly an improvement on the clackers. Well done FFC.

As to the new stand, well I sit right over near the river in the Hammy End and whilst the Riverside may offer good comforts it is clear that it lacks much atmosphere.

I am in the Riverside lower near the Hammersmith end and 6 rows back.  There are many old school Fulham around me who make plenty of noise and create a good atmosphere.  It's anything but prawn sandwiches, we even got close to a bit of agro with a muppet Brighton fan who was thrown out before he got whacked.

General

Quote from: Stillbelieve on October 21, 2022, 09:24:19 AM

Watching the highlights of the last game and the few where the upper seating area of the riverside has been open and just through observations it struck me as being very pedestrian in terms of fans.

Goals went in, penalties given etc and in the old riverside stand (which I was a season ticket holder) that would've got everyone on their feet... didn't seem to be the case since it opened up (which would go along with what you're saying).

It's a shame, I get the impression it's definitely not worth the price they're trying to charge at £100 a ticket (you can get return tickets for a European weekend break for half that price) and if the atmosphere is flat and touristy, despite it being a new stand and having the river and facilities - i'd prefer the crampt JH or Putney/Hammersmith ends. A shame, feel such a good project has been slightly ruined.

I'll definitely try and go to the riverside stand for a one off at some point for a cheap cup game or a pre-season friendly but whilst it adds to the stadium capacity, size and is very visually pleasing - pricing and tourists isn't what football is about for me.

General

Quote from: Twig on October 21, 2022, 12:08:56 PM

What happens with the flags? Do the club give them out each game and then collect them afterwards or once they've handed them out they're for keeps?

Do enjoy the attempt to create a better atmosphere with them. Saw the light show but don't know how people viewed that? Seemed very american and gimicky, but perhaps it works?

flyingfish

They collect them up and if you try to walk out with one the stewards politely ask you to drop it in a bin

filham

The atmosphere in the Riverside stand will no doubt improved when it is fully occupied but the question is at the prices charged will it ever be fully occupied.

mrmicawbers

Not sure if it's true but was told that tou can use the Riverside facilities after the game finishes even if you're from another part of the ground

HV71

I simply don't get this  criticism of the stand and it's " atmosphere " . With regards to the lower tier - filled by season ticket holders ( okay people who are lucky enough to be able to afford it ) they are normal fans. They shout, they sing, they swear , they stand up , they get very excited and cheer their team on . SHOCK !! - some are not from these shores and speak ina foreign tongue ! Some speak a version of English ( Americans  wear baseball caps  and call it soccer ) who cares ! ? They support our club for god's sake. Expect even more Portuguese given the manager and make up of the team. The upper tier is ,for the time being , going to be very transitional. It's a mixture of visitors, corporates and Fulham fans wanting to get a ' feel' of the new stand facilities. What can we expect from such a diverse and transient audience ! Noise? Cohesion? It's not the Hammy end and will never be .

I simply do not understand the criticism and ignorance regarding its constituents

SP

Quote from: mrmicawbers on October 21, 2022, 05:42:38 PM
Not sure if it's true but was told that tou can use the Riverside facilities after the game finishes even if you're from another part of the ground

I'm not sure it's that attractive an option after the game other than for the view?

I noticed some fairly lengthy queues at half-time yesterday, they might need to open up a few more of the bars now the Upper tier is partially open.

RoyTund

I've only sat there for the Villarreal friendly but it seems it really will be top class once all the internal fit is completed. The bars they currently have, or did for that game, we're all temporary.

Also it does seem there will be putney park side turnstiles, like they now have at the river-side of the hammy end, open once the builders store etc has all gone.

filham

It would be nice to get an update on the OFFAL showing the interior areas with a predicted date for the opening of all saeting.