watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

On twitter- Villa make official approach for Silva

Started by Enfield, October 21, 2022, 03:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

I would imagine Marco and his team would be very happy with an approach, if true, pay rises all round and Marco benefits without having to do anything.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

The Rock

Link? Seems pretty short sighted. What about the one next to Gerrard can we have him instead?

Jimmy Hill

Thought this might have happened. He praised them a lot in his pre match press conference. Seemed impressed with there squad.

filham

Hopfully that is just paper talk but it is worrying. Villa are a big club with top six potential and wll have appeal to most ambitious managers.
Of course, if Silva went he would soon take Mitro with him.

TK needs to kill this one off quickly.

LC

Quote from: filham on October 21, 2022, 05:23:13 PM
Hopfully that is just paper talk but it is worrying. Villa are a big club with top six potential and wll have appeal to most ambitious managers.

I just don't see him going anywhere. I mean why would he. Villa might have been a big club once upon time but it's irrelevant. Our owners have just as much money if not more.

And even if he were to go, Mitro is under contract. Although I would consider a bid of around £70m due to his age and the fact that his form will eventually drop- probably as he crosses the 30 years old mark which will also mean a huge drop in value

HamsterWheel

I understand Aston Villa have made initial contact with Marco Silva. Topics discussed included who Aston Villa were, how they got Silva's's number and not calling Silva again.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Marco is also considering applying for the PM role & given that will be a short-term position he can then move on to Villa

jayffc

I don't buy that Villa are a particularly big club these days tbh. It's a long long time since the late 80s mid-90s when they last won anything. Some 25-30 years since they were successful.

If we're talking a top 6 club sure, but can't see that being much more appealing than what he's built here. Living in London in a nice borough with affluent owners who just spent out on a brand new fancy stand, that may be willing to splash again bigger if we stay up next year. The last time he moved to Everton it didn't work out for him. Seems a fairly similar sidewise step in my opinion.

demeant0r

https://mobile.twitter.com/thoughtsofazul/status/1583435285429309441

No chance of him leaving. If he heard the Villa fans yesterday jeering Gerrard then I'm sure that itself would him off the offer.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: filham on October 21, 2022, 05:23:13 PM

TK needs to do no such thing. Silva is loved here and said in a recent interview he wanted to stay. He wont leave us for Villa. He had options to go to a champions league team earlier in the year and stayed put.

love4ffc

Make of this what you want.  Hopefully it's all just nonsense. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Sgt Fulham

I'd be surprised if he went to Villa. Surprised and very angry.

Craven Mad

After years of club-hopping, I hope Marco sees the value in spending a few years rebuilding his name here. He's respected, is the backed by the owner, and is exceeding expectations. Stay with us for a few more years, and establish us as a prem team, and a bigger club might come knocking (like it did with Potter).

Leaving for Villa would be a big risk which, if it fails, would put his name back to where it was before he joined us and he'd likely be back to Championship or overseas clubs.

Ara's bacon crisps

It's a parody account. A subtle one, but read a bit more of it and you'll get the gist.

Head of European Sports at the FT? That must be as time consuming as my job as War Correspondent for Country Life.

HV71

When I ran Country Life our war correspondent was always out shooting - mostly pheasants and driven snipe

cookieg

Martin Keown was saying how big a club Villa was on Talkshite this morning because of their history blah blah blah. Just because they had a past doesn't make them big anymore. Silva knows he's in a good place I really can't see him going anywhere.

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: HV71 on October 21, 2022, 07:20:42 PM
When I ran Country Life our war correspondent was always out shooting - mostly pheasants and driven snipe
🤣