more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

On twitter- Villa make official approach for Silva

Started by Enfield, October 21, 2022, 03:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookieg

Quote from: HV71 on October 21, 2022, 07:20:42 PM
When I ran Country Life our war correspondent was always out shooting - mostly pheasants and driven snipe

Surely you mean shooting peasants??

HV71

Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on October 21, 2022, 07:32:50 PM
Quote from: HV71 on October 21, 2022, 07:20:42 PM
When I ran Country Life our war correspondent was always out shooting - mostly pheasants and driven snipe
🤣

Sadly , it's true

LC

It would be such a terrible decision on his behalf if he were to leave for Villa.

If he was leaving for Chelsea or a club like that then I would get it, but Villa.. no chance

copthornemike

Villa in talks with Sporting Lisbon manager.
Quite popular to have a Portuguese manager apparently!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: filham on October 21, 2022, 05:23:13 PM
Hopfully that is just paper talk but it is worrying. Villa are a big club with top six potential and wll have appeal to most ambitious managers.
Of course, if Silva went he would soon take Mitro with him.

TK needs to kill this one off quickly.

Big club with top six potential.
What era you living in 1960's.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: love4ffc on October 21, 2022, 06:12:10 PM
Make of this what you want.  Hopefully it's all just nonsense. 

Nonsense.

Pluto

No chance. He learned his lesson with this sort of "big club" from his stint at Everton.

Mince n Tatties

Pochettino makes me laugh,says he wants a club already stable and challenging for honours.
Does he think that these clubs in that position are going to sack their managers for him.
Overrated in my book always has been.

Woolly Mammoth

This Verbal Diarrhoea belongs in the Beano alongside Keyhole Kate, Denis The Menace, Plug and Little Plum.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

Unless a manager is unemployed there is no reason to take a chance and join Villa. That doesn't matter what any reporter says

Benny

Latest skybet odds for the Villa job - Marco nowhere so it's all a load of boll&cks!

Ruben Amorim
5/4
Mauricio Pochettino
4/1
Unai Emery
6/1
Sean Dyche
8/1
Thomas Frank
8/1
Michael Beale
12/1
Thomas Tuchel
16/1
Marcelo Gallardo
20/1
Rafa Benitez
20/1

legana

Can't see this happening personally. At Fulham he has a United squad playing for him, which isn't built overnight, including a host of Portuguese speakers, one of the in-form strikers in the league in Mitro, one of the signings of the league in Palhinha and a well-respected ex-player by his side in Boa. If Villa's squad are capable of Top 6, they wouldn't be as terrible as they were on Thursday. BBC Gossip column suggests Villa considering a move for the Sporting Lisbon manager, which concerns me more as they would no doubt be looking for a reputable Portuguese manager as a replacement. He was there before but I read that he fell out with the former President so perhaps wouldn't rule out a return. Either way, it's all just speculation until he does go. Sadly, we will pay the price of success eventually, like Roy, so just need to enjoy it while it lasts.

H4usuallysitting

Jamie88

So, apart from a bloke on twitter who is not only an unknown, but not even a journalist, what other sources are there to suggest Silva has been approached?
I'm guessing none.

alfie

I think we need to be careful with saying "no chance", my feeling is he probably wouldn't take the job if offered, but if the offer gives him a substantial pay increase, full backing on transfers, and of course anything else they offer that may appeal to him, then there is always a chance.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

spoonffc

Quote from: Benny on October 22, 2022, 10:14:58 AM
Latest skybet odds for the Villa job - Marco nowhere so it's all a load of boll&cks!

Ruben Amorim
5/4
Mauricio Pochettino
4/1
Unai Emery
6/1
Sean Dyche
8/1
Thomas Frank
8/1
Michael Beale
12/1
Thomas Tuchel
16/1
Marcelo Gallardo
20/1
Rafa Benitez
20/1

Benitez has gotta be worth a punt if not just to lay it to come in a bit

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: alfie on October 22, 2022, 11:04:59 AM
I think we need to be careful with saying "no chance", my feeling is he probably wouldn't take the job if offered, but if the offer gives him a substantial pay increase, full backing on transfers, and of course anything else they offer that may appeal to him, then there is always a chance.

I won't rest easy until they hire someone else. There are many reasons it would make sense for him to go, I just hope he doesn't.

copthornemike

Quote from: cookieg on October 21, 2022, 07:30:58 PM
Martin Keown was saying how big a club Villa was on Talkshite this morning because of their history blah blah blah. Just because they had a past doesn't make them big anymore. Silva knows he's in a good place I really can't see him going anywhere.
Villa WERE a big club at one time but not now, just have unrealistic hopes of being big again. Very difficult to break into the top 6 now with FFP, even Leicester who actually won the Premiership only a few seasons ago are now struggling badly.
Anyway by money would be on the Sporting Lisbon manager to take over from Gerrard. Strangely could see them beating Brentford this weekend, particularly as playing at home!

copthornemike

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 21, 2022, 09:50:42 PM
Pochettino makes me laugh,says he wants a club already stable and challenging for honours.
Does he think that these clubs in that position are going to sack their managers for him.
Leicester?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 21, 2022, 09:50:42 PM

Oh I don't know, now Potter is unavailable I'd love Poch for England. Assuming we don't somehow win the World Cup. His failure at PSG shouldn't be too big a blot on his career as many great managers have failed there, it's a difficult squad to manage.