watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sparky To Keep Kamara & All His Other Strikers

Started by White Noise, January 08, 2011, 10:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/fa-cup/8248153/Fulham-6-Peterborough-United-2-match-report.html

Fulham 6 Peterborough United 2: match report

Read a full match report of the FA Cup third round tie between Fulham and Peterborough United at Craven Cottage on Saturday Jan 8, 2011.

Ful of it: Diomansy Kamara score for Fulham Photo: PA

By Neil Trainis 6:00PM GMT 08 Jan 2011

Critics of the FA Cup craving a return to the competition's thrilling bygone era were left scowling by Fulham's obdurate professionalism.

Victory over Peterborough United was impressive in its opportunism rather than scintillation despite an emphatic result. A place in the fourth round was secured without pyrotechnics, courtesy of Diomansy Kamara's hat-trick and goals from Dickson Etuhu, Zoltan Gera and Jonathan Greening.

"It's always important to have the right mindset when you go against non-league opposition," said Fulham manager Mark Hughes, who did not underestimate Peterborough and fielded a strong line-up. He also denied rumours Kamara will leave in the transfer window.

"I'm not likely to let any strikers leave when we have a dearth of them."

Peterborough were dogged even when the fixture was lost and registered through Lee Tomlin and Grant McCann's penalty. Ultimately pedigree shone through.

Burt

This probably signals nothing new up front coming in during the January transfer window then.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Burt on January 08, 2011, 10:58:11 PM
This probably signals nothing new up front coming in during the January transfer window then.

Don't think so.....
"....when we have a dearth of them." .... if we sign Keane (or someone else), we won't have a dearth up front anymore.

I think Kamara will stay, but one of EJ/Elm is set to leave.

Lighthouse

If you look at our 25 man squad it appears we have little room to drop players if we are keeping KD in midfield. This leaves Riise as a possible exit and we still have Sendusdross to return in defence. So the only players that can be dropped realistically are forwards. Elm and EJ being the only possibles.

So unless we are to sell players and Hughes has made it pretty clear he doesn't want to, the only way to bring in another forward or two will be at THE expense of Elm or/and EJ
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 09, 2011, 12:56:06 AM
If you look at our 25 man squad it appears we have little room to drop players if we are keeping KD in midfield. This leaves Riise as a possible exit and we still have Sendusdross to return in defence. So the only players that can be dropped realistically are forwards. Elm and EJ being the only possibles.

So unless we are to sell players and Hughes has made it pretty clear he doesn't want to, the only way to bring in another forward or two will be at THE expense of Elm or/and EJ

Elm has been linked with moves to Toulouse and Kalmar, EJ with a return to Aris FC.

I really think one (or both) will leave and I think there'll be an unexpected exit...Gera or Duff. Riise will leave, I'm sure about that.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Lofty ,  Sendusdross ???? I believe you may have left out a 'T' ...........................as I am sure alot of dust will have  settled on him by the time he is fit to play in the 1st team..........

.......I wonder what Jari looks like with no hair ???????