watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

robinson

Started by irishfulham, October 31, 2022, 08:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishfulham

is he currently the best left back in the premier league atm?

Carborundum

Hard to say, but he's certainly the player we hoped he would be when we signed him and more besides.

His first appearance at the Cottage was wearing a Wigan shirt in a frankly dreadful team.  He was astonishingly good and a few on here took up the cause of suggesting he would be a good signing and have steadfastly pointed to his defensive qualities since he arrived.

HV71

I have become a fan having not been impressed ( mostly by his distribution ) . Humble pie being consumed in spades here.

SerbianLad

I wasn't a big fan of him prior to last season, but he improved massively last season and even more in this season and I'm a huge fan of him now. Still think he should improve his crossing as he gets into incredible positions but his final ball is often lacking. His crossing was better in the last match but still, a lot of his crosses were a bit behind where they should be (i.e. they should be slightly ahead of the attacker, not slightly behind). If he improves his crossing he'll be an absolutely perfect left back for the system Marco plays (he's very close to it already imo).

DadCreature

Not sure about best in the league, but he's definitely better than league average (so top 10) and that's an accomplishment at his age and price-tag. It is interesting to watch him with the USA, as he led the squad in chances created during qualifying.  I think he has more offense in him, but it's not the classic hug the touchline and whip in crosses type.  For Silvia's system with Mitro in the box, Jedi needs to develop that skill.

southwest6

Quote from: HV71 on October 31, 2022, 10:29:49 AM
I have become a fan having not been impressed ( mostly by his distribution ) . Humble pie being consumed in spades here.

Same. Been a major critic of his during his time at Fulham, but he has been simply amazing this season. Respect where respect is due!

That said, I do still think that his distribution is poor. Against bournemouth it was particularly bad - although seemed a lot better vs everton!

WindyCity

Very good player, still needs to work on his distribution into the danger area.  Did much better v Everton, if I recall correctly a couple of passes right at Mitrovic's feet.  And one or two nice crosses to others.  Wish he would feel more comfortable taking a distance shot once in awhile, especially when he has momentum moving forward.  Anyway, having a very good season on balance.....

Twig

He's having probably his ever best season with us. He is very important defensively, he links well with Willian and he's using his pace to great effect to get forward into dangerous positions. Yes, he could still improve his distribution but overall I've really liked what I've seen this season.

Tabby

People like to dismiss athletic players as one trick ponies, but athletisism is just as important as skill. Much easier to coach a player to be better technically than physically.

Main thing that I've been impressed by from him this season is his strength. He is able to shrug most other players off the ball in a Mitro-esque fashion.

perry geyton

He's improving at such a rapid rate it's incredible

filham

Robinson is playing the best football this season that we have seen him play.
The worry is who covers for him when he is not available.

DadCreature

Quote from: filham on October 31, 2022, 05:36:11 PM
Agree with that.  Kurzawa did not look good in his appearance earlier.  Might even be Tim Ream pushed out wide left, and that would have a big impact on our offense.

WindyCity

Also, who covers for Mitrovic, Palhinha, Pereira, Willian et al?  If there is a weakness in this team it is how thin we are on the bench, at key positions.  We've been doing ok with Tete's recent absence, but that was a bit of a patchwork quilt.  Credit to MS for proper game planning and player selections.  But we still need some more backup help methinks.

irishfulham

seen little of viniscus to really judge him fairly but I would have been reasonably happy with Muniz as the backup. I would imagine it's difficult to get a high calibre striker in when they know their sitting on the bench for 90% of the season. CDM we most certainly need a back up. Cover for Pereria is cairney and cover for willian is James/Solomun/Kebano

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Carborundum on October 31, 2022, 10:15:56 AM
Hard to say, but he's certainly the player we hoped he would be when we signed him and more besides.

His first appearance at the Cottage was wearing a Wigan shirt in a frankly dreadful team.  He was astonishingly good and a few on here took up the cause of suggesting he would be a good signing and have steadfastly pointed to his defensive qualities since he arrived.
And the away game we couldn't get a result. Bottom against top. They were playing like Champions at the time. But got relegated

JimOG

Quote from: DadCreature on October 31, 2022, 05:40:21 PM
Agree with that.  Kurzawa did not look good in his appearance earlier.  Might even be Tim Ream pushed out wide left, and that would have a big impact on our offense.

Kurzawa is a strange case. He didn't feature for PSG last season so no wonder he would look poor in his first outing. His track record suggests a fine attacking full back. Were there other 'issues' that kept him sidelined?

If, during the WC, he gets game time he might be very useful