https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hasenhuttl sacked

Started by F(f)CUK, November 07, 2022, 10:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F(f)CUK

WhiteJC

Ralph Hasenhuttl sacked as Southampton manager

SAINTS boss Ralph Hasenhuttl has been relieved of his duties as first team manager, the club has announced this morning. 

The decision comes less than 24 hours after the Austrian watched his side get comfortably beaten 4-1 by Newcastle United on Sunday afternoon.

The loss leaves Saints in the relegation zone with one Premier League match left to play ahead of the World Cup break.

Saints have won just three of their opening 14 Premier League matches and that follows a run of one win in 12 to end last season. 

Hasenhuttl was in charge at St Mary's for nearly four years but the failure to build on last season's impressive winter run and struggles to start the new campaign saw pressure steadily rise on the 55 year old's shoulders.

A statement from the club on Monday morning read:

"Hasenhüttl, who was appointed in December 2018, departs having made a significant contribution to the club, overseeing some memorable results and also playing a key role in the development of our club infrastructure, identity and playing squad.

"However, we now believe it is an appropriate time to make a change."

Hasenhuttl's tenure on the South Coast has been marked by notable victories including the 3-2 win at Spurs last season but heavy defeats - including the two 9-0s - will also be remembered.

The club statement also confirmed that First Team Assistant Coach Richard Kitzbichler has departed the club with Hasenhuttl.

First Team Lead Coach Rubén Sellés will lead Saints on Wednesday night for their EFL Cup clash against Sheffield Wednesday with the club stating that they will be "announcing a permanent replacement in due course."

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/23105967.ralph-hasenhuttl-sacked-southampton-manage/

Andy S

Avoiding the drop is what they are all trying to do. But they can't all prevent being relegated. However I think this is a good time to change the manager as he will have time to settle in and find out what he needs in the window come January

Thailand Mick

This could be the opening for Sean Dyche

bog

Free Elvis Hammond

Four years he's been there, I still have absolutely no idea whether he's a genius or a catastrophe

Bill2

Shame I liked him. Not sure what these owners want,  poor funding and they expect miracles.

Tempest

Quote from: Bill2 on November 07, 2022, 12:00:41 PM
Shame I liked him. Not sure what these owners want,  poor funding and they expect miracles.
The same as I would really, coaching, developing talent, buying players from lesser leagues and turning a profit on them. It's what managers used to do. He's had a good amount of time to build a strong platform.

If I was the owner, I'd expect mid table obscurity each season but certainly not 9-0 defeats.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Somerset Fulham

They are talking to Nathan Jones.

Whitestone

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 07, 2022, 01:30:42 PM

They're preparing for the Championship if that's the best they can come up with.

Jim©

They've been flirting with relegation for a good few years now, finishing above 15th once in last 5 years.
They seemed to have spent quite a bit on players this summer, but results have been pretty poor.
I cannot see how Jones is an upgrade on Ralph (easier to spell) but has always seemed to do well at Luton.
Great news for FFC, would be worse if a Dyche type was going in there.

Slaphead in Qatar

We've got them end of Dec - hopefully no new manager bounce for them.

copthornemike

In one sense surprised Hassenhutl stayed as long as he did as the owners replaced his trainer team at the start of the season. Could not see Silva standing for that.

hovewhite

Habitual slow starters and strong finishes under him,pointless sacking,also not the big budget club.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Bill2 on November 07, 2022, 12:00:41 PM

Didn't they spend something like 75mill on a bunch of kids this summer? Think the current problem is that the kids might be a great long term solution, but it might not be the answer to how they can stay in the PL this season...lower half clubs rarely have the luxury to invest for the future, which is a shame.   

LC

I watched them on the weekend, they never stopped trying- maybe they should have stuck with him

Penfold

Sammyffc

Very harsh considering the board pretty much dictate transfers there and always spend money on youth. Youth is good sure, but it isn't going to make you a solid prem team anymore. No wonder they are going for Lutons manager, i doubt a top manager would work under those conditions

Woolly Mammoth

I cannot see how changing the manager who has kept them in the Premier League since he has been at the club will make a lot of difference.
Unless he has fallen out with the hierarchy.
Football at this level never ceases to astound me they end up chasing their tails.
Whether we like it or not the three clubs that end up going down are generally the poorest, somebody has to take the drop, but that does not mean they have to sack the manager before or after.
After all the same people who sacked him are generally the same people who hired him, so they should sack themselves first.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Penfold on November 07, 2022, 08:36:12 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 07, 2022, 01:30:42 PM

He's been gone too long
Don't, that song has been an earworm in my head ever since I heard Jones was in the frame for the Southampton job!